Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lisha wrote: »
    I would deffo register the child for pre schools. With the 2 free years places are in demand.
    Remember Just because you put child's name down you are not compelled to send the child there.
    So put your name down fir any possible schools to keep your options open.

Good to know, thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Yes!! Sorry!! 6 months!!

If you're on about primary schools, no need, CBS are always looking to take children and both moyderwell and presentation primary have open enrollment days about April for the following September...Plenty of places available.
    Preschool...St Brigid's in Hawley park give preference to anyone living or working in the area. Sunflowers crèche and the one in tennis village (name escapes me now, too sick to think) probably make enquiries 6-12 months beforehand I would guess

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

If you're on about primary schools, no need, CBS are always looking to take children and both moyderwell and presentation primary have open enrollment days about April for the following September...Plenty of places available.
    Preschool...St Brigid's in Hawley park give preference to anyone living or working in the area. Sunflowers crèche and the one in tennis village (name escapes me now, too sick to think) probably make enquiries 6-12 months beforehand I would guess

I haven't properly looked into creches etc yet (more priced them). I won't be going back to work full time for a while, but I do need to go look at a few places, and see how flexible they are as I won't be doing a full week. Must check out the one in Hawley park, as its very close to work.

The fact my baby is almost 6 months is unreal! I feel like the past few months are a blur! :eek:

There will be fireworks in Tralee tomorrow, new years eve at 7pm, and a countdown clock at midnight, both in Denny Street.

https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasSpraoiInTralee/photos/a.388104654601847.92485.386729174739395/1228975567181414/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Why have they blocked the road between bowling buddies/corcorans (old BTS) and Mr. Price/Pladium?

They have put up bollards on that small road linking the 2 parks. To get to the Playdium you now have to go via Soundstore, you can't go towards Pat McDonald's paints and onto Bowling Buddies and onto Playdium.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

bobdcow wrote: »
    Why have they blocked the road between bowling buddies/corcorans (old BTS) and Mr. Price/Pladium?

They have put up bollards on that small road linking the 2 parks. To get to the Playdium you now have to go via Soundstore, you can't go towards Pat McDonald's paints and onto Bowling Buddies and onto Playdium.

I saw that.. I reckon its only until they stock the new Corcorans gaff. Lots of artics reversing and a couple of rubber neckers coming in their way might not be a good idea..:)

I was looking for Slatterys travel btw- which I found ..

I saw an ad at the enterance to the coffee shop for a travel company, are they the likes of Sol, with a desk and someone to talk to?

I saw an ad at the enterance to the coffee shop for a travel company, are they the likes of Sol, with a desk and someone to talk to?

Its the same Slattery's travel that used to be in town. It was last in Edward st in the old Ducas building, but they went out of business. Same owner as before. I think you can go in and talk to them as before.

That will be nice if you can - I do prefer that method, I've no hassle on line for flights, but for a holiday I do like the chat, their expertise and more importantly - pay the deposit and then installments - Sol are great for that.

That will be nice if you can - I do prefer that method, I've no hassle on line for flights, but for a holiday I do like the chat, their expertise and more importantly - pay the deposit and then installments - Sol are great for that.

Yes same here. I would book a flight no problem online, but I don't like booking an actual holiday online. It too hard to know what a place is like, especially accommodation! Last time we booked a package holiday we used Travel Counsellors who are independent, but very helpful.

I think there is a new travel agency opened in Ivy Terrace too. I spotted them on facebook. Don't remember their name though.

• Advertisement

Yes same here. I would book a flight no problem online, but I don't like booking an actual holiday online. It too hard to know what a place is like, especially accommodation! Last time we booked a package holiday we used Travel Counsellors who are independent, but very helpful.

I think there is a new travel agency opened in Ivy Terrace too. I spotted them on facebook. Don't remember their name though.

I'm the opposite, I much prefer booking everything myself, find it easier and love trawling thru the hotels and getting the best deals....Last time I used a travel agent I was in Paris on a certain night a little over a year ago, not fun at all ,

I'm the opposite, I much prefer booking everything myself, find it easier and love trawling thru the hotels and getting the best deals....Last time I used a travel agent I was in Paris on a certain night a little over a year ago, not fun at all ,

Oh no were you there for that? I know another couple who were there that weekend too. Awful :(

Oh no were you there for that? I know another couple who were there that weekend too. Awful :(

Yeah, coming down the Eiffel tower when it kicked off....Didn't know what was happening... but saw all the sirens and lights going away from us, so we got on the metro and out quickly...

