Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    If the weather is wet it's a waste of time and money putting grit on the roads. The first shower of rain and all the salt is washed away again.

I originally asked the question because I thought they meant the road was white with frost...not hailstones. I know that it would be washed away with rain, thanks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I read a few mega threads here on boards.ie . Does any know how to configure boards such that the latest page displays first? Is there a better place to post this question?

For instance when you click on the Killarney thread you land on the first page written in 2008 and a post with a severe case of " Tralee envy".

Don't know the answer to that, sorry. Maybe contact boards directly to see if they know in tech support? Here's their contact page http://www.boards.ie/contact

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Zefff

Any photographers (or anyone) know where one could buy a tripod (for a DSLR)?

Zefff wrote: »
    Any photographers (or anyone) know where one could buy a tripod (for a DSLR)?

Try Curry's or Harvey Norman's up in Manor, they do cameras etc. You could try Cleary's photography in town and maybe try the CEX shop or Cash Encounters in town, they sometimes have camera's & equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I read a few mega threads here on boards.ie . Does any know how to configure boards such that the latest page displays first? Is there a better place to post this question?

For instance when you click on the Killarney thread you land on the first page written in 2008 and a post with a severe case of " Tralee envy".

I use the downward facing arrow..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Try Curry's or Harvey Norman's up in Manor, they do cameras etc. You could try Cleary's photography in town and maybe try the CEX shop or Cash Encounters in town, they sometimes have camera's & equipment.

Also Argos.

Quackster wrote: »
    Also Argos.

Thanks all. I ended picking an inexpensive one up at Hugh Culloty's.

The one place we forgot to mention! That's great, glad you found one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

What camera are you using?

• Advertisement

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    What camera are you using?

It's just a D3200, but I try my best! Are you a photographer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

It's just a D3200, but I try my best! Are you a photographer?

EOS-450 but its all for my own enjoyment, friend of mine bought a Hassleblad for $25k....i nearly fainted :)

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    EOS-450 but its all for my own enjoyment, friend of mine bought a Hassleblad for $25k....i nearly fainted :)

HOLY!

In my search for a tripod I saw one for €1.6k. A tripod. Three legs that you can put your camera on. Must have come with a pretty nice case!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

I see the route for the marathon has changed back to the original, wonder why this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The YOPPA

g1983d, the Council refused to grant road closures for the new route, but they obviously don't mind the disruption on the road from Tralee to Ardfert!! Seems a bit odd, I'd love to hear their reasoning behind the decision.

Did anyone go to the Katie Taylor fight in the Brandon last night? I heard it was a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

The YOPPA wrote: »
    g1983d, the Council refused to grant road closures for the new route, but they obviously don't mind the disruption on the road from Tralee to Ardfert!! Seems a bit odd, I'd love to hear their reasoning behind the decision.

I did the half in 2013 and remember traffic being on the route

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

HOLY!

In my search for a tripod I saw one for €1.6k. A tripod. Three legs that you can put your camera on. Must have come with a pretty nice case!

It's easy to justify 1.6k on a tripod when it's responsible for keeping 15k worth of equipment from crashing to the ground :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I see that the former William Hill bookies on Castle St looks as if it is being fitted out as a new SVdeP charity retail outlet. Christ but that part of Town is going downhill fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I personally prefer a charity shop over a bookies any day. I find that modern day charity shops are bright, welcoming places that sell all sorts of interesting things and you'd see customers from all wage brackets visiting them. They are no longer dingy, musty places that cater only for those on the breadline. The Enable and Oxfam shops in Abbeycourt are both good examples.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    I personally prefer a charity shop over a bookies any day. I find that modern day charity shops are bright, welcoming places that sell all sorts of interesting things and you'd see customers from all wage brackets visiting them. They are no longer dingy, musty places that cater only for those on the breadline. The Enable and Oxfam shops in Abbeycourt are both good examples.

I agree, I don't see how a Charity shop brings down the tone of the street. I personally look in those shops from time to time, you can find some lovely stuff and at fantastic prices!

And its great to see an empty unit being filled!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

On a separate note, I see that Boyle Bros are looking to connect the Manor West Retail Park with a new link road from the Tralee bypass at the Killarney(N22)road roundabout. As well as to enable Killarney/N22 traffic to access the Retail Park directly without going via Rathass or Killerisk, the new road also proposes to facilitate access to an extension of the Retail Park with new shops and offices behind Woodies/TK Maxx in the years to come. The application is under review with the council currently. Details attached

http://docstore.kerrycoco.ie/planningfiles/151173.PDF

Good to see some positive developments in the pipeline!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I agree, I don't see how a Charity shop brings down the tone of the street. I personally look in those shops from time to time, you can find some lovely stuff and at fantastic prices!

And its great to see an empty unit being filled!

Exactly. And I personally find bookies absolutely vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

If you drive through Willam Street in Listowel, the foot traffic from one side of the street to the other is like a chicken run with the pubs on one side and Bookies on the other. There's a rumour going round that they're thinking of building a pedestrian bridge over it.:P

On a separate note, I see that Boyle Bros are looking to connect the Manor West Retail Park with a new link road from the Tralee bypass at the Killarney(N22)road roundabout. As well as to enable Killarney/N22 traffic to access the Retail Park directly without going via Rathass or Killerisk, the new road also proposes to facilitate access to an extension of the Retail Park with new shops and offices behind Woodies/TK Maxx in the years to come. The application is under review with the council currently. Details attached

This has been in the pipeline since the bypass was constructed but I imagine the economic environment kept it on the long-finger. I guess having sold the portion of Manor West Retail Park they still owned for €59 million last summer, Boyle Bros have paid down their debts and are now in a position to develop the rest of their lands in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Ah they're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭siblers

This has been asked before but where in Tralee repairs phones?

siblers wrote: »
    This has been asked before but where in Tralee repairs phones?

There's a good few places in town now. BMobile just off the Square, Phone Depot opposite the Daily Grind, there's a place up Barrack Lane but I am unsure of the name. There's another place in Castle street in the Asian supermarket just opposite the road to Moyderwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Nice one, my phone actually managed to sort itself out but handy to know of them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Have spoken of this since the bypass opened-amazing such an access wasnt considered during the road construction-very positive development and will reduce traffic congestion around Killerisk and KCC AREA

Advertisement