Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

So Gas Networks Ireland recently decided that it was economically viable to build a 40km pipeline to bring gas to Wexford town but they don't think it's economically viable to extend the new pipeline to Listowel another 25km to Tralee.

As more and more towns get connected to the national grid, Tralee is only going to be left further and further behind as it becomes even less attractive to industry setting up in town.

Sligo and Letterkenny are the only other major towns left that also haven't got a commitment to be connected up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see there's a new kids clothes shop in castle street, on the corner of moyderwell. It looks nice. I think it's called Cool Kids. Must pop in soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Tralee has been chosen as one of ten ‘pilot’ towns in the National Town Centre Health Check (TCHC) Training Programme.
    http://traleetoday.ie/health-checks/

I hear the old Randles unit in Manor retail park has been let. Don't know who to yet, but change of usage has been applied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I hear the old Randles unit in Manor retail park has been let. Don't know who to yet, but change of usage has been applied for.

As its a big building, It would be cool if they converted it into a couple of restaurants for the likes of Milanos, Nandos etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Well done to the Truck driver who thought it would be a good idea to go down that little road by the ITT roundabout this morning. My normal 8 min commute took 45 Mins. :mad:

R62iVhD.png

yB7PGfl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Is it a removal van? If so I suppose he had no other option. The new neighbours would want their beds and things.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's a haulage company, could have been transporting anything really.

An RTE archives video of Tralee from 1966
    http://www.rte.ie/archives/2016/1011/823124-discovering-tralee/

Apparently Kerry CoCo & Irish water are about to go digging up the Mall for 6 weeks! It says only 4 days notice was given to businesses in the area!
    http://traleetoday.ie/chamber-alliance-describes-timing-water-mains-work-bizarre/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Apparently Kerry CoCo & Irish water are about to go digging up the Mall for 6 weeks! It says only 4 days notice was given to businesses in the area!
    http://traleetoday.ie/chamber-alliance-describes-timing-water-mains-work-bizarre/

Quick!!! Break out all the popcorn gifs....
    They're going to go fckin apeshïte in town :)

Quick!!! Break out all the popcorn gifs....
    They're going to go fckin apeshïte in town :)

can you imagine the state of the place between those works and Denny street?! Great co-ordination by the council!:rolleyes:
    Save

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Root up the town and just get get it finished before Xmas

No pressure lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

How long will the work on Denny Street etc take in the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Root up the town and just get get it finished before Xmas

No pressure lads

There is never going to be a 'good time' to do these type of works but if its got to be done its got to be done. However they should really be either doing the works at night or 24/7 to ease the pain - but that costs money that no doubt KCC are unwilling to pay.

Replacing the water main is Irish Water's responsibility and Irish Water will be footing the bill for that. As in Listowel, KCC quite correctly notified all utilities of the upcoming street improvement works to give them the opportunity to carry out their own works in advance or as part of the main works.

The decision to lay the main in advance would have been as a result of an assessment that suggested that was the best course of action.

TCA would do well to be grateful that Irish Water is investing in this necessary infrastructure upgrade rather than winging over the unavoidable inconvenience! :rolleyes:

Adiboo wrote: »
    How long will the work on Denny Street etc take in the new year?

About 6 weeks for Denny street I think. Although I thought that was due to start in Nov/Dec & the mall in the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Anyone know what time pizza time open today and of they would do delivery during the day?

g1983d wrote: »
    Anyone know what time pizza time open today and of they would do delivery during the day?

They are definitely open during day, not sure about when they start deliveries.

https://www.facebook.com/pizza-time-restaurant-and-coffee-shop-tralee-286289784724661/

Apparently there free electrical recycling in the Mart, Caherslee, tomorrow (Saturday, 15th) from 10am - 4pm. I saw someone mention it on facebook, but I cant see anything on their website or anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Well done to the Truck driver who thought it would be a good idea to go down that little road by the ITT roundabout this morning.

Probably "told to" by his GPS. It amazes me that when a perfectly good and direct route via R-roads is available, they still send you down roads with grass in the middle to save a couple of hundred metres off the journey.

JonathonS wrote: »
    Probably "told to" by his GPS. It amazes me that when a perfectly good and direct route via R-roads is available, they still send you down roads with grass in the middle to save a couple of hundred metres off the journey.

I've noticed a few trucks who seem to take the wrong road in the Oakpark or Clash/Ballybeggan area. Saw a huge truck going round the Ballybeggan roundabout twice the other day, looking lost!

Boyle Bros have received planning for the new access road to Manor from the Killarney Road roundabout. Hopefully, if it's not appealed, work will start fairly speedily and it'll take some traffic from Killerisk.

If McDonald's get planning for their new restaurant, it'll finally tidy up that eyesore of a site between the Manor West Hotel and their existing restaurant.

Building is well under way for the new Lidl site in town. I hear its meant to be some sort of 'concept' store, although not too sure what exactly that means! 2 Lidls and 2 Aldis in town seems a lot. Although that saying, there are also 2 Dunnes and 2 Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Speaking of construction, anyone know whats going on in that new site on the 'Fat mile'? Housing estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Speaking of construction, anyone know whats going on in that new site on the 'Fat mile'? Housing estate?

Which end? If it's the one opposite O'Donnells bar and pharmacy, then it seems to be a very exclusive development of houses, some of them already built look massive! I'm not a fan of the big high wall along the perimeter (a lower wall with railings and shrubbery would have been nicer).

ongarboy wrote: »
    Which end? If it's the one opposite O'Donnells bar and pharmacy, then it seems to be a very exclusive development of houses, some of them already built look massive! I'm not a fan of the big high wall along the perimeter (a lower wall with railings and shrubbery would have been nicer).
    No, this is at the other end, more or less across the road from the entrance into the Industrial estate. Seem to be making a big road into it.

That estate looks to be fairly upmarket alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ruffmut

Another housing estate is going there. Looking at the planning application there is 46 new houses going up.

ruffmut wrote: »
    Another housing estate is going there. Looking at the planning application there is 46 new houses going up.

The boom is back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

ongarboy wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the big high wall along the perimeter (a lower wall with railings and shrubbery would have been nicer).

And I love that wall! I think it's really impressive and beautifully done, every time I park at the shop there I look at it and admire it. I love the way it goes around the tree especially.

Advertisement