Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Have only just heard tonight too that Il Forno in courthouse lane has also closed its doors! Sad to hear.

That's a pity, they gave it a good go in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Well, you can't say that they didn't try to make a go of it.

They did in fairness tried something different with the comedy nights

Never had a meal there,always makes me wonder how Pizza Time and La Scala are still going and they offering mostly the same food right next door to each other,

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Just noticed yesterday a stream of school pupils going to the new LIDL in Edward St via Sullivans Lane in Boherbee for their lunch.Can see a few mpre small business"s closing down town

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just noticed yesterday a stream of school pupils going to the new LIDL in Edward St via Sullivans Lane in Boherbee for their lunch.Can see a few mpre small business"s closing down town

As I said before, there was no need for another supermarket in town, let alone another Lidl!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Have only just heard tonight too that Il Forno in courthouse lane has also closed its doors! Sad to hear.

I thought that was doing well! I was only there last month and it was a full house. Pity to hear that and of Barry's too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

The Belgian chocolate shop beside pizza time has closed for a little while, but an E-smoke store has opened in its stead

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Erik Shin wrote: »
    The Belgian chocolate shop beside pizza time has closed for a little while, but an E-smoke store has opened in its stead

E-smoke stores are a goldmine but I can see them bursting within a few years when vaping dies down, or people start going to one mega vape shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Need to get from Dingle to Tralee next week. If the strike keeps going and im stranded, what are my options? Are there private bus companies that are running routes or is it taxi or bust?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

chupacabra wrote: »
    Need to get from Dingle to Tralee next week. If the strike keeps going and im stranded, what are my options? Are there private bus companies that are running routes or is it taxi or bust?

Try Kennedy Coaches. They are based in Annascaul, so I'd say they do Dingle too. Phone 066 9157106 and check with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Why do people insist on parking on the double yellow lines outside Dunne's on NCR, practically on top of the zebra crossing. Is your "quick trip" into Dunne's so important that you can't pull into the car park like the rest of us?!?

• Advertisement

kerryked wrote: »
    Why do people insist on parking on the double yellow lines outside Dunne's on NCR, practically on top of the zebra crossing. Is your "quick trip" into Dunne's so important that you can't pull into the car park like the rest of us?!?

My pet hate!!! And not just there, on all double yellow's all around the town. Castle street is ridiculous! So many seriously lazy, ignorant people!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

kerryked wrote: »

It is so dangerous for pedestrians particularly when vans or SUVs park along there as you have to walk half way out onto the pedestrian crossing before passing motorists can spot you. A recipe for accidents!

But of course the offenders can park there as often and as frequently as they like knowing full well they will never be prosecuted.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

across from the AIB bank/john ross there are 2 disabled parking spots. These are out of commission now seeing as the road is diverted to accomodate the road works. Well some auld fella parked up there last week, more than likely routine for him, well the beeping, hooting, honking at him was unreal and he had no idea why, he kept waving the cars past but they couldn't go because traffic was coming down against him - the next day there was a no parking sign placed on the road/kerb at those spots!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

People are always parking on the double yellow outside the Kingdom Food and Wine store in Oakpark. Saw a guard who is a regular in there pull in in the squad car, think he did anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Awful shame, we were at the John Spillane night and ate in a couple of times..thought it was doing OK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Try Kennedy Coaches. They are based in Annascaul, so I'd say they do Dingle too. Phone 066 9157106 and check with them.

Thanks for the help. Gave them a buzz and they arent running weekday services. Looks like im up shít creek

Thanks for the help. Gave them a buzz and they arent running weekday services. Looks like im up shít creek

Post in those shïte Facebook pages.... You might get lucky

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Give gocoach.ie a buzz to find out when their Dingle/Killarney service recommences (website just says April).

If in luck, you could get bus to Killarney and then train to Tralee.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Also check out carsharing.ie and carpoolworld.com/carpool_list_cities.html?country_code=IRL,IE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Anyone else catch the Paschal Sheehy report on the BE strike in Tralee on the 6.1 News? If not watch it on the Player. 'The Bishop' i.e. the driver of the People's Bus also features.

• Advertisement

Hmmm.. theory is good... But in the centre of town, how many businesses would have more than 6000 sq feet ..They say regional business in the article... But it's going to be the likes of Dunnes tescos etc who will benefit..Not the smaller shops...

kn wrote: »
    Anyone else catch the Paschal Sheehy report on the BE strike in Tralee on the 6.1 News? If not watch it on the Player. 'The Bishop' i.e. the driver of the People's Bus also features.

I saw it on the 9pm news. It will probably be up on the RTE player later.

People are being asked to submit their views on the closure of the mall for seven months.

any person having an objection should lodge it in writing, with the Administrative Officer, Operations, Capital Infrastructure and Safety Department, Kerry County Council, County Buildings, Tralee, County Kerry not later than 5pm on Tuesday, April 4.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/views-sought-plans-close-part-tralee-town-centre-seven-months/

People are being asked to submit their views on the closure of the mall for seven months.

any person having an objection should lodge it in writing, with the Administrative Officer, Operations, Capital Infrastructure and Safety Department, Kerry County Council, County Buildings, Tralee, County Kerry not later than 5pm on Tuesday, April 4.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/views-sought-plans-close-part-tralee-town-centre-seven-months/

And you could also go to Banna Strand to stop the tide coming in for all the exact same effect it will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

I think you need a permit for that, apply to Kerry County Council...
    kn wrote: »
    And you could also go to Banna Strand to stop the tide coming in for all the exact same effect it will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I was flabbergasted when I read that the council had chopped down all those trees. What were they thinking? Surely it is better to have trees and green areas than concrete etc. Vandalism even.

How many people remember their primary school nature lessons?
    What do a trees branches... And its roots have in common?

• Advertisement

The Museum is doing an 'Enchanted Hall' this Easter if you are looking for something to do with the kids!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1233411883374670&id=121924824523387&substory_index=0

Advertisement