Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

ruffmut wrote: »
    Another housing estate is going there. Looking at the planning application there is 46 new houses going up.

Interesting! I'd say there'll come a point when that whole road will have development along it in the future (like the Killeen Road) making it no longer a speedy bypass as local traffic increases!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ongarboy wrote: »
    Interesting! I'd say there'll come a point when that whole road will have development along it in the future (like the Killeen Road) making it no longer a speedy bypass as local traffic increases!

Ya I can see that happening as well,then they will have to put another by pass in pass

View of site and plans for that new Fat Mile development for anyone that's interested.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

View of site and plans for that new Fat Mile development for anyone that's interested.

The strip of fields outside the red line to the left of the photograph is reserved for the proposed relief road connecting Forge Cross to the Fat Mile.

Quackster wrote: »
    The strip of fields outside the red line to the left of the photograph is reserved for the proposed relief road connecting Forge Cross to the Fat Mile.

That's interesting. For some reason, I thought that relief road was to go from Forge Cross to a new roundabout on the Abbeydorney road (near Listellick) only. I didn't realise it was going to extend all the way to the Bracker O'Regan (Fat Mile) Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The boom is back!
    As someone who recently bought a house, believe me new houses are badly needed in Tralee. This is not a bad thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    As someone who recently bought a house, believe me new houses are badly needed in Tralee. This is not a bad thing.

So true! We want to sell & move in the next year or two and there is a serious lack of decent houses around. Then anything I do like is way over our budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

xxyyzz wrote: »

Not for a minute am I saying that it is.
    Its been a LONG time since a development of that size has started in Tralee, and its nice to see a bit of confidence again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Are the houses/apartments at the Castlemaine Road roundabout being finished? Not sure of the name but they are on your right as you drive in along the By-pass from the John Mitchels roundabout towards the Castlemaine Rd roundabout.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Radio5 wrote: »
    Are the houses/apartments at the Castlemaine Road roundabout being finished? Not sure of the name but they are on your right as you drive in along the By-pass from the John Mitchels roundabout towards the Castlemaine Rd roundabout.

Yeah I've often wondered what's happening with those. Nama must have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Don't think so, their up for sale alright,

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/concern-over-litter-as-mcdonald-s-eyes-tralee-expansion-1.2831704

To be decided by KCC tomorrow night. i've seen the two storey McDonalds drive thru outside Dublin Airport and it looks quite classy and futuristic and not a bit tacky looking so I think this should get the go ahead in Tralee. It would be an improvement on some of the other eyesores approaching the town (that dilapidated business/garage in front of Aldi across the road from McDonalds for example).

What builder has that site?

A book of condolences is now open in the Kerry County council building in Rathass for the passing of Munster head coach Anthony Foley, RIP.

McDonalds got the go ahead for their 2 storey redevelopment!
    http://traleetoday.ie/mcdonalds-gets-go-ahead-new-two-storey-restaurant/

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    McDonalds got the go ahead for their 2 storey redevelopment!
    http://traleetoday.ie/mcdonalds-gets-go-ahead-new-two-storey-restaurant/

That headline is somewhat misleading. The Tralee MD gave the go-ahead for the material contravention but it still has to complete planning. Kerry CoCo planning department could still refuse permission, but that is probably unlikely.

What builder has that site?

I don't know.I just saw it on Daft. Sherry Fitz are the agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

I have passed by the cinema a few Tuesday evenings recently and the car park is always full, security men at the entrance and cars parked on the footpath up past the Aquadome. Anyone know what is happening in the cinema on Tuesdays, the curiosity is getting the better of me?!! :D Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Think it's a fiver on Tuesdays

Funny you bring this up as there was an article today about dozens of cars ticketed last night because they were parking illegally on Dan Spring Road (blocking footpaths etc) and how the offenders were "outraged"!. The congestion is caused by the cheap cinema tickets on Tuesdays. Amazingly on Facebook, all the comments section seems pretty much fully in support of enforcing the no parking rules which is good to see. One of my pet hates is seeing wheelchair or buggy users (or indeed anyone) being forced out onto a road because someone has blocked the footpath with their car.

