Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

bizidea wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone here would know of any house or apartment to rent in or near Tralee will be working down there for the next ten to twelve weeks and finding it very hard to get accomodation

what about the student apartments in sean muilleann.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

sheesh wrote: »
    what about the student apartments in sean muilleann.

I suggested there too but they said they tried it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I suggested there's too but they said they tried it already.

Any chance they could use your spare bedroom? :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Any chance they could use your spare bedroom? :D

No chance! I don't even let my family stay in my house! 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

No chance! I don't even let my family stay in my house! 😂

Poor hubby out the back with the dogs?
    :D

• Advertisement

Poor hubby out the back with the dogs?
    :D

No dogs so he has plenty of room! 🤣:D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Would nearly consider someone's spare room at this stage or if someone was looking for a substitute hubby for a few weeks ye might even get some of the jobs done around the house that ye have been nagging the hubby to do the last few years done win win situation lol

Would nearly consider someone's spare room at this stage or if someone was looking for a substitute hubby for a few weeks ye might even get some of the jobs done around the house that ye have been nagging the hubby to do the last few years done win win situation lol

There's a group page on Facebook called 'Tralee do you know'. It might be worth joining it and ask on there. I've seen people looking for people to rent rooms etc. Worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ill a

PM if you still need accomodation with details

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Hi just wondering if anyone here would know of any house or apartment to rent in or near Tralee will be working down there for the next ten to twelve weeks and finding it very hard to get accomodation

Try Trident homes. They look after a few holiday homes, out past Aldi I think. We rented 5/6 houses off them in 2010 for my wedding.

• Advertisement

Yet another incident in the Square, in the middle of the day this time.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/gardai-appeal-witnesses-unprovoked-assault-tralee-town-centre/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Yet another incident in the Square, in the middle of the day this time.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/gardai-appeal-witnesses-unprovoked-assault-tralee-town-centre/

"Gardai say the incident was not captured on CCTV"

Is the CCTV room full up with Pizza boxes from New Yorkers?

"Gardai say the incident was not captured on CCTV"

Is the CCTV room full up with Pizza boxes from New Yorkers?

They say the same thing after every incident down there! There have been numerous incidents and vandalism there, yet there's never any CCTV! Then bloody get some cameras installed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

They say the same thing after every incident down there! There have been numerous incidents and vandalism there, yet there's never any CCTV! Then bloody get some cameras installed!!

Ya its hard to believe,the main square in a town has no CCTV cameras watching over it

Ya its hard to believe,the main square in a town has no CCTV cameras watching over it

Apparently it does have CCTV, but it isn't working! It beggars belief!:eek:

It looks like Tonys fish & chips has closed now also. Passed it a couple of tmes the last few days & no sign of it being open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

There is a camera there but I just bet they are turned off.

It looks like Tonys fish & chips has closed now also. Passed it a couple of tmes the last few days & no sign of it being open.

Yeah. Meant to post the same. I passed last Saturday lunchtime and it was closed. That didn't last long. But of course there was the competition across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Small sign in the window stating that they are moving premises. Lovely chips from there!

Adiboo wrote: »
    Small sign in the window stating that they are moving premises. Lovely chips from there!

Ah that good. I heard they are good, never got the chance to try them out. Wonder where they are moving to.

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    There is a camera there but I just bet they are turned off.

Spotted a big camera today, just on the soon to be Horans healthfoods unit. Wonder why it's not working & why it's not being repaired!?

Spotted a big camera today, just on the soon to be Horans healthfoods unit. Wonder why it's not working & why it's not being repaired!?

And with incidents on the Square featuring so regularly in the local meeja you'd think they would have cottoned on it by now. PS why is the Square such a hot spot for assaults etc? It would on the face of it appear to be the least likely place for anyone to get up to anything with the volumes flowing through.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

kn wrote: »
    And with incidents on the Square featuring so regularly in the local meeja you'd think they would have cottoned on it by now. PS why is the Square such a hot spot for assaults etc? It would on the face of it appear to be the least likely place for anyone to get up to anything with the volumes flowing through.

Because it's easy to attack someone and escape through multiple different routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

The_Mac wrote: »
    Because it's easy to attack someone and escape through multiple different routes.

These degenerates also just don't care.

You've just seen them attack someone. They don't care.

You looked them square in the eye. They don't care.

Caught on CCTV? Don't care.

Going to report them to the guards? Don't care.

It's not the square or lack of CCTV that's the problem, it's the social issues that need to be addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

kerryked wrote: »
    These degenerates also just don't care.

You've just seen them attack someone. They don't care.

You looked them square in the eye. They don't care.

Caught on CCTV? Don't care.

Going to report them to the guards? Don't care.

It's not the square or lack of CCTV that's the problem, it's the social issues that need to be addressed.

Don't worry building a skatepark will solve all these problems lol

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

The_Mac wrote: »
    Don't worry building a skatepark will solve all these problems lol

You're a genius! :rolleyes: :P

Apparently council will introduce free parking on Fridays from 4pm! Wow, aren't they generous! Everyone knows there aren't even ticket wardens around town after that time anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Apparently council will introduce free parking on Fridays from 4pm! Wow, aren't they generous! Everyone knows there aren't even ticket wardens around town after that time anyway!

What a pathetic effort!

What a pathetic effort!

It's not even worth calling an effort! They are so anti business in this town!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It's not even worth calling an effort! They are so anti business in this town!!

In fairness, the council is heavily constrained by the (lack of) resources available to it. In any case, I don't think large-scale town-centre free parking is a viable way forward and it wouldn't make sense anyway taking such a decision a few weeks before the opening of a significant new car park on Edward St.

Advertisement