Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Crib in the square damaged again

Are there more degenerates per capita than usual or whats up

Perhaps they think that, in a multi-denominational society, where a majority of those professing to be Catholic do not attend religious services, a temporary religious icon of any sort is inappropriate?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

JonathonS wrote: »
    Perhaps they think that, in a multi-denominational society, where a majority of those professing to be Catholic do not attend religious services, a temporary religious icon of any sort is inappropriate?

Or maybe they're just scumbags with nothing better to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

kerryked wrote: »
    No matter how nonreligious you are, unless you totally ignore Christmas, ie, you dont give/receive presents, dont decorate your house, or wont be having a special family meal on Sunday, then fair enough if you feel there shouldnt be a crib in the Square, but anyone partaking in any/all of the above has no right to complain and the people causing this damage are scumbags pure and simple.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There's a new bakery opened in Rock street, 'A Sweet Tale Bakery'.
    https://www.facebook.com/A-Sweet-Tale-Bakery-661145487423673/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There's a new bakery opened in Rock street, 'A Sweet Tale Bakery'.
    https://www.facebook.com/A-Sweet-Tale-Bakery-661145487423673/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

They have big competition in Garveys, but I hope they can make a go of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

JonathonS wrote: »

No one has the right to damage any sort of property, even if it is against their religion etc. Its vandalism by stupid scumbags, plain & simple.

There needs to be more CCTV in the town, especially the square. Far too many incidents in that part of town, and not just in the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Crib in the square damaged again

Are there more degenerates per capita than usual or whats up

I seen a number of gurriers there yesterday running amok. I'd say 10-12 or 13 age bracket. Of course they know full well they are beyond the age of criminal responsibility so nothing can really be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Some well place CCTV cameras would indeed be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

There are loads of CCTV cameras in town. Are they all just not working?

Adiboo wrote: »
    There are loads of CCTV cameras in town. Are they all just not working?

I don't know if half of them are in use. Is there any in the Square though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

There is one at the Abbeycourt end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

There used to be several. Were they taken down?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

kerryked wrote: »

Those pesky Protestants up to no good as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

The_Mac wrote: »
    Those pesky Protestants up to no good as usual

Woah easy now!

Town was mental today. Garveys's car park and NCR both jammers.

Also was talking to someone who said they heard an ad on the radio for Garvey's. If you can't get parking in their car park (council car park adjacent to the shop) that you can park in the multi storey on Maine Street and they'll bring your shopping across for you and refund you the price of the parking ticket. Good customer service by them in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I was in Manor today. While car park was jammers, the shopping centre itself didn't seem that mad. Indeed walking around men's section of Debenhams, it felt very quiet! However I left by the Killerisk entrance and not exaggerating, the tailback went all the way back to the Aqua dome!!!!! Thank god I was going the other way which was fine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

That's because the manor west traffic layout is a joke. Whoever designed it should never get a job again and those responsible for it now need to seriously think about changing a few things.I quite easily and quickly got around Tesco,lifestyle,Harvey's,tk max and woodies today with minimal fuss once I was parked.It's the traffic layout that makes it look far busier than it ever is.

Firstly the centre parking aisle needs to be removed as cars reversing out into oncoming regular traffic is crazy and backups everything to the killerisk side.
    Secondly the t junction at the end of this road facing Halfords needs to be left turn only.The road down to carpet right,currys,Harvey Norman should be one way to complement this(drive towards currys,next,tk max only).
    The bridge entrance to the Smyths,Mothercare,Woodies side should be pedestrian only with the bottom entrance by woodies used by vehicles.
    They are some obvious changes,there are many more that could also help.

Forge83 wrote: »
    That's because the manor west traffic layout is a joke. Whoever designed it should never get a job again and those responsible for it now need to seriously think about changing a few things.I quite easily and quickly got around Tesco,lifestyle,Harvey's,tk max and woodies today with minimal fuss once I was parked.It's the traffic layout that makes it look far busier than it ever is.

Firstly the centre parking aisle needs to be removed as cars reversing out into oncoming regular traffic is crazy and backups everything to the killerisk side.
    Secondly the t junction at the end of this road facing Halfords needs to be left turn only.The road down to carpet right,currys,Harvey Norman should be one way to complement this(drive towards currys,next,tk max only).
    The bridge entrance to the Smyths,Mothercare,Woodies side should be pedestrian only with the bottom entrance by woodies used by vehicles.

So true. It's a disaster up there. Plus it's all too narrow. Badly in need of a total re-plan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

When there's an enterance opened up from Manor West to the ring road it will help a lot. Of course the roads inside Manor West will also need to be sorted to compensate for the extra traffic, you don't want congestion on the ring road because of the mess within Manor West and the fact that traffic can now come from a dual carriageway straight into Manor West with no traffic calming.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

marno21 wrote: »
    When there's an enterance opened up from Manor West to the ring road it will help a lot.
    When??? Is it planned?

sudaltsov wrote: »
    When??? Is it planned?

It has received planning permission anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It's a car park, not a highway. It needs to be designed to slow traffic down to a crawl to protect pedestrians. Unfortunately, plenty of arseholes still drive through it as if they're on a road rather than in a car park. That's why a poor woman was mown down there not so long ago.

Folk need to chill and also use their feet rather than expect to park outside the door of every shop they're visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I dont and would never park in that parking area of the centre parking aisle, Fully agree with you, there should be no parking there, it is so dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Have a good one folks

Free-Christmas-Pictures.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Well. Merry Christmas all. Haven't been down for Christmas in 4 years. I have to say the town looked great. The lights down by the grand hotel were class. It would have been a perfect break, but for 3 spins to south doc in 36 hours. Both kids had something and then herself had her tonsils at her. Getting them out on the 6th, I've been telling her for 10 years to have them removed.

Popped into Der O Sullivan on Saturday afternoon, I always go in and say hi when I'm down. I was in school with one of his son's. Said Benners is looking well, got a few lotto's and ran.

Went to Dingle yesterday to soak up a bit of the Wren. It was deadly, only to be topped by a few scoops of Murphy's ice-cream.

Back in July for the holidays.

Just wondering when you are meant to (or advised to) put a child's name down for schools in Tralee? Is it something that needs to be done very early on or a year or so before they start school? People telling me I should be doing it now, but he's not even 6 months yet, so seems mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Just wondering when you are meant to (or advised to) put a child's name down for schools in Tralee? Is it something that needs to be done very early on or a year or so before they start school? People telling me I should be doing it now, but he's not even 6 yet, so seems mad!

6??? I presume you mean months

Just wondering when you are meant to (or advised to) put a child's name down for schools in Tralee? Is it something that needs to be done very early on or a year or so before they start school? People telling me I should be doing it now, but he's not even 6 yet, so seems mad!
    Our young lad is starting next September and we have contacted the school a few times and they always say that there is no panic. I think the last we heard was to contact them around Easter time and they would put his name down.
    Thats a country school though and I guess Tralee would be busier. Still would think you have loads of time yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It will depend where you want to go! I'm in listowel and my 4.5 year old isn't registered yet for next Sept. Pre school places on the other hand are a nightmare. Ring the schools and preschools you are interested in and ask them if you definitely want them to go to a specific place. I have friends up the country who had to register there babies at a few weeks old and are still waiting to hear if they have places: madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I would deffo register the child for pre schools. With the 2 free years places are in demand.
    Remember Just because you put child's name down you are not compelled to send the child there.
    So put your name down fir any possible schools to keep your options open.

• Advertisement

6??? I presume you mean months

Yes!! Sorry!! 6 months!!

Advertisement