Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Life is more than just business, isnt it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

sudaltsov wrote: »

ok, well I can't see how it being just an inconvenience to someone's life not to have it working compares to a business losing sales because of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

sudaltsov wrote: »

Small bit of a difference between not being able to watch Netflix and not being able to take in money to keep your business afloat

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Small bit of a difference between not being able to watch Netflix and not being able to take in money to keep your business afloat

just a small bit of a difference alright! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Traders should read their contracts, no way they will get any money from Vodafone.

• Advertisement

Just read in the Tralee Advertiser that 'Fabric' is reopening (again) as FabriK....I thought it just changed names recently...can't remember to what. Is it a new owner again or this guy from Cork?

Wondering if they just realised that people still call it Fabric, so changing it back to that name just made more sense!?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Just read in the Tralee Advertiser that 'Fabric' is reopening (again) as FabriK....I thought it just changed names recently...can't remember to what. Is it a new owner again or this guy from Cork?

Wondering if they just realised that people still call it Fabric, so changing it back to that name just made more sense!?

It's not the guy from Cork, one of the quilters is involved and Micko horan is going to run it at the moment

It's not the guy from Cork, one of the quilters is involved and Micko horan is going to run it at the moment

The ad also says no cover charge!

The ad also says no cover charge!

Yeah, Micko gave me some complimentary cocktail tokens ... just said I don't think I'm your target market ;)

Yeah, Micko gave me some complimentary cocktail tokens ... just said I don't think I'm your target market ;)

I'd love the cocktails, just prefer not to have to go the Fabrik to have them! lol

I see that they have that fool 'Bear' from Celebrity big brother/Love Island diong a PA there this month! Classy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Spirals is still the best night club the town has ever had

Spirals is still the best night club the town has ever had

Think it's closed now though

:)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

A bit ironic considering the real Fabric in London was closed down a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Maybe them lads that run 'Soprano's' takeaway have taken it over, they like name changing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Never shopped in iceland before.

Anyone recommend anything particularly nice to try in there??

Never bought anything in there since it's been in Tralee. I walked around it once & it had nothing I was interested in.

Never bought anything in there since it's been in Tralee. I walked around it once & it had nothing I was interested in.

Same as you, walked around twice and bought a pack of golden wonder crisps.....I wonder how it's doing overall ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

I usually go there once a week to buy some frozen veg and some of Linda McCartneys range. Its usually quiet and the people that are shopping there seem to be stacking up on cheap pizzas, burgers and all kinds of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Most of their pizzas are good. And the hash brown fries are lovely for €1.85.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Lots. The Chicken Curry's for €2 and you can buy a 6 pack bag of rice separately. Salmon Pie for around €3 I think. The Pork Pies are good. The Mint Ice Cream 4's for €1.50 etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Probably the cheapest milk in town with two 2 litre cartons for €2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

If we're doing bargain alerts, try Applegreen own brand 2 liter milk cartons in their garages,2 cartons for €3 !! Best I've seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Does anyone know if there is still a 9 hole golf course open in Tralee? I remember playing in it around 15 years ago. Can't remember exactly where it was but as you drive along the canal towards Blenerville, instead of going left (over the bridge) before the Windmill, you'd turn right and head up that direction for a few miles. I thought it was The Kerries golf course but has the Kerries been renamed as Tralee golf course? It wasn't a links course like Tralee or Ardfert. Can't find any info on Google

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

siblers wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is still a 9 hole golf course open in Tralee? I remember playing in it around 15 years ago. Can't remember exactly where it was but as you drive along the canal towards Blenerville, instead of going left (over the bridge) before the Windmill, you'd turn right and head up that direction for a few miles. I thought it was The Kerries golf course but has the Kerries been renamed as Tralee golf course? It wasn't a links course like Tralee or Ardfert. Can't find any info on Google

Nearest 9 hole course now is out in Ballyheigue

Kerries is only a driving range now

Ardfert closed down in the past year

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Yes 62c/l is great value better than dunnes 66c/l or apple green 75c/l

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Was just wondering would there be any vets around town you would recommend? Our little dog has developed a problem that needs to be addressed tomorrow and would be great to see who would be a good option in town

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Yakult wrote: »
    Was just wondering would there be any vets around town you would recommend? Our little dog has developed a problem that needs to be addressed tomorrow and would be great to see who would be a good option in town

Thanks!

Eugene McGrath in town. Danny Holmes up in Caherslee is also a great vet too. Good luck with your dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Brian Quilter down by the Ashe Hotel is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/budget-2017-town-what-tralee-wants-from-the-budget-1.2819513

Interesting article in today's Irish Times from different Tralee resident viewpoints. I wonder how well the opinion by a well known publican of describing Tralee's unemployed with all their handouts as the "new wealthy" will go down with some!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

ongarboy wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/budget-2017-town-what-tralee-wants-from-the-budget-1.2819513

Interesting article in today's Irish Times from different Tralee resident viewpoints. I wonder how well the opinion by a well known publican of describing Tralee's unemployed with all their handouts as the "new wealthy" will go down with some!!
    You don't have to be a publican to see the wealthy lifestyles of some so called unemployed,maybe there are his best customers while people working for a living see the pub as a luxury now and then due to tight home budgets

Advertisement