Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Reminds me of when we used to go with my dad as kids. Back when it was Tralee Tigers! We loved going!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Reminds me of when we used to go with my dad as kids. Back when it was Tralee Tigers! We loved going!

Think I might head along some Saturday night for a game,

Ya I went to a few games when the Tigers were on the go,was always great entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Anybody on here know of anyone involved with a bonfire for halloween coming up that would be interested in a big pile of wood?? Just moved into the new house, and the previous tenants have left the remains of a timber shed scattered down the side of the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Another food establishment for Tralee! Sicilian cousins opening Italian deli in old Casket shop opposite Courthouse in Ashe St. Sounds promising!

http://traleetoday.ie/sicilian-cousins-choose-tralee-set-authentic-italian-deli/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

ongarboy wrote: »
    Another food establishment for Tralee! Sicilian cousins opening Italian deli in old Casket shop opposite Courthouse in Ashe St. Sounds promising!

http://traleetoday.ie/sicilian-cousins-choose-tralee-set-authentic-italian-deli/

They were the same guys who originally opened the Italian place on Edward st where SeanChara is now. I don't know what happened subsequently but they left the business and another guy took over, anyway I'm glad it is reopening as the sandwiches in there were superb and the ingredients were top quality.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    They were the same guys who originally opened the Italian place on Edward st where SeanChara is now. I don't know what happened subsequently but they left the business and another guy took over, anyway I'm glad it is reopening as the sandwiches in there were superb and the ingredients were top quality.

Yeah the Italian guy was involved in Taste of Italy/Guiseppe's with two other guys (Eastern european guys). The Italian guy parted ways and one of the other two kept running it, but it didn't work out. They didn't seem to have the same flair for it as the Italian guy did. I too loved their sandwiches. It looks like it'll be a nice place! Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Does anyone know where I could find Mirin (rice wine, not vinegar) in Tralee? Tried 2 asian shops on the Castle street - no luck... Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

sudaltsov wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could find Mirin (rice wine, not vinegar) in Tralee? Tried 2 asian shops on the Castle street - no luck... Thanks!

Try Tesco out in Manor, I got it there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

If the cars going to the Cinema parked fully on the carriageway would they be committing a parking offence? There are no "no parking" signs or double yellow lines on this stretch and the cycle lane is on the opposite side. Incidentally the signs mounted on the street furniture are very amateurish and don't conform with the languages act or even look like official signage.

I agree parking on the footpath is a nasty dangerous practice.

Perhaps the aqua dome could charge 50c for parking for the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Throw your car anywhere around the DOMS every Sunday is OK then ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

If the cars going to the Cinema parked fully on the carriageway would they be committing a parking offence? There are no "no parking" signs or double yellow lines on this stretch and the cycle lane is on the opposite side. Incidentally the signs mounted on the street furniture are very amateurish and don't conform with the languages act or even look like official signage.

I agree parking on the footpath is a nasty dangerous practice.

You are also not allowed to park anywhere it will interfere with traffic, or on any section of road where there is a continuous white line (Which I believe includes ghost islands), if I remember correctly, there is a ghost island the entire way from the tennis club to passed the aquadome property line.

Another door to door scam around. Kids pretending to be collecting for Tralee Rugby club. http://traleetoday.ie/door-door-scam-hitting-tralee-estates/

Anyone know what has opened a coupe of doors up from Sean Ogs in bridge street? Think it's next to the coin. Looks like some sort of youth cafe but have only driven past so can never see it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Toni's in Clash seems to have gotten rid of the shop part and is focusing on Fish and Chips now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stanleyb

Not enough footfall and no parking. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Anyone know what has opened a coupe of doors up from Sean Ogs in bridge street? Think it's next to the coin. Looks like some sort of youth cafe but have only driven past so can never see it properly.

Kerry T.C.G. (Stands for trading card games) they were running events on Sundays for the last few months in the Abbey. It's basically a gaming shop where people also go to play games. It's board games, card games like pokemon, yu-gi-oh etc, and role playing games (Dungeons and Dragons) all that kind of thing.

I got involved originally myself when my young fella wanted to go play pokemon cards, but I have started playing a few different games myself now too. I go more often than he does now. It's good fun, very varied age ranges, pokemon is about 50% or 60% kids, but something like board games night (Thursday evening) or Dice Masters (Superhero dice game, Wednesday evenings) is all adults.

Newbies are welcome, and if you ever fancy dipping your feet into the world of gaming, send me a PM, maybe I can recommend a game to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

^^^
    But genuinely, a brilliant idea and hope it runs and runs

oeb wrote: »
    Kerry T.C.G. (Stands for trading card games) they were running events on Sundays for the last few months in the Abbey. It's basically a gaming shop where people also go to play games. It's board games, card games like pokemon, yu-gi-oh etc, and role playing games (Dungeons and Dragons) all that kind of thing.

I got involved originally myself when my young fella wanted to go play pokemon cards, but I have started playing a few different games myself now too. I go more often than he does now. It's good fun, very varied age ranges, pokemon is about 50% or 60% kids, but something like board games night (Thursday evening) or Dice Masters (Superhero dice game, Wednesday evenings) is all adults.

Newbies are welcome, and if you ever fancy dipping your feet into the world of gaming, send me a PM, maybe I can recommend a game to try.

Thats a great idea! Not for me, and my baby too young, but I have a teenage nephew who might be interested. He probably already knows about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

ongarboy wrote: »

First time in there today, it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

RTE programme on Tralee from 1966.

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2016/1011/823124-discovering-tralee/

What's amazing from that footage is that some parts of Tralee have not changed in 50 years!! The only thing different in the Pres footage is the cars are modern nowdays!!

• Advertisement

I came across a facebook page for Ashe street, featuring all the shops and places to eat. They are having a street festival on Nov 19th.
    https://www.facebook.com/ashestreetquarter/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Heard a few whispers today that Irish TV are in trouble, possibly going under?
    Only a rumour, stressing that, but would be a shame as they have a good base in the Technology Park and enjoy the half hour Kerry show

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Only a rumour, stressing that, but would be a shame as they have a good base in the Technology Park and enjoy the half hour Kerry show

Warriors Basketcase Sponsors

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Would hate to see jobs lost but they come across as rather amateurish. Poor production standards.

With what it must cost to be carried on Astra and listed on the Sky EPG (on top of all their other overheads) versus what their yellow-pack ads surely earn them, I really don't see how the sums could add up.

And they've also been trying to get on to Saorview which would cost the guts of a million a year.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I also noticed the Irish TV vehicle outside the Rose Hotel a lot. Its preferred expenses location? Not the budget option for accommodation.

kn wrote: »
    I also noticed the Irish TV vehicle outside the Rose Hotel a lot. Its preferred expenses location? Not the budget option for accommodation.

The Rose hotel would be a sponsorship partner of Irish TV

http://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/news/35867-reports-that-production-has-ceased-at-irish-tv-following-withdrawal-of-key-investor

Not looking good at the moment, a major sponsor would be needed to keep Irish TV afloat now

http://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/news/35867-reports-that-production-has-ceased-at-irish-tv-following-withdrawal-of-key-investor

Not looking good at the moment, a major sponsor would be needed to keep Irish TV afloat now

Yikes, not good.

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »

It was nothing, a light aircraft overshot the runway and because of safety procedures the scheduled aircraft returned to its take off point instead of divertinh to Shannon or Cork

Advertisement