Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Golfing chain McGuirks opening a store in Manor West Retail Park. I wonder is that in the former car showrooms or one of the newer units near Mr. Price?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    Golfing chain McGuirks opening a store in Manor West Retail Park. I wonder is that in the former car showrooms or one of the newer units near Mr. Price?

I think its beside Flair near Pat McDonald paints. There's a new unit there which seemed to have been added recently.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I think its beside Flair near Pat McDonald paints. There's a new unit there which seemed to have been added recently.

Possibly this: http://www.daft.ie/kerry/commercial-property-for-rent/retail-units-for-rent/manor-west-retail-leisure-park-tralee-tralee-kerry-369286/

Hopefully they'll throw up the missing unit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What a start for Dingles Jack Kennedy at Cheltenham only 17 years of age and comes home first on Labaik at 25/1

And not to be out done Bryan Cooper wins as well today on Apples Jade price of 7/2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The museum is free in on St Patrick's day!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there many late bars, if so which is the best?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there many late bars, if so which is the best?

There's a few alright. Midweek I think it's Hennessy, weekends it's the Abbey, the Blasket, Hennessys. I might be missing a few. As for where, not sure as I rarely go out anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There's a few alright. Midweek I think it's Hennessy, weekends it's the Abbey, the Blasket, Hennessys. I might be missing a few. As for where, not sure as I rarely go out anymore!

Are they in town centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are they in town centre?

All within 4 or 5 mins walk if each other.

• Advertisement

Did anyone here go to the match last night? Or marathon during day?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Did anyone here go to the match last night? Or marathon during day?
    No, listened to the match on Radio Kerry and it would seem they threw it away at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Working yesterday, by family and friends did the marathon...Good day bar the weather they said.

Game, no, too many Jackeens around for my liking :D

I watched he game on tv, it was frustrating as Kerry did throw it away a bit, bit did seem to be coming back at the end. A pity. I know a few who went to it and said it was a great atmosphere. Plenty of people around all weekend which is good.

Atmosphere around was probably better than the game....The amount of on field thuggery is just beyond a joke these days ...It was actually embarrassing to call that a football game ....But better off i post on the gaa forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Was at the game, good atmosphere alright.

Didn't catch the official attendance but wouldn't be surprised if there was a 50/50 split of Kerry/Dublin supporters, seemed to be a lot of jackeens there.

Stayed dry so that helped with the atmosphere.

Kerry tactics frustrated Dublin, if that's what they need to do to beat Dublin, fine by me but hopefully they won't resort to these fouling tactics against every team and we see a bit of football come summer.

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Atmosphere around was probably better than the game....The amount of on field thuggery is just beyond a joke these days ...It was actually embarrassing to call that a football game ....But better off i post on the gaa forum :D

It did seem quite rough alright. Just get so in the way of the actual football. I read there was over 11 thousand tickets sold for the game!

Town was hopping last night after the game,good craic with the Dubs

Hopefully it will be on in Tralee when we have them at home in the league again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

An Irish passport was also found and despite the name on it, they haven’t been able to track the person down.
    http://traleetoday.ie/cash-phone-passport-handed-tralee-garda-station/

Burst my hole laughing at that one. What kind of keystone cops have we in Tralee Garda Station at all? They can just contact the Passport Office with the Passport Number and know what they had for breakfast!!

I would think that there's a little more to this than meets the eye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I would think that there's a little more to this than meets the eye

You mean like maybe a fraudulent Passport and hoping that the holder is stupid enough to fall for it?

kn wrote: »
    You mean like maybe a fraudulent Passport and hoping that the holder is stupid enough to fall for it?

Couldn't say

WORK will begin next week on a new taxi rank at the car park next to Boots/Tesco town centre.

The rank will have around 14 spaces and will stretch along the side of the Boots building and around the corner into the Abbey car park. It will be ready by the time The Mall work begins in May.

Briefing the press on the town centre work on Monday, Kerry County Council Senior Engineer, Eamon Scanlan, detailed where the new ranks would be situated with the works due to take place in The Mall this May.

There will be a nightly rank on Edward Street for about six cars opposite the post office. When work is completed there will also be a nightly rank on The Mall for a limited number of taxis, on the loading bays. The rank at Bridge Lane (near Shaws) remains.

Mr Scanlan said the Council met with the taxi drivers to decide upon the best place to position the ranks.

http://traleetoday.ie/work-new-taxi-rank-begin-next-week/

BRIDGE Street won’t be part of the first phase of the Tralee town centre works due to commence in May and it may be a while before resurfacing takes place there due to lack of funding.

When the plans were initially announced last May, artists impressions of a resurfaced Russell Street and Bridge Street appeared. The Council has planning approval to undertake the works, however they will have to wait until further funding becomes available.

It was also decided to wait until a decision on the use of the Denny Site was made before formulating a plan for a more coherent link between Russell Street/Bridge Street and the town centre.

This was explained by Kerry County Council Senior Engineer, Eamon Scanlan, at a press briefing on the works in the town centre on Monday.

“We have a lot of the work done in advance. We have a far clearer handle on the costings and materials so it should be a lot more straightforward a process. Hopefully we’ll have shown to the town that we can do it in a way that keeps the town open for business and delivers a quality town centre and they would embrace the works when that time comes,” said Mr Scanlan.

The plan for phase one was to have the works stretch from The Mall up to the Dunnes Stores building on Bridge Street, but now funding constraints mean the work will finish at the Carraig Donn corner of the Square instead.

“We wanted to make sure that either entrance from The Mall to the Square had the nice stonework leading into each other,” he said.

Mr Scanlan also explained that The Square would be used in the mornings and a period in the afternoons for deliveries to traders in The Mall while the works are going on.

Smaller vehicles will be allowed in rather than heavy good vehicles. They will come in via Dominick Street and leave via the Carraig Donn entrance/exit.

The works on the Mall are due to begin in early May, after Denny Street becomes a two-way.

http://traleetoday.ie/bridge-street-work-will-wait/

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Bah Humbug
    I'd say most people who read this Tralee thread also keep an eye on the Tralee Today website so is it necessary to keep posting articles from Tralee Today.
    Fair enough if you have an opinion to share on a particular article but why blindly copy and paste?
    How about a permanent link to http://traleetoday.ie/ on the boards..

pickled101 wrote: »
    Bah Humbug
    I'd say most people who read this Tralee thread also keep an eye on the Tralee Today website so is it necessary to keep posting articles from Tralee Today.
    Fair enough if you have an opinion to share on a particular article but why blindly copy and paste?
    How about a permanent link to http://traleetoday.ie/ on the boards..

The biggest reason I choose to copy and paste is that I think people find it easier to read an article without ads being in the middle of the article

I think the ads could be better placed on articles on the Tralee Today Website

pickled101 wrote: »
    Bah Humbug
    How about a permanent link to http://traleetoday.ie/ on the boards..

We can't do a permanent link to another site. Its fine to post the content of an article.

The biggest reason I choose to copy and paste is that I think people find it easier to read an article without ads being in the middle of the article

I think the ads could be better placed on articles on the Tralee Today Website

The ads are really annoying. No harm messaging them to pass on the feedback.

The ads are really annoying. No harm messaging them to pass on the feedback.

That's how he makes his money, the ads on boards are just as much a pain, but a necessary evil

• Advertisement

That's how he makes his money, the ads on boards are just as much a pain, but a necessary evil

I get that. What we mean is how badly laid out the ads are!

Advertisement