Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I saw a to let sign up on Gaudinos today, so looks like it's definitely closed.

I just looked it up on daft, apparently it's for rent since February. It's a pity to see another town centre business close

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Food is a very competitive area in Tralee town centre. You really have to have something unique or be the best in the category you are competing in. Gaudinos and the old Allegro had/were neither of those things. Tralee doesn't need another Italian restaurant, Takeaway,Chinese or coffee place etc.
    What Tralee needs is a food establishment that sits in the middle of a takeaway and an actual dinner restaurant. Something like a TGI Fridays or Nando's.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Forge83 wrote: »
    Food is a very competitive area in Tralee town centre. You really have to have something unique or be the best in the category you are competing in. Gaudinos and the old Allegro had/were neither of those things. Tralee doesn't need another Italian restaurant, Takeaway,Chinese or coffee place etc.
    What Tralee needs is a food establishment that sits in the middle of a takeaway and an actual dinner restaurant. Something like a TGI Fridays or Nando's.

even an Eddie Rockets!! Oh I would love it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I thought it was a mistake to kill the Allegro name (and style of restaurant) tbh.
    We used to go in there a few times a year, but only went into Gaudinos once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭cute geoge

If the allegro stuck to the knitting it would be still on the go ,happen to ramble in there for breakfast around the time it went upmarket and got a lousy breakfast in a big fancy plate with a fancy price to boot .Well you can guess i did not darken the door again!!!

• Advertisement

even an Eddie Rockets!! Oh I would love it! :)

Does anyone remember the Rock City Diner...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I do! It was on the corner of Ashe Street, where that sweet shop was (now closed down). I loved going there with my mates. I was probably about 16/17 when it was open.

I do! It was on the corner of Ashe Street, where that sweet shop was (now closed down). I loved going there with my mates. I was probably about 16/17 when it was open.

Correct! It was an American style diner iirc, with tasty chicken wings!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I thought it was a mistake to kill the Allegro name (and style of restaurant) tbh.
    We used to go in there a few times a year, but only went into Gaudinos once.

I agree, I went to Allegro often for lunch and it was always good, I liked the old place better than the new one. It was more comfortable.

The electrical recycling will be at the Mart in Caherslee this Saturday, 15th April between 10am - 4pm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Heard about this on the news on Radio Kerry

Tralee is going for a Purple Flag

They want people to fill out a survey

http://tralee.ie/events/tralee-purple-flag/

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

It was really nice but it was also very expensive from what I remember.
    May have been one of the reasons it didn't survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Heard about this on the news on Radio Kerry

Tralee is going for a Purple Flag

They want people to fill out a survey

http://tralee.ie/events/tralee-purple-flag/

Hahahahahahahahaha

If ever there was a town that doesn't provide a safe and pleasant ambience between the hours of 5pm - 5am it's Tralee

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahahaha

If ever there was a town that doesn't provide a safe and pleasant ambience between the hours of 5pm - 5am it's Tralee

I had to laugh when I saw the survey. It's ridiculous! We don't even have Gardai walking around half the time, let alone at those hours! It's one of the biggest problems imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Hahahahahahahahaha

An older guy got beaten up at 8pm (broad daylight) just over a week ago in the Denny St archway by a gang of minority ethnic status (as I suppose we should call them now) youths. It was all caught on CCTV.......they are claiming self defence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Is that the Denny lane arch way? It seems to be a bit of a problem all right. I have come across "members of the community" fighting among themselves on Denny lane. I called the guards who said the could se on cctv and for me to "walk on" and not get involved.

Is that the Denny lane arch way? It seems to be a bit of a problem all right. I have come across "members of the community" fighting among themselves on Denny lane. I called the guards who said the could se on cctv and for me to "walk on" and not get involved.

Yeah the archway leading to the Square. The main perp was apparently 'defending himself' as he was kicking the guy on the ground!!

I spotted on Facebook that a shopfront in Rock st had a lick of paint. It's called P. Commane's, and apparently it's a bookshop. I always noticed the name of that place but I never knew that it was a bookshop!? I'm confused, has that always been the case?

Commane's was closed for years, but it was always a hardware store ?

Yes, P Commanes was a real old style shop that used to sell light hardware, kitchen utensils etc. The owner, Paddy, ran it until he was in his 80's and it then closed. (he died a few years ago)
    I presume his son is now running it as a book shop, passed by it yesterday and the guy in there would fit the age profile anyway.

• Advertisement

Speaking of old shops, there's one at the back of the shopping arcade that sells work shoes etc. It looks closed half the time, but I assume it's still in operation. Anyone know what the story is with it?

Speaking of old shops, there's one at the back of the shopping arcade that sells work shoes etc. It looks closed half the time, but I assume it's still in operation. Anyone know what the story is with it?
    I think that belongs to Forans/Rock Inn.
    If you want to buy a pair of boots, you call to the bar first (for a drink also possibly:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Wife is in town and she text to say there are a lot of broken windows in cars in St. John's car park.

bobdcow wrote: »
    Wife is in town and she text to say there are a lot of broken windows in cars in St. John's car park.

A new Easter rising?

bobdcow wrote: »

That's awful! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

Just in case anyone was wondering why the town is dying a death :)

Pretty good bookshop btw !
    I spotted on Facebook that a shopfront in Rock st had a lick of paint.

A new Easter rising?

Has the GPO been occupied? If the interfere with the dole being paid they will be hunted out in no time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Hi, does anyone know how much per sq. m./sq.ft. It is to build a house these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

kaiser31 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know how much per sq. m./sq.ft. It is to build a house these days?

This forum might be a better place to ask;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1245

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

kaiser31 wrote:

Try Guineys or dealz hun

Advertisement