Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I hear that there are still a lot of members of BTS who Are still having membership fees being taken despite it being closed. Apparently a finance company in the uk are who do deal with it and members are being advised to contact them
    cfmadmin@harlandsgroup.co.uk is the email address if anyone needs it.

Shouldn't the banks be able to cancel the direct debit? I also read that some people who paid by card upfront (€500!!) are now stung too. Would the credit card company be able to do something there? Aren't they covered under consumer law? Awful to see so many people get stung for this. Especially after very recently taking up the special offer they had! No updates on his plan to open by the end of September!

More fools them tbh for not cancelling the DD instantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone else having Broadband issues in Tralee?. It's been constantly dropping since Monday. Rang Vodafone and the automated message did say that Tralee amongst other towns are affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Anyone else having Broadband issues in Tralee?. It's been constantly dropping since Monday. Rang Vodafone and the automated message did say that Tralee amongst other towns are affected.

Ya, they keep saying "We are working on it", my colleagues sister managed to get an estimate of three days off them, I'm unsure if that includes the last 2 days or not. They have ignored my tweets and post in the talk to board.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tomhere

Vodafone customer here. Same problem since monday night. Anyone know of any conditions where if you go without broadband for a certain length of time you are legally able to cancel contract. If so how long.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I hear that there are still a lot of members of BTS who Are still having membership fees being taken despite it being closed. Apparently a finance company in the uk are who do deal with it and members are being advised to contact them
    cfmadmin@harlandsgroup.co.uk is the email address if anyone needs it.

Shouldn't the banks be able to cancel the direct debit? I also read that some people who paid by card upfront (€500!!) are now stung too. Would the credit card company be able to do something there? Aren't they covered under consumer law? Awful to see so many people get stung for this. Especially after very recently taking up the special offer they had! No updates on his plan to open by the end of September!

Everyone has a period of time (14 days I think) where they can instruct their bank to reverse any direct debit without question. They should also instruct their bank to cancel future direct debits from this company.

People who paid by credit card may request a chargeback from their credit card provider on the basis of the service paid for not being provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

There are some great deals to be had for 'Commercial gym equipment' in Kerry on Done Deal at the moment !

I hear that there are still a lot of members of BTS who Are still having membership fees being taken despite it being closed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There are some great deals to be had for 'Commercial gym equipment' in Kerry on Done Deal at the moment !

So I heard! Bit difficult to open a gym elsewhere if he's selling his equipment!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Any ETA for broadband fixes in Tralee?? Any way to get extra gigs for the mobile Internet allowance??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'm sure if you rang them they'd do it no bother. A dumb priest never got a parish!!

I tried. They do not want to compensate. Tried both chat and phone (55min waiting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

There are probably issues related to the SIRO rollout.

It seems it is all sorted now. Still ... quite unimpressed with VF handling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Tomhere wrote: »
    Vodafone customer here. Same problem since monday night. Anyone know of any conditions where if you go without broadband for a certain length of time you are legally able to cancel contract. If so how long.

I don't know about what your consumer rights say, but Vodafones terms and conditions state that service is provided on a "Best Effort" basis, and they won't compensate for any periods of missed service.

I think maybe I should not pay my next bill, and respond to their collection calls with "We are working on it, and will SMS you when we have more information"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

oeb wrote: »
    I don't know about what your consumer rights say, but Vodafones terms and conditions state that service is provided on a "Best Effort" basis, and they won't compensate for any periods of missed service.

I think maybe I should not pay my next bill, and respond to their collection calls with "We are working on it, and will SMS you when we have more information"

You could probably get onto comreg over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

If you think that's bad kerry broadband is so slow tonight I don't have enough bandwidth to complete a speed test, be glad you have Vodafone, I'd give my left one for Vodafone broadband right now.

I think the broadband is dodgy all over town, ours keeps dropping now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Eir broadband has been perfect during all these Vodafone problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

A 15yo girl (Lisa Toye) has gone missing today in town. Last seen leaving Pres secondary about 11am, take a look at Facebook for pic of the girl

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I see Siro has been busy recently, rolling their fibre along the Oakpark Road (and other roads too) in conjunction with the street light upgrade - makes sense really.

On another note, for anyone interested in saving a few quid on their lighting, Woodies have a lot of nice Osram and Phillips LED (and CFL) bulbs reduced to clear at the moment - with 20% extra off over the weekend if you sign up to their promotional texts.

A 15yo girl (Lisa Toye) has gone missing today in town. Last seen leaving Pres secondary about 11am, take a look at Facebook for pic of the girl

Found safe & well thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

oeb wrote: »

They pass your details on to a collection agency pretty lively. I owed them money a few years ago and since I paid a 100 euro deposit beforehand, I said I'll pay what I owe, minus the deposit (I didn't believe I would actually get my deposit returned).

Letters started flying in the door from 2 different collection agencies and VF, threatening various actions etc. It got resolved about 6 months later when I basically challenged them to send me out a copy of my contract - to prove I had paid a deposit - and when the operator refused, I said if there's no contract then there was never an agreement. 6 months of sh*t over 40 euro...I'll never deal with VF again.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Found safe & well thankfully.

In other words she was a runaway.

The_Mac wrote: »

I'm not sure what the difference is, a distraught mother was missing her child , personally I'm glad the while thing was resolved and the end was positive

The_Mac wrote: »

Not the place to speculate. None of us know the circumstances. I'm sure her family were very worried regardless.

Businesses using Vodafone in Tralee are looking for compensation for the poor service this week! Thankfully we are not with them. It would have caused us awful problems with our card payment machine which is run off broadband.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/call-for-vodafone-to-compensate-tralee-businesses-for-poor-service/

why only businesses????

sudaltsov wrote: »
    why only businesses????

Everyone can look for compensation from Vodafone....no fcker is going to get anything off them though

why only businesses????

Everyone can try to claim compensation from them, but it does cause businesses problems when they have no broadband. As I mentioned previously, our credit card machine relies on broadband, and if ours had been down due to this issue, we would have lost a lot of sales! Thankfully it didn't as we are not with Vodafone, but I can understand a businesses frustration.

It cause EVERYONE problems when there is no broadband.

• Advertisement

It cause EVERYONE problems when there is no broadband.

Yes of course it does, but does it loose you business??

Advertisement