Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

Has anyone else been blinded by that stupid advertising sign at kellihers garage. Driving into town last night just after it got dark and I was completely blinded by that sign (in all the years it's been there I have never noticed what it "advertises") to make it worse the street light just after it on the other side of the road isn't working either. Some guy wearing all dark clothing had just come out of the cemetery and was crossing road to go into the shop. Only that I was going slow and saw him last second it could have had a different ending than me slamming on breaks and just missing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Your right,it's like a flash of lightning all of a sudden at night,it shouldn't be there at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Has anyone else been blinded by that stupid advertising sign at kellihers garage. Driving into town last night just after it got dark and I was completely blinded by that sign (in all the years it's been there I have never noticed what it "advertises") to make it worse the street light just after it on the other side of the road isn't working either. Some guy wearing all dark clothing had just come out of the cemetery and was crossing road to go into the shop. Only that I was going slow and saw him last second it could have had a different ending than me slamming on breaks and just missing him.

It is blinding, I wonder can anything be done about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

g1983d wrote: »

I'll give you 2 bricks....the rest is up to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

I'll give you 2 bricks....the rest is up to you :D
    I was thinking of something a bit more subtle like an email, bricks would work too I guess

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It's been there for a few years now and nothing has been done about it. I don't know how it's allowed. There surely have been complaints put in about it to either Gardai or council!? If there have been, no one seems bothered!

I was thinking of something a bit more subtle like an email, bricks would work too I guess

Kellehers have no intention whatsoever of removing it, planning permission was granted. So no recourse with the KCC. The only hope is multiple reports to the Gardai of it being a visual hazard....prob won't matter either until an accident actually happens

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I was thinking of something a bit more subtle like an email
    Not something they wont have heard before I would think.
    IIRC there was controversy over that sign in the past with both the public and the council having issues with it, but Kellihers seemed to weather the storm and there it stayed.

The "Under the Elements" sleep-out in Pearce Park goes ahead tonight.....hardy mob!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Can anyone recommend someone who would be able to remove sliding doors & replace with open out patio doors? Want to price for now.

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone who would be able to remove sliding doors & replace with open out patio doors? Want to price for now.

Munster joinery and Harris windows and doors (Ardfert) come to mind
    Dillanes in Clash (beside O Neill Lawnmowers) also wort a shout.
    Thats presuming you want someone to supply and fit.

Munster joinery and Harris windows and doors (Ardfert) come to mind
    Dillanes in Clash (beside O Neill Lawnmowers) also wort a shout.
    Thats presuming you want someone to supply and fit.

Great thanks. Forgot about Paul Harris. Have used him for repairs in the past. Must get a quoted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Keel Windows probably do it as well

The road works on Denny street aren't due to begin until November now due to the works not gone to tender yet!

The road works on Denny street aren't due to begin until November now due to the works not gone to tender yet!

I bet the traders are really relishing the prospect of the works going on during Christmas shopping season!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

what works are going on at Ballygarry - the tail back this morning were getting bad with the roundabout down to one lane the whole way around it and the approach from Killorglin side is down to one lane, there seems to be very little work going on

ChloMonroe wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone knows a place that I can pay to get movies and box sets put on a USB for me?

Ask on Facebook...you can't ask for that on here as it's illegal and boards has to adhere to copyright law

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Hi just wondering if anyone knows a place that I can pay to get movies and box sets put on a USB for me?

Torrenting has been a thing for years and years.

We can't give that sort of information as it is against the board rules (please read the forum charter). Please do not post any further questions on it, as you have already on another thread (now deleted). It also has nothing to do with this forum. Mod

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bobdcow wrote: »
    what works are going on at Ballygarry - the tail back this morning were getting bad with the roundabout down to one lane the whole way around it and the approach from Killorglin side is down to one lane, there seems to be very little work going on

Landscaping works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I got the Siro broadband installed a few days ago.

If you type in your home address here http://siro.ie/roll-out/ and see if you are eligible its worth it! Only 40 Euro a month.
    My speed test on my PS4 with a wired connection today;

Speedtest.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

It's available 3 doors up from me, but not at my house yet :-( are you happy with it so far?

All good so far. It's a constant 150 Mb as it comes through my electricity box so I have my own connection at all times, no sharing with anyone in my estate.

The 150Mb is only on a wired connection though. If you connect by wireless it's around 70Mb which isn't bad either!

Had them around a few months ago telling me it would be available ...just checked...it's telling me sign up for updates about availability.....so I'm guessing it's not available to me yet

It's 1000 homes in Phase 1 in Tralee(which is ongoing now) and it's 8000 homes in Phase 2 which is starting around Christmas.

I think if you put your details on the Siro website then they will contact you when it's ready.

Tralee food festival is on next week.

https://www.facebook.com/TraleeFoodFestival/

Tralee food festival is on next week.

https://www.facebook.com/TraleeFoodFestival/

Yeah, that craft beer trail is disgraceful....anyone that calls hop house and mcargles craft beer needs a slap....the choice of beer in this town is disgraceful
    (Bars only, off licences are wonderful)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Has anyone had some food from the deli in the butchers a few doors down from Iceland.
    I have had it twice all ready and good food. ALways seems to be busy as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Yeah, that craft beer trail is disgraceful....anyone that calls hop house and mcargles craft beer needs a slap....the choice of beer in this town is disgraceful
    (Bars only, off licences are wonderful)

I wouldn't quite call it disgraceful. Plenty of variety once you visit the right pubs. The thing is there's just not that much a demand for craft beer in Tralee.

Advertisement