Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

BPKS wrote: »
    When, what game? Only reason I remember a game being changed to Killarney was cos of the pitch is ASP.

It's live on Eir sport. They don't have rights to Sunday games so it CANT be changed to Sunday.

Not to mention all the folk who've already booked trains, accommodation etc. It would be a complete non-runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Contract signed for €1.7 million Tralee Town Centre works

A contract has been signed for the €1.7 million Tralee Town Centre improvement works.

Kildare based contractor John Craddock Ltd has been appointed to carry out the developments, which are expected to be completed by November.

These works will see Denny Street converted to a two-way traffic system, and a shared space created on the Mall.

The Tralee Town Centre improvement works are part of the Active Travel Town initiative and are funded by the Department of Transport and Kerry County Council.

John Craddock Ltd, a Kildare based contractor, has signed the contract worth €1.7 million; his company previously completed the improvements to the Town Square.

He said the aim of his staff will be to complete the works to the highest standard, and to work with the town centre businesses to keep Tralee open for business.

The works will start in the coming days, are expected to finish in November.

The main changes will be the conversion of Denny Street to two-way traffic, and the introduction of a more pedestrian-friendly shared space on the Mall from the Carraig Donn entrance into the Square as far as the junction of the Mall and Denny Street.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/contract-signed-e1-7-million-tralee-town-centre-works/

Hopefully they don't make it until an ice rink like they've done to the square

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Contract signed for €1.7 million Tralee Town Centre works

A contract has been signed for the €1.7 million Tralee Town Centre improvement works.

Kildare based contractor John Craddock Ltd has been appointed to carry out the developments, which are expected to be completed by November.

These works will see Denny Street converted to a two-way traffic system, and a shared space created on the Mall.

The Tralee Town Centre improvement works are part of the Active Travel Town initiative and are funded by the Department of Transport and Kerry County Council.

John Craddock Ltd, a Kildare based contractor, has signed the contract worth €1.7 million; his company previously completed the improvements to the Town Square.

He said the aim of his staff will be to complete the works to the highest standard, and to work with the town centre businesses to keep Tralee open for business.

The works will start in the coming days, are expected to finish in November.

The main changes will be the conversion of Denny Street to two-way traffic, and the introduction of a more pedestrian-friendly shared space on the Mall from the Carraig Donn entrance into the Square as far as the junction of the Mall and Denny Street.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/contract-signed-e1-7-million-tralee-town-centre-works/

Can the plans for the redevelopment be found anywhere?

Do they include upgrades to the footpath on Bridge Street, along by GameStop and Jasmine? Would also like to see if that pedestrian island between Heatons and Denny Street is going to be taken away?

I see they've already started work over the last few weeks installing poles for traffic lights/ beacons around the mall.

Was pleased to see Tesco virtually deserted when I popped into Manor earlier. Hopefully the powers that be in Tesco HQ see sense and don't allow it to drag on. Would not like to see other retailers in Manor suffer collateral damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

BPKS wrote: »
    When, what game? Only reason I remember a game being changed to Killarney was cos of the pitch is ASP.

It's live on Eir sport. They don't have rights to Sunday games so it CANT be changed to Sunday.

The reason given two years ago was that the lights in ASP werent up to scratch so it was moved to Killarney,which to be fair they werent,they were brutal

Must have been something wrong with the daylight in ASP as well as they couldnt play in the afternoon there either

I think all games should be on in Tralee anyway,away better atmosphere for league matches.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Apparently the Kerry v Dublin match next month is already a sell out!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Do you see where Joe O'Connor has some of his stock of cars in the old Brian Sheehy garage in Moyderwell.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bobdcow wrote: »
    Do you see where Joe O'Connor has some of his stock of cars in the old Brian Sheehy garage in Moyderwell.

Spotted that. Good to see that yard in use again! I remember when Brian Sheehy car sales was there, I even bought my first car off him! :)

The council have said the road works in town will definitely stop during the festival, but a decision is to be made on whether they will continue it throughout the summer, as there is fear of it being a huge disruption during the tourist season.
    Work on Denny street begins is Monday!
    http://traleetoday.ie/decision-town-centre-work-continuing-summer-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The council have said the road works in town will definitely stop during the festival, but a decision is to be made on whether they will continue it throughout the summer, as there is fear of it being a huge disruption during the tourist season.
    Work on Denny street begins is Monday!
    http://traleetoday.ie/decision-town-centre-work-continuing-summer-review/

Hmm seems strange..

They've given a commitment to have all work finished by November..but they still don't know if they're going to take a break for 2 months between now and then..

• Advertisement

This talk show is on in Benners tonight. Apparently it will be every three months.
    http://traleetoday.ie/great-guests-lined-free-talkshow-event-benners/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    This talk show is on in Benners tonight. Apparently it will be every three months.
    http://traleetoday.ie/great-guests-lined-free-talkshow-event-benners/

I went along. An 'intimate' crowd of circa 50 maybe. But brilliant. Daragh O'Malley certainly stole the show with his tales of Paddy Kavanagh, Withnail and I, Sharpe and Marlon Brando plus his plans for the old Goblin factory up in Clash. Bernard Casey was also really good. For those of you who might have half thought of going but gave it a miss all I can say is that you missed a really good couple of hours of free entertainment in Tralee that is unlikely to be repeated. A shout out to the interviewer on the night who was really informed and certainly did his research, sorry but I do not know who he was. Next event planned for May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was in Tralee last weekend and remembered that the GAA stadium was to be redeveloped years ago....What happened? Will it be done?

