Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tralee will feature on CrimeCall next Monday night,an assault case that the Gardai are looking for help with.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Tralee will feature on CrimeCall next Monday night,an assault case that the Gardai are looking for help with.

I saw a clip of that on tv. I didn't hear anything about an assault at the time. Hope it helps find whoever did it.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I saw a clip of that on tv. I didn't hear anything about an assault at the time. Hope it helps find whoever did it.

Could this be it

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/attempted-sex-attack-on-young-tralee-woman-35470412.html

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Oho, this won't go well for the lads going for the purple flag :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Don't recollect that at the time. Surely there is enough CCTV all along that route?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Surprised that this didn't seem to generate publicity at the time. Scary to think this happened on the main thoroughfare of the town on the busiest night of the week when you'd think there would have been a fair crowd spilling out of all the pubs/late bars around that time etc (safety in a busy area).

ongarboy wrote: »
    Surprised that this didn't seem to generate publicity at the time. Scary to think this happened on the main thoroughfare of the town on the busiest night of the week when you'd think there would have been a fair crowd spilling out of all the pubs/late bars around that time etc (safety in a busy area).

Thats what I was thinking as well,the street should have been busy at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The amount of begging in town is on the rise again - there was a fella begging outside John Griffin Butchers at the horan center this morning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bobdcow wrote: »
    The amount of begging in town is on the rise again - there was a fella begging outside John Griffin Butchers at the horan center this morning.

There's been a few guys around this week, they all seem to be part of the same group but spread out around the town. There was also reports of a few sleeping rough in town, so not sure if the same guys.

There's been a few guys around this week, they all seem to be part of the same group but spread out around the town. There was also reports of a few sleeping rough in town, so not sure if the same guys.

Looking at a few of the faces, seems like maybe a new family of Roma have moved in? Last ones I remember got driven out after yer man with the wellies raped the girl over in Rath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

The_Mac wrote: »
    Looking at a few of the faces, seems like maybe a new family of Roma have moved in? Last ones I remember got driven out after yer man with the wellies raped the girl over in Rath.

Jesus, thats a bit harsh, not all Roma wear wellies

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Jesus, thats a bit harsh, not all Roma wear wellies

Ah now this lad was so renowned for wearing them begging he actually got the name "Wellies" from a lot of people. He was our own little character for a while. Maybe one day if he didn't commit such a heinous crime, he could have even risen to Christy Tik Tok levels of fame...

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

A stray dog in kielduff today
    Anyone missing him/her?
    Dark collie type dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

bobdcow wrote: »
    He seemed to be there all day, saw him this morning and he was still there at 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Notice a lost dog poster on a lamppost at the new pedestrian crossing at Costa this evening, looked like a collie in the picture but I didn't look at it too much

Made mince meat of the wall. Novice driver markings as well.

http://traleetoday.ie/gardai-tralee-make-arrest-car-crashes-wall/

kn wrote: »
    Made mince meat of the wall. Novice driver markings as well.

http://traleetoday.ie/gardai-tralee-make-arrest-car-crashes-wall/

Insane! Stupid fool drink driving. A miracle no one was walking by & not hit! Scary to think how this can happen. I walk with my baby a lot, and I see way more bad driving out walking than when I'm in the car! It's crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

g1983d wrote: »
    Notice a lost dog poster on a lamppost at the new pedestrian crossing at Costa this evening, looked like a collie in the picture but I didn't look at it too much

Thanks,
    checked that...not him

Insane! Stupid fool drink driving. A miracle no one was walking by & not hit! Scary to think how this can happen. I walk with my baby a lot, and I see way more bad driving out walking than when I'm in the car! It's crazy!

It wasn't between the hours of 5pm and 5am so the purple flag goers are safe

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

I noticed today that the bollards they placed between bowling buddies and mr. price were gone. Hopefully it will stay like that. Much prefer to go that way when leaving mr. price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

Does anyone know if the exit from the car park where the cinema used to be is going to be changed when the road becomes 2 way in a few of weeks. That car park is impossible to exit as it is, will be much worse when it's onto a 2 way street.

Does anyone know if the exit from the car park where the cinema used to be is going to be changed when the road becomes 2 way in a few of weeks. That car park is impossible to exit as it is, will be much worse when it's onto a 2 way street.

Not sure actually and yes it can be really hard to get out. Good that the bollards are gone up by bowling buddies!

Watching it on rte now and it doesn't appear to be the same incident. This happened up Monavalley/Shanakill.

Watching it on rte now and it doesn't appear to be the same incident. This happened up Monavalley/Shanakill.

Ya,watched the programme as well,

The one thing both incidents have in common is no taxis at the rank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-appeal-for-witnesses-after-woman-sexually-assaulted-in-tralee-35651048.html
    Gives more detail on the Monavalley incident here.  The fact it happened 8 months ago makes it difficult for anyone who might have been in the area to recall, I would think.  As regards taxis, I guess there is only so many taxis in Tralee working those weekend night shifts and everyone is spilling out of the pubs/chippers at the same time so lack of taxis at the time of the incident is fairly common.

Here are details of the road closures in the mall from next week.
    http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/traleetowncentreworks/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

There's roadworks with temporary traffic lights at Ballymullen causing absolute carnage the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Do you know whats going on there?

I hope they are doing away with the stupid right hand turn into the street in front of the Munster Bar/ Ballymullen PO!

Cars wait there for ages waiting to turn in the same time they could continue to the round a bout and get access from the far side.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Do you know whats going on there?

I hope they are doing away with the stupid right hand turn into the street in front of the Munster Bar/ Ballymullen PO!

Cars wait there for ages waiting to turn in the same time they could continue to the round a bout and get access from the far side.

Was mentioned here before that that's the plan for there alright, iirc.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-appeal-for-witnesses-after-woman-sexually-assaulted-in-tralee-35651048.html
    Gives more detail on the Monavalley incident here.  The fact it happened 8 months ago makes it difficult for anyone who might have been in the area to recall, I would think.  As regards taxis, I guess there is only so many taxis in Tralee working those weekend night shifts and everyone is spilling out of the pubs/chippers at the same time so lack of taxis at the time of the incident is fairly common.
    Missed it last night and its does not seem to be on the RTE player.

Advertisement