Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I noticed the last weekend that the petrol station on the Horan Centre forecourt has closed again.

Story in the Kerryman that the old Beru is going to be adding on jobs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    I noticed the last weekend that the petrol station on the Horan Centre forecourt has closed again.

Yeah, although there's a sign up saying it's reopening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ruffmut

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Yeah, although there's a sign up saying it's reopening soon.

Its a brand new line that is currently being installed for a new product which is officially being launched next week.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ruffmut wrote: »
    Its a brand new line that is currently being installed for a new product which is officially being launched next week.

A new fuel?

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    A new fuel?

I assume a rebranding and change in the retail offering of some kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

A new fuel?

Think the reply was meant for the post about Beru creating new jobs, not the petrol station in Horans

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ruffmut

Yep, sorry wrong quote selected. Ment the BorgWarner announcement next week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I think Elverys sports must be relocating. There's a to let sign up on the premises which says due to relocation. I wonder where they are going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I think Elverys sports must be relocating. There's a to let sign up on the premises which says due to relocation. I wonder where they are going?

Manor ;)

• Advertisement

I assume a rebranding and change in the retail offering of some kind.

That place has gone through several rebrandings over the years and no-one seems to be able to make a go at it.

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Manor ;)

Don't really see where in Manor they could relocate to. The old Randles unit would hardly be suitable.

Not sure where else in town they could relocate to either, except maybe the Parklands units.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

That place has gone through several rebrandings over the years and no-one seems to be able to make a go at it.

Its never been a proper shop though, and car washing has become a very competitive business.

Its never been a proper shop though, and car washing has become a very competitive business.

It was a few years ago. 24 hour and everything. Closed from the trouble they were getting from the pavees.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tippinkerry

Hi all,
    New to boards.ie.
    Hello!

Hi all,
    New to boards.ie.
    Hello!

Hi there. Welcome! Are you new to Tralee?

Not new to Tralee. Just new to Boards.ie

Great! Be sure to read the forum charter which is stickied at top of board!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Listowel Man

i went to Tralee shopping last week

i can't get over how friendly and clean the place is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

i went to Tralee shopping last week

i can't get over how friendly and clean the place is

:D

• Advertisement

Great! Be sure to read the forum charter which is stickied at top of board!

I can't seem to find the forum charter on the iPad app. How can I find it?

I can't seem to find the forum charter on the iPad app. How can I find it?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055167649

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Living in Tralee over 2 years now and I've only just found this thread :rolleyes:

Hello to all, I'll be sure to keep an eye in here :)

So these past few weeks since the dreadful demise of Barry's bakery, I've been on the hunt for a suitable replacement plain brown loaf for my daily breakfast toast!

Twomey's is the most widely available local(ish) bakery but I just don't like the taste of their brown loaf.

Some shops, like Garvey's, have started stocking O'Sullivans (Killorglin) and I tried their brown loaf but it's way too soft and unfortunately doesn't cut it either.

In Kenmare recently, I picked up a loaf of Harrington's (the local bakery) and this hit the spot! Don't know if anywhere in Tralee stocks them though. Anybody know?

And just this week, I picked up a loaf of O'Donnell's (Killorglin) in the Centra in Ardfert and again this passed the taste test! Haven't seen this in any shop in Tralee I've popped into though. Anybody seen their produce locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

So these past few weeks since the dreadful demise of Barry's bakery, I've been on the hunt for a suitable replacement plain brown loaf for my daily breakfast toast!

Twomey's is the most widely available local(ish) bakery but I just don't like the taste of their brown loaf.

Some shops, like Garvey's, have started stocking O'Sullivans (Killorglin) and I tried their brown loaf but it's way too soft and unfortunately doesn't cut it either.

In Kenmare recently, I picked up a loaf of Harrington's (the local bakery) and this hit the spot! Don't know if anywhere in Tralee stocks them though. Anybody know?

And just this week, I picked up a loaf of O'Donnell's (Killorglin) in the Centra in Ardfert and again this passed the taste test! Haven't seen this in any shop in Tralee I've popped into though. Anybody seen their produce locally?
    List of stockists here for O Donnells bread;
    http://odonnellsbakerykillorglin.com/where-to-buy/.
    Looking at that list there's a few places in Tralee where it's available.

Aimeee wrote: »
    List of stockists here for O Donnells bread;
    http://odonnellsbakerykillorglin.com/where-to-buy/.
    Looking at that list there's a few places in Tralee where it's available.

Yeah, looked at that but it doesn't seem to be accurate. I've tried SuperValu and Spar Oakpark that are listed but no luck whereas Centra Ardfert where I did find them stocked isn't even listed.

It's likely some places stock some of their range but not what I'm looking for. Will try Kingdom Food in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Listowel Man

Erik Shin wrote: »
    :D

no sarcasm intended

Came across a job ad for a NEW Iceland store in Tralee!?? A new one? Where? And why!? The one in the Horan centre never looks busy as it is, I can't imagine why there's another one planned! Is this town going to have two of every supermarket!?
    https://www.jobalert.ie/job/iceland-tralee-county-kerry-ireland-2-assistant-manager-new-iceland-store-tralee/

Came across a job ad for a NEW Iceland store in Tralee!?? A new one? Where? And why!? The one in the Horan centre never looks busy as it is, I can't imagine why there's another one planned! Is this town going to have two of every supermarket!?
    https://www.jobalert.ie/job/iceland-tralee-county-kerry-ireland-2-assistant-manager-new-iceland-store-tralee/

I assume they mean the Horan Centre. Although it looks like to me that the staffs biggest task in there is staving off the boredom. I have never seen a crowd in there and there is chilled stock 1/2 price everyday because it best before date is up.

• Advertisement

I assume they mean the Horan Centre. Although it looks like to me that the staffs biggest task in there is staving off the boredom. I have never seen a crowd in there and there is chilled stock 1/2 price everyday because it best before date is up.

I hope They mean the current store! There's literally no need for a second!

Advertisement