Yeah, coming down the Eiffel tower when it kicked off....Didn't know what was happening... but saw all the sirens and lights going away from us, so we got on the metro and out quickly...

Yikes, scary stuff!

Yikes, scary stuff!

To be honest, we didn't know what was happening, we were under the impression it was a bus crash or something, it was only as we were leaving the city the word got thru

The traffic lights at the Oakpark/Killeen road junction aren't working, so Be careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/crashed-car-found-with-empty-vodka-bottle-in-front-seat-1.2923650
    Gardaí in Tralee, Co Kerry, are appealing for information on a crash on New Year’s Eve near the village of Ardfert in which the allegedly drunk driver abandoned the vehicle.
    The driver who was the only person in the car had fled the scene, leaving an empty bottle of vodka in the driver’s side by the time gardaí from Tralee arrived shortly before 11 pm on Saturday night, they said.
    Witnesses at the scene told them the driver, a male, appeared highly intoxicated.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kn wrote: »

Might help if they actually provided full details of the car involved - model, colour and of course registration number.

Quackster wrote: »
    Might help if they actually provided full details of the car involved - model, colour and of course registration number.

Since they stated the registered owner wasn't driving it would be fairly pointless?

Since they stated the registered owner wasn't driving it would be fairly pointless?

They need to trace the movements of the vehicle to have any hope of catching this piece of scum. Reg number is essential as most folk probably wouldn't be able to identify the model and colour can be hard to judge at night.

• Advertisement

They need to trace the movements of the vehicle to have any hope of catching this piece of scum. Reg number is essential as most folk probably wouldn't be able to identify the model and colour can be hard to judge at night.

Well if you can't see a model or its colour, nobody is going to remember a reg plate are they ?

Well if you can't see a model or its colour, nobody is going to remember a reg plate are they?

Really? Sure let's not bother providing potentially useful information on the assumption it's of absolutely no use. :rolleyes:

Really? Sure let's not bother providing potentially useful information on the assumption it's of absolutely no use. :rolleyes:

Useful for what? Please do tell what use it could be... You've already stated that people can't see the colour or make....What chance have they of seeing a plate?
    Besides, that is of no help, it would identify the owners of the car, not the person driving...The car hit a wall...Single person in the car, that's what should be concentrated upon...Not a licence plate

Driver was not the registered owner but curiously no mention of it being stolen!

kn wrote: »
    Driver was not the registered owner but curiously no mention of it being stolen!

Friend or family member of owner probably.

Useful for what? Please do tell what use it could be... You've already stated that people can't see the colour or make....What chance have they of seeing a plate?
    Besides, that is of no help, it would identify the owners of the car, not the person driving...The car hit a wall...Single person in the car, that's what should be concentrated upon...Not a licence plate

What a weird attitude! The Gardai want information on the movements of this vehicle leading up to the incident. Therefore they should provide all available descriptive information of the vehicle to best assist members of the public in jogging their memories.

If you ever watch Crimecall, you'll know that reg numbers of any vehicles involved in any incidents are provided when they are known (even if stolen and/or on fake plates), in the hope that it might help someone remember something.

If I spotted a vehicle behaving unusually, the first thing I'd do is try and catch the reg number.

Friend or family member of owner probably.

I didn't want to say the obvious implication but to let it hang there for people to draw their own conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Hope he's caught . Locked up and the key thrown away . Having lost a school friend to a drunk driver I have absolutely no time for their excuses. Thankfully he hit a wall and not some poor soul .

Hope he's caught . Locked up and the key thrown away . Having lost a school friend to a drunk driver I have absolutely no time for their excuses. Thankfully he hit a wall and not some poor soul .

Agree! I have zero tolerance for anyone who drinks & drives. Pure and utter stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

What particularly annoys me is when I see people offering (in a 'go on, go on' Mrs Doyle fashion) alcohol to people that they know will be driving home.

Advertisement