Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Just BTW but I was watching Pat Kenny and the Union guy says that if BE go on all out strike then the trains at shared locations won't be running either as the Rail workers will not pass the picket line ergo no Tralee train either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Aren't unions great?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The traffic lights on the new pedestrian crossing at castle street/Denny st were on today. The original pedestrian crossing is still there, but the crossing lines seem to have attempted to be removed, but you can still see them so it's causing a lot of confusion! I'm sure the middle crossing will be removed fairly soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The traffic lights on the new pedestrian crossing at castle street/Denny st were on today. The original pedestrian crossing is still there, but the crossing lines seem to have attempted to be removed, but you can still see them so it's causing a lot of confusion! I'm sure the middle crossing will be removed fairly soon though.

Heard something about this on the radio today,caused a bit of confusion alright id say

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

Drove through it yesterday. Pedestrian crossing from AIB to empty unit that used to be a sweet shop was mostly red. Saw people just passing on the footpath pressing the button for the "craic". Once I eventually got through that then had loads of pedestrians using existing crossing. Once they were clear I went to drive then all of a sudden the light just after it goes red (the pedestrian lights from AIB to Costa). By the time they went green had pedestrians on crossing in front of me again. Couldn't go. It's a complete disaster down there at moment. Avoid if possible.

• Advertisement

The new Lidl is very very nice inside. It's worlds away from their existing shop in terms of look and feel.

The new Lidl is very very nice inside. It's worlds away from their existing shop in terms of look and feel.

Heard that as well,pick up any of the deals?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I popped into Lidl briefly yesterday evening and noticed none of their street lighting in the carpark are working & it was in would want to sort that out! Apparently the carpark was so full during day that people had to use Slatts carpark! It's nice inside alright. Not somewhere I usually shop though.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I popped into Lidl briefly yesterday evening and noticed none of their street lighting in the carpark are working & it was in would want to sort that out! Apparently the carpark was so full during day that people had to use Slatts carpark! It's nice inside alright. Not somewhere I usually shop though.

I'd get a few things in Lidl but wouldn't do my main shop there. The 1/3 off fruit & veg with the key-fob next week might be useful though.

Good job the strike at Tesco Manor is over cos that's where I'll be using my Lidl vouchers over the next few weeks! :D

I noticed parking is restricted to ninety minutes which is sensible. I hope they have someone managing that though, like NCR Dunnes, to prevent people taking the piss.

I see Brian de staic in manor has a relocation sale on. I wonder are they moving into town centre?

• Advertisement

I see Brian de staic in manor has a relocation sale on. I wonder are they moving into town centre?

Not sure. I know that unit is up for sale & he wanted to get out of manor.

Not sure. I know that unit is up for sale & he wanted to get out of manor.

And Paco is moving in in its place?

Quackster wrote: »
    And Paco is moving in in its place?

DOnt know? wouldn't have thought so seeing as they left Manor & moved to town a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The pedestrian lolliopop lights have been cut away from the island at the top of Denny Street today.

bobdcow wrote: »
    The pedestrian lolliopop lights have been cut away from the island at the top of Denny Street today.

I doubt it will stop people still using it & thinking it's a crossing! I'm sure they will remove the island soon though which should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Really impressive and spacious and unlike Aldi they don't treat you at the entrance as some 'likely criminal' by forcing you through there tills if you decide not to buy anything.

BTW Aldi down the road are doing half price on all fruit and veg - they are clearly killing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

kn wrote: »
    Really impressive and spacious and unlike Aldi they don't treat you at the entrance as some 'likely criminal' by forcing you through there tills if you decide not to buy anything.

BTW Aldi down the road are doing half price on all fruit and veg - they are clearly killing them.

All Aldi stores are doing the half price fruit and veg, Aldi don't do individual sales for certain stores

So apparently the mature trees along the Mall are to all be removed! Not a very popular decision by the looks of it!

http://traleetoday.ie/trees-mall-cut-tomorrow/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

So apparently the mature trees along the Mall are to all be removed! Not a very popular decision by the looks of it!

http://traleetoday.ie/trees-mall-cut-tomorrow/

I'd be in agreement tbh, the amount of bird droppings at the tree by Quinlan's looks awful and the seating is always constantly covered also .

Erik Shin wrote: »
    I'd be in agreement tbh, the amount of bird droppings at the tree by Quinlan's looks awful and the seating is always constantly covered also .

Not really a reason to cut them down! Its only a seat that is affected, hardly a big deal & I'm sure its cleaned regularly! There are meant to be lots of lovely birds in those trees during the summer. They are 20 year old trees, its disgraceful!

• Advertisement

Not really a reason to cut them down! Its only a seat that is affected, hardly a big deal & I'm sure its cleaned regularly! There are meant to be lots of lovely birds in those trees during the summer. They are 20 year old trees, its disgraceful!

If you look at the whole street on that side it's covered in droppings and it's very unattractive and probably a health hazard, O'Connell Street in Dublin removed their centre space trees about 8 years ago due to similar concerns I think.
    They add nothing to the area imo and a dirty shït lined street does nothing for the centre of towns image..Well..Not positively anyway...But again, just my opinion

There was a big conversation on here last week about old shops,well another shop can be added to that list today

http://traleetoday.ie/shop-next-bon-secours-closes-doors-45-years/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

There was a big conversation on here last week about old shops,well another shop can be added to that list today

http://traleetoday.ie/shop-next-bon-secours-closes-doors-45-years/

Wow, truly the end of an era!! I remember buying sweets there as a child as far back as the 1970s and nervously buying the Irish Independent from Dominic on the day the CAO results were printed to see if I got a college place. No internet back then! I didn't know Dominic had passed away. RIP. Funny, even though we knew it was Walsh and O'Briens that ran it, most people always called it Mayes shop even though it changed hands before most of our generation were born. I hadn't been there in a good few years but I liked the way it hadn't changed a bit with the times and seemed to be stuck in a nostalgic time warp.

bobdcow wrote: »

The island was gone today when I was in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cluelessoz

Is there any shop in Tralee town that sells HTC phone chargers?

cluelessoz wrote: »

All proper mobiles (ie. not Apples!) take the same type of charger, either micro USB or USB type C for the newer models. You don't need a charger that's the same brand as your phone.

Only significant difference is the charging capacity. Best to get one with a decent charging capacity, say 2A.

Think I saw them in the new Lidl by the checkouts. Tesco is also worth trying. Or Mr Price. I'd try to avoid the mobile & electrical stores as they'll fleece you.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

cluelessoz wrote: »

That phone shop across from Walsh Bros shoes? Phone Depot I think it's called? Or else b-mobile, just around the corner from the Square, across from Yummy café.

Not too sure, but I would guess HTC just use a standard micro-USB charger, almost all Android phones would use this type so they're fairly common. Could be wrong on that though, I've never had a HTC phone.

If it does take a generic micro-USB charger, and you're looking for a cheap one to get you out of bother the 2 euro shops do them, but they aren't great at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

So Tralee now has 2 Dunnes, 2 Tesco's, 2 Lidl and 2 Aldi. Can any other town of a similar size boast such an array?

Radio5 wrote: »
    So Tralee now has 2 Dunnes, 2 Tesco's, 2 Lidl and 2 Aldi. Can any other town of a similar size boast such an array?

Ah, but how many Marks & Sparks have we got?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Radio5 wrote: »

and a supervalu

Advertisement