Nice to see it's not Healy Rae doing the development work in town:)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

kn wrote: »
    I went along. An 'intimate' crowd of circa 50 maybe. But brilliant. Daragh O'Malley certainly stole the show with his tales of Paddy Kavanagh, Withnail and I, Sharpe and Marlon Brando plus his plans for the old Goblin factory up in Clash. Bernard Casey was also really good. For those of you who might have half thought of going but gave it a miss all I can say is that you missed a really good couple of hours of free entertainment in Tralee that is unlikely to be repeated. A shout out to the interviewer on the night who was really informed and certainly did his research, sorry but I do not know who he was. Next event planned for May.
    What are the plans for Goblin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Wang Kerr

There are none, he was on about the movie extras vision for goblin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

kerryked wrote: »
    Hmm seems strange..

They've given a commitment to have all work finished by November..but they still don't know if they're going to take a break for 2 months between now and then..
    I was in Brandon car park during week, they are in there making a nice job of it, filling all the bad surfaces, It is my guess they will fix all the parks and any very bad surfaces before Rose of Tralee so that the show can go on, cannot see them interrupting the biggest event of the yr for Tralee

Wang Kerr wrote: »
    There are none, he was on about the movie extras vision for goblin

Details of a hugely ambitious plan to build one of Europe's largest film studios in Tralee have been unveiled.

Kerry Film Studios - a firm set up last August and based at the Tom Crean Centre in Kerry Technology Park - say they hope to build a massive 'Production Village" in a vacant factory in Tralee's Clash Industrial Estate.
    The Kerry Production Village would include three sound stages with the largest - already dubbed The Chuculainn Stage - measuring over 41,000 square feet with a 41ft ceiling.

That would be two thirds the size of the 007 Stage at Pinewood Studios in Britain, which is currently the largest indoor sound stage in the world.
    The Production Village at Kerry Studios Ireland would also boast a production offices and workshops; design, technical and digital services; a project incubation space and a hub for entrepreneurs in the entertainment industry.

The plan is the brainchild of experienced Irish actor and producer Daragh O'Malley and his wife Gabrielle O'Malley who jointly set up Kerry Film Studios.
    Though Mr O'Malley is from Dublin he has strong links to Kerry as his mother hails from Dingle. He is also founder of Sharpe's Children Foundation which was named world charity of the year by IP Magazine in 2012.

In terms of its potential scale the Production Village plan is reminiscent of the Global Pharmaceutical Centre of Excellence proposed in Tralee in 2010.
    Kerry Film Studios said that having inspected 12 potential sites in the county, it identified a 14 acre site at Tralee's Clash Industrial Estate as the most ideal location.

Though the details of any financial backers - or the cost of the project - have not been revealed, Kerry Film Studios said it has engaged with Kerry County Council; IT Tralee; Enterprise Ireland; Grant Thornton Accountants; Malachy Walsh Engineers and the European Regional Development Fund.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/can-tralee-be-irelands-hollywood-35339416.html

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Can anybody tell me if Counihans shop still do Bereau de change?

Putting in a film and sound studio.

In terms of its potential scale the Production Village plan is reminiscent of the Global Pharmaceutical Centre of Excellence proposed in Tralee in 2010.

And this is why I'm treating the whole thing with a hefty pinch of cynicism until I see some serious money on the table.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    And this is why I'm treating the whole thing with a hefty pinch of cynicism until I see some serious money on the table.

Indeed, it's nothing but pie in the sky rubbish.
    Nobody has indicated even a modicum of interest in this idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Last rumour I heard was that Boyles were putting a new hardware superstore in there!

Last rumour I heard was that Boyles were putting a new hardware superstore in there!

Will they have a movie section there...Or at least a TV studio... ala Tim "The Toolman" Taylor in Home Improvements ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Costa Coffee to open a second outlet in Tralee at Manor West SC in a new unit to be built next to Carpetright. Planning permission for the cafe has been submitted to the council with a decision due in April.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Costa Coffee to open a second outlet in Tralee at Manor West SC in a new unit to be built next to Carpetright. Planning permission for the cafe has been submitted to the council with a decision due in April.

Gloria Jeans are going to love that

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Anyone know anywhere in town selling the amazon fire tv sticks?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

murdig wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere in town selling the amazon fire tv sticks?

Just buy them online. It's €50 delivered through parcel motel.

Best thing you'll ever get.

A good android box would be a better buy and are can easily customise a build for yourself

Search for Ballybunion man missing for six months has proven unsuccessful today

William-Mulvihill-1-1.jpg

A search for a Ballybunion man who has been missing for six months has proven unsuccessful today.

Willie Mulvihill, was last seen in the Tralee bypass area on the night of Monday the 22nd of August 2016.

A search took place today which included members of Tralee and Ballybunion Gardai, Ballybunion Sea and Cliff Rescue and members of the Glenderry Coast Guard, as well as locals from Ballybunion town.

Mr Mulvihill remains missing and Sergeant Mick McCarthy of Ballybunion garda station is appealing to farmers to once again check their lands and if anyone has information to contact Ballybunion or Tralee Garda stations.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/search-ballybunion-man-missing-six-months-proven-unsuccessful-today/

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »

Wow. The Town really needed another coffee shop......

Advertisement