Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

A lot of road resurfacing works in Oakpark at the moment, so expect delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

http://traleetoday.ie/free-parking-christmas-town-centre-returns/

Free parking in town over the Xmas period

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    A lot of road resurfacing works in Oakpark at the moment, so expect delays.

Don't expect it to be done quickly. They took forever with Monavalley resurfacing over the last few months and the road ended up being higher than the footpaths so they had to raise all of them as well!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    Don't expect it to be done quickly. They took forever with Monavalley resurfacing over the last few months and the road ended up being higher than the footpaths so they had to raise all of them as well!!:eek::eek::eek:

It seems to only have been Bill kinnerk road today (now reopened) although I know they did Racecourse road and a bit of the Oakpark road last week. Not sure if they are doing any more of Oakpark this week.

Secondary school strike has been called off so all schools affected are reopening tomorrow.

The Tralee do you know page has the same question posted over & over about the strike! Can people not read & see the question has been asked & answered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Secondary school strike has been called off so all schools affected are reopening tomorrow.

The Tralee do you know page has the same question posted over & over about the strike! Can people not read & see the question has been asked & answered!

Probably because most of the people who post on that page are the type of people who will ask something on Facebook instead of taking 30 seconds out of their life to Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

siblers wrote: »
    Probably because most of the people who post on that page are the type of people who will ask something on Facebook instead of taking 30 seconds out of their life to Google it.

Saw a guy the other day asking did anyone know the number of a certain shop in Tralee.
    It would have been much faster to type the shop name into Google than type the question into facebook. :rolleyes:, but some people seem to crave attention..

Yeah, i fcking hate that page, run by morons and populated by morons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

This morning someone was looking for the "cheapest place in Tralee to buy a thongs :) for the fire"

xxyyzz wrote: »
    This morning someone was looking for the "cheapest place in Tralee to buy a thongs :) for the fire"

I saw that and was sorely tempted to post... but I closed my Facebook account years ago and it's only the business account now....have to be careful..

Although...I did have a laugh some weeks ago on there ;)

• Advertisement

Saw someone put in all the details you need to get a car insurance quote and asked for just that, how much would it cost!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Anyone know where I can find some common sense in Tralee tia Huns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Anyone know where I can find some common sense in Tralee tia Huns

Guineys gurl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Question for everyone: Where is 'the Small Square' in Tralee?

Just to settle an argument.

kn wrote: »
    Question for everyone: Where is 'the Small Square' in Tralee?

Just to settle an argument.

I never heard of such a place but I googled it and Rose of Tralee website seemed to advertise some activities taking place in the small square this year. Are they referring to the area around the Christy Hennessy statue near Pizzatime? I thought that was just called Abbeycourt.

http://www.roseoftralee.ie/events?lightbox=dataItem-iq81cymf

siblers wrote: »

When the site's description says the following in bold, you can see why stupid, repetitive, completely unnecessary or bleeding obvious questions are encouraged.

"This page is for people in the Tralee vicinity to share and request information on various happenings in the area. It's purpose is to facilitate as many queries as possible. This is not a site or selling items."

ongarboy wrote: »
    I never heard of such a place but I googled it and Rose of Tralee website seemed to advertise some activities taking place in the small square this year. Are they referring to the area around the Christy Hennessy statue near Pizzatime? I thought that was just called Abbeycourt.

http://www.roseoftralee.ie/events?lightbox=dataItem-iq81cymf

That's what I thought. Abbeycourt is actually Central Plaza to the best of my knowledge. 'The small square' is to my knowledge a local term for Abbeycourt/Central Plaza.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kn wrote: »
    That's what I thought. Abbeycourt is actually Central Plaza to the best of my knowledge. 'The small square' is to my knowledge a local term for Abbeycourt/Central Plaza.

I've heard two areas called the Small Square - that area beside Central Plaza and the square at the back of Penny's.

Yes, it's the square where Dorrington's is

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/interim-examiner-appointed-to-irish-tv-1.2863080#.WCSwrRCYQ4p.twitter

As we thought, Irish TV has gone into examinership and redundancies and closures all around it seems

• Advertisement

Yes, it's the square where Dorrington's is

Dorrington's?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

More here

Report Recommends Closure Of Irish TV’s Tralee Office As Company Obtains Court Protection

THE Irish TV company has obtained High Court protection after an unexpected funding shortfall and liabilities over assets of €8.7m.

The station has its headquarters in Westport, Co Mayo, but also has a base at Kerry Technology Park. The company made a petition to the High Court today seeking its protection with an immediate operational cash flow shortfall after the main funder withdrew support in late October.

The company has been making losses for four years and has net liabilities of €8.7m. The report says that the company has a reasonable prospect of survival, if a number of steps are taken, including the closure of offices in Kerry, New York, London, Dublin and Tyrone and the implementation of a redundancy programme for certain employees and reduced travel costs and expenses across all departments.

Factors which caused difficulties for the station included the fact it was not in a position to fund RTE’s security requirements for accessing the Saorview platform and the Brexit decision affecting advertising revenue.

Ms Justice Marie Baker appointed Michael McAteer as interim examiner.

Irish TV broadcasts a 24-hour channel on Sky, Eir and free-to-air services as well as an on-line video on demand service. It has a regular Kerry County Matters programme broadcast on Wednesday nights at 7.30pm.

http://traleetoday.ie/jobs-irish-tv-threat/

Lionel.....old TV/radio shop, across from fish shop, near Abbeygate.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

If Irish TV is gone does that impact on the warriors?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

amadain wrote: »
    Warriors Basketcase Sponsors

yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Looking to pick up 10-20 srocking fillers for the girlfriend.

Lip balms. Figurines. Toys. Jewellery. Nail varnish. Teddy. Etc etc etc

What shops should i head to for a nice selection? Anywhere that id maybe pick up something unusual or quirky?

Prob give a few euro shops a look too. Penneys also.

Looking to pick up 10-20 srocking fillers for the girlfriend.

Lip balms. Figurines. Toys. Jewellery. Nail varnish. Teddy. Etc etc etc

What shops should i head to for a nice selection? Anywhere that id maybe pick up something unusual or quirky?

Prob give a few euro shops a look too. Penneys also.

Upstairs in Penney's definitely worth a look. They do a good range of cosmetics. There's a sale on make-up etc in CH Chemist at the moment. There's a shop in the arcade in Bridge street that is nice. Not sure of name, but it sells soaps and candles etc. Worth checking out for something different.

Preliminary Work on the two way system in Denny street has begun. http://traleetoday.ie/works-underway-tralee-town-centre-prepare-denny-street-two-way/

National Transportation Authority are recommending the elimination of the direct Tralee-Dublin rail service with all services changing at Mallow. In return they are proposing that the number of services be increased to an hourly from a 2 hourly service. IF they do move to the hourly service then I would support the elimination of the direct service. I did often wonder about the economics and safety of the long train direct service on the Tralee-Mallow leg.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/2016-rail-review-recommends-dropping-direct-kerry-dublin-routes/

• Advertisement

Preliminary Work on the two way system in Denny street has begun. http://traleetoday.ie/works-underway-tralee-town-centre-prepare-denny-street-two-way/

Just in time for Christmas!! :eek:

Advertisement