Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Radio5 wrote: »
    The new Lidl is very very nice inside. It's worlds away from their existing shop in terms of look and feel.

So Tralee now has 2 Dunnes, 2 Tesco's, 2 Lidl and 2 Aldi. Can any other town of a similar size boast such an array?

10 chain supermarkets in total

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

With all these supermarkets,A certain local councillor will be pushing for city status again lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

New Tile,Wood Floor & Bathroom Superstore coming to Manor

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Don't forget Iceland either! I'm very impressed with the new Lidl both inside and out. The way McCowans lane has been opened out is great as is the pedestrian access from Sullivan's lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Ah, but how many Marks & Sparks have we got?!
    Now, now. There was no need to mention 'the war'! :)

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    Now, now. There was no need to mention 'the war'! :)

Liebherr will be moving to Tralee next

Well moving the parts of a crane through it on its way to Fenit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Prop Joe wrote: »
    New Tile,Wood Floor & Bathroom Superstore coming to Manor

Who are they, they going over near Corcorans or into Manor west?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The island was gone today when I was in town!

To be honest, I always felt many pedestrians crossing between AIB and Costa never bothered doing the zig zag walk from footpath to island to footpath on the official zebra crossing so motorists had to yield once at the zebra crossing and then yield again 2 meters later to the above pedestrians so this new system should have some merit.

On a separate note, while many on FB are going mad over the removed trees in the Mall, some are saying the street looks better or less cluttered looking without them. The pictures on traleetoday do make the street look somewhat neater and the attractive buildings stand out more (eg the Elverys redbrick building).

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

siblers wrote: »
    All Aldi stores are doing the half price fruit and veg, Aldi don't do individual sales for certain stores

To be absolutely clear, the only Aldi store doing ALL fruit & veg half-price until Sunday is the JJ Sheehy Rd Aldi.

Can't go wrong with 1kg bags of carrots for 24c! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Where is the new lidl? What's it beside? (I don't know Street names)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Where is the new lidl? What's it beside? (I don't know Street names)

Across from the main post office...Where McCowens old coal years used to be... Penney's were there for a year while their new store was being built

Good news for all the nation's gambling addicts:

Saturday morning racing at the dog track starts tomorrow at 9.11am!

Quackster wrote: »
    Good news for all the nation's gambling addicts:

Saturday morning racing at the dog track starts tomorrow at 9.11am!

Read about that a few weeks ago,will they be serving breakfast :D

A new element will be introduced in Irish greyhound racing this weekend with the first ever Saturday morning fixture to be run at Tralee Track.

This is a result of the extension of the current SIS agreement with the IGB whereas three race meetings per week, at Youghal, Tralee and Mullingar have been shown live in UK and Irish betting shops.
    The new Saturday morning fixture will be staged with a 9.11am starting time at Tralee and it will comprise of eight races.
    STATEMENT
    The statement issued by IGB and SIS reads:
    SIS, a trusted partner to the retail and online betting markets, and the Irish Greyhound Board have announced an additional fixture to be broadcast during Saturday mornings from Tralee greyhound stadium.
    The new fixture will be available to UK and Irish betting shops, and online operators as part of SIS’s exclusive streaming portfolio.
    Commencing on March 4th 2017, the meeting will consist of eight races with the first starting at 9.11am. Later races will dovetail the SIS existing retail shop greyhound coverage from Crayford and Romford.
    SIS already own exclusive rights to broadcast three fixtures in Ireland, with current offerings from Youghal on Monday evenings, Mullingar on Sunday afternoons and a second fixture at Tralee on Tuesday evenings.
    Paul Witten, Commercial Director at SIS said: “We have added a second fixture from Tralee to our retail and online programs, following customer demand for greater coverage at suitable times and we see the Saturday morning slot as one of those times.
    “SIS endeavour to offer premium content and streaming provision across all bookmaker channels and the new deal will complement this, thanks to the help of the IGB.
    Joe Lewins at IGB said: “this gives us a further opportunity to showcase our racing product to the SIS audience and to build on the success of the three meetings currently being broadcast throughout Ireland and the UK”.
    The extra meeting will add to SIS’ exclusive coverage across the UK and Ireland including horse racing and greyhounds, all facilitated by their market leading low latency streaming platform, SIS Stream.
    SIS’ greyhound offering currently includes 30,000 races a year, making it the most comprehensive in the market

http://www.igb.ie/talking-dogs/tralee-saturday-morning-meeting-on-sis/

This is what I was trying to post ...This is where the traffic warden would earn his keep

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

This is what I was trying to post ...This is where the traffic warden would earn his keep

My husband said there was a car parked in that yellow box yesterday evening and a bus couldn't get around onto Denny Street. The gardai were there trying to figure out who owned it. Cars were backed up & beeping due to one ignoramus who couldn't be bothered to park somewhere other than in a yellow box! I've seen that happen so many times. Hopefully gardai gave the fool a parking fine!

The back door looks like its got a good kicking......you wouldn't know anything about that would you Erik? :D

kn wrote: »
    The back door looks like its got a good kicking......you wouldn't know anything about that would you Erik? :D

Nope, she was sat doing her makeup in the mirror, wouldn't waste my shoe leather :)

Half-price fruit & veg at JJ Sheehy Road Aldi has been extended for another week.

It's certainly drawing the crowds in, despite the new Lidl across the road (which unsurprisingly is also rather busy).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

Today was my first time driving through town since they cut down the trees along the mall. I have to say It's much brighter. driving down from castle street it looks bigger now. I think it's better. Hopefully the trees they plant there when it's updated won't be as big.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Today was my first time driving through town since they cut down the trees along the mall. I have to say It's much brighter. driving down from castle street it looks bigger now. I think it's better. Hopefully the trees they plant there when it's updated won't be as big.

They took 20 years to grow to that height!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

They were there a long time. To be honest I knew they were there but I never saw them, if you know what I mean. The new smaller ones might be more noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Are all the tickets for Kerry-Dublin (March 18) sold? Any way to get a couple (even higher than nominal price)?

sudaltsov wrote: »
    Are all the tickets for Kerry-Dublin (March 18) sold? Any way to get a couple (even higher than nominal price)?

The match sold out a few weeks ago!

Pretty good review of what its like at the complex for a Warriors game,

http://ballineurope.com/tralee-warriors-basketball-5500/

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Does anyone know if the major supermarkets - Dunnes, Lidl etc. - are open on St.Patrick's Day?

Does anyone know if the major supermarkets - Dunnes, Lidl etc. - are open on St.Patrick's Day?

Yes they are all open.

The pedestrian lights issue in town will be sorted out tomorrow! Only took them a week to figure out they were causing traffic jams!

http://traleetoday.ie/traffic-lights-issue-town-centre-improve-coming-days/

The pedestrian lights issue in town will be sorted out tomorrow! Only took them a week to figure out they were causing traffic jams!

It's drivers breaking the red light coming around the corner at the AIB and thinking it's ok, next time I'm crossing and somebody does it, they are getting a kick in.thw passenger door :D

The current setup is only temporary. The lights can't be properly configured until Denny St reverts to two-way traffic.

• Advertisement

It's drivers breaking the red light coming around the corner at the AIB and thinking it's ok, next time I'm crossing and somebody does it, they are getting a kick in.thw passenger door :D

Liar. I knew it was you!! :)

Advertisement