Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

I don't think that location is usually up and running this early any year, it was definitely nearer the 8th last year if not later, I know because I was looking for a fine tree :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Belfield trees is open next to Nolans garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Most people probably know but if not..

There's a ParcelMotel in town (at the petrol station next to Gallys). If you're ordering stuff from Amazon or any other website that offers free UK delivery, you can get an address in N. Ireland and Parcel Motel will bring your package down from there for €3.95.

Might be handy for people looking to get presents delivered for Christmas etc.

There are also other providers offering a similar service - An Post have AddressPal and DPD have Parcel Wizard.

Just something to keep in mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Dingle distillerys whisky is now available, €65 for the norm, and €120 for the cask strength..... saucy enough

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Dingle distillerys whisky is now available, €65 for the norm, and €120 for the cask strength..... saucy enough

Very limited stock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

phormium wrote: »
    I don't think that location is usually up and running this early any year, it was definitely nearer the 8th last year if not later, I know because I was looking for a fine tree :)

Its up and running today! Vat invoice supplied :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

kerryked wrote: »
    Most people probably know but if not..

There's a ParcelMotel in town (at the petrol station next to Gallys). If you're ordering stuff from Amazon or any other website that offers free UK delivery, you can get an address in N. Ireland and Parcel Motel will bring your package down from there for €3.95.

Might be handy for people looking to get presents delivered for Christmas etc.

There are also other providers offering a similar service - An Post have AddressPal and DPD have Parcel Wizard.

Just something to keep in mind

Now that's what I call a good post. Well done KK.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Very limited stock!

Yeah, 7,500 bottles for sale...a few barrels were offered to a select batch of clients, buy on general sale, less 30 barrels

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Bah humbug!:mad:

Crib in the Square vandalised at the weekend. The Joseph figurine was beheaded.

I hope CCTV is able to identify the scumbags involved so they get punished. I'm not religious but I know this crib gives pleasure to so many and this appalling behavior goes against the spirit of what Christmas is all about.

ongarboy wrote: »

I hope CCTV is able to identify the scumbags involved so they get punished. I'm not religious but I know this crib gives pleasure to so many and this appalling behavior goes against the spirit of what Christmas is all about.

And don't forget someone tore down Jasmine's garland.....oh the inhumanity if it all !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

ongarboy wrote: »

I don't know. I think the crib is now more reflective of Tralee. Father buggers off leaving the lone mother with the baby - happens everyday in Tralee! :pac:

I passed thorough the Square a couple of times today and I cannot recollect seeing the nativity there - is it gone?

kn wrote: »
    I passed thorough the Square a couple of times today and I cannot recollect seeing the nativity there - is it gone?

Still there and it's been repaired. It's over near an Cearnog bar.

Still there and it's been repaired. It's over near an Cearnog bar.

I must be going blind so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Anyone know of any place in town that restores old photographs?

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Anyone know of any place in town that restores old photographs?

I think Cleary's do...not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I think Cleary's do...not 100% sure.

Thanks, will try them

New coffee shop has opened in the old Streat unit in Manor.
    http://traleetoday.ie/new-cafe-manor-create-11-jobs/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

New coffee shop has opened in the old Streat unit in Manor.
    http://traleetoday.ie/new-cafe-manor-create-11-jobs/

Seems like a terrible location for a cafe, no natural footfall and I wouldn't really imagine people going out of there way to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

siblers wrote: »
    Seems like a terrible location for a cafe, no natural footfall and I wouldn't really imagine people going out of there way to use it.

Looks like they've done a really nice job on the interior and it says the son already runs a coffee shop in Cork, but agreed it's a poor location.

Will probably give it a go all the same, would like to see them make a success of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I had a coffee there today, it's a big improvement on the streat cafe that was there previously. The food looked pretty good too.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

siblers wrote: »

Plus they're in competition with McD's, Topaz and Apple Green for the passing coffee-to-go and pit-stop business.

Hope it goes well for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

I know a lot of people who used to go to the last coffee shop that was there. I don't think actual footfall as in people on foot is an issue, there are loads of cars passing there daily and that's where the people will come from, huge numbers really and parking available, people are very lazy these days! Somewhere you can drive to conveniently is probably better than passing walking traffic.

A good alternative to eating in shopping centre itself if it's any good, my only experience of the last one was it reminded me of airport food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Considering the cafe out in Ballyseedy garden centre gets zero pedestrians but is thronged with car based customers, it shows that if you provide a superior product, people will go out of their way to avail of it.

I never heard of this new cafe before but it seems their Cork location is very highly regarded according to the posts on it's FB page. If this can provide great food, service, value for money and make you want to return, then I don't think the location will be a problem. Good luck to them as the alternative cafe options in Manor are dreadful (Gloria Jeans prepackaged fare and the upstairs canteen cafe :eek:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

Myself and herself were in Manor today and said we'd check out "The Bookshelf" Coffee House. We ordered 1 Americano, 1 Hot Chocolate, and 2 slices of cheesecake. Must say the cheesecake was unreal. But we got a bit of a shock when I went up to pay and was charged €18.70. We wont be in a rush back!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

kingdomlad wrote:
    Myself and herself were in Manor today and said we'd check out "The Bookshelf" Coffee House. We ordered 1 Americano, 1 Hot Chocolate, and 2 slices of cheesecake. Must say the cheesecake was unreal. But we got a bit of a shock when I went up to pay and was charged €18.70. We wont be in a rush back!!!

Ah here, now that's a dose... Things are getting outta hand altogether. Them prices are REALLY gonna coax you back...

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

kingdomlad wrote: »
    Myself and herself were in Manor today and said we'd check out "The Bookshelf" Coffee House. We ordered 1 Americano, 1 Hot Chocolate, and 2 slices of cheesecake. Must say the cheesecake was unreal. But we got a bit of a shock when I went up to pay and was charged €18.70. We wont be in a rush back!!!:mad:

Any chance they made a mistake maybe? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Sounds about cafe/coffeeshop average. Approx 5eu each for cheesecake, 4eu each for drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

I would be questioning that bill if it was me, it might be right, but if it is it would be the last time I would be calling in there for a cup of coffee and a slice of cheese cake. €9.35 each, put another couple of euros with that and you would get a dinner

• Advertisement

But that's the price charged in coffee houses, you get the same type charge at Costa, if you don't agree with the prices, don't go, it's that simple

Advertisement