Interestingly, the Brandon carpark was offered as an alternative for patrons but of course that involves a 3 minute walk which many well able Tralee people are allergic to for some reason.

I wonder which of the bleeding heart local councillors will be first to be rallying around those hard done by motorists??!!

http://traleetoday.ie/cinema-customers-issued-parking-tickets-9pm-last-night/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Funny you bring this up as there was an article today about dozens of cars ticketed last night because they were parking illegally on Dan Spring Road (blocking footpaths etc) and how the offenders were "outraged"!. The congestion is caused by the cheap cinema tickets on Tuesdays. Amazingly on Facebook, all the comments section seems pretty much fully in support of enforcing the no parking rules which is good to see. One of my pet hates is seeing wheelchair or buggy users (or indeed anyone) being forced out onto a road because someone has blocked the footpath with their car.

Interestingly, the Brandon carpark was offered as an alternative for patrons but of course that involves a 3 minute walk which many well able Tralee people are allergic to for some reason.

I wonder which of the bleeding heart local councillors will be first to be rallying around those hard done by motorists??!!

Hopefully nobody.
    Serves them right

Babysitter €20
    Cinema tickets €5
    Getting fcked by traffic warden... Priceless!!
    :D

Delighted those idiots have finally been ticketed and long may it continue! Parking on footpaths is illegal for a reason - it's a completely vile, selfish, ignorant thing to do.

Now hopefully the next to be done over will be all the twats who think it's perfectly acceptable to park in cycling lanes - starting with the twats blocking the cycling lane outside the Green when collecting their lazy kids from school each evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

I was in a wheel chair a few years back due to illness. It was damn near impossible to get around most places easily because of the amount of people who park their car along the footpath.

Im glad to see something is being done about it.

Gardaí aware of a scam where woman targets motorists in Kerry car parks

Gardaí say they’re aware of a scam where a woman is targeting motorists in Kerry car parks for cash.

Margaret from North Kerry contacted Radio Kerry to say she was in a car park in Tralee last Sunday morning, when a woman knocked on her car window and asked for money, saying her car was locked in another car park and she needed money to get out.

The woman is described as being of average height, with curly, medium length hair tied back, and being in her 40s or 50s.

Other listeners in the county have since contacted Radio Kerry with similar experiences, but sometimes the woman asks for money saying her car was out of petrol.

Gardaí say they’re aware of such scams operating, and Margaret says she wants to make other people aware of it before they too get caught.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/gardai-aware-of-a-scam-where-woman-targets-motorists-in-kerry-car-parks/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

It never ceases to amaze me the number of motorists who seemingly are seeming not happy unless they can drive in the front door of a premises. They don't even need to use the Brandon car park. There are a 101 a one places they could park on the street within 5 minutes walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

People are really getting their knickers in a twist over the cinema parking.....I'm only waiting for someone to mention that if a car is parked illegally and is deemed an obstruction, it can be moved by the Gardai .....cinema, popcorn, movie......and a taxi home!
    :D

kn wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me the number of motorists who seemingly are seeming not happy unless they can drive in the front door of a premises. They don't even need to use the Brandon car park. There are a 101 a one places they could park on the street within 5 minutes walk.

And how businesses encourage them by throwing hissy-fits at any attempts to reduce the amount of street parking!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Maybe to encourage people to walk to the cinema (and Aquadome) from town, they should put in a pedestrian crossing at the Dan Spring road side of the roundabout (on the roundabout like the roundabout at the top of Rock St).

That road can be be dangerous to cross especially with young kids.

The Museum is doing a haunted theme again this year, starting from Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/Kerry-County-Museum-121924824523387/

• Advertisement

Great to see the new Basketball team has got off to a great start,spotted this earlier on

https://twitter.com/culloty11/status/789895502804447232

Advertisement