Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

The_Mac wrote: »
    Also on a side note, just looked up Save Tralee on Facebook and they're praising recent town achievements. The only negative thing in the last few days is the council saying that the construction in the Town centre will cause no traffic disruption, which is bull, and they ask what people's thoughts are. Nowhere do I see them speaking for "the whole of Tralee"

I rest my case............

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

If anyone is looking to donate blood, you can do this evening in the Brandon Hotel between 7 - 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Quackster wrote: »
    It represents its members for good or ill. If the majority of businesses in Tralee were members, then undoubtedly it would represent the sum of their opinion.

But I think maybe some business people in this town are too tight to pay for chamber membership!

The chamber alliance represent their paid representatives

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Save Tralee doesn't bash the town. And it doesn't speak for the town. It was set up by a number of business individuals in town, not just one. Just give it a rest About the page now!

Correct they don't "bash" the town. They use a series of misinformed posts as a catalyst to encourage locals to do that for them with silly comments and no facts!!

If its was set up by a number of business individuals in the town then stand by it and list the business names on the page that support and are affiliated to it like the chamber alliance.

Clab mor wrote: »
    Correct they don't "bash" the town. They use a series of misinformed posts as a catalyst to encourage locals to do that for them with silly comments and no facts!!

If its was set up by a number of business individuals in the town then stand by it and list the business names on the page that support and are affiliated to it like the chamber alliance.

I'm sure you're trying to make a point...but it's getting lost in a strawman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Good to see a number of Tralee businesses up for awards!
    http://traleetoday.ie/number-tralee-businesses-nominated-irish-hospitality-awards/

Good to see a number of Tralee businesses up for awards!
    http://traleetoday.ie/number-tralee-businesses-nominated-irish-hospitality-awards/

Nice to see Bailey's Corner getting a nod....I do enjoy their food and Gary is the host with the most as they say :D

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Nice to see Bailey's Corner getting a nod....I do enjoy their food and Gary is the host with the most as they say :D

I love the little quirky sayings they put on their sandwich board their door. It always gives me a giggle when I pass! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Listowel Man

i am going shopping in Tralee again next week

can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Listowel Man

Be sure to get the Tralee People's bus and reserve the lickable window seat
    there should be a post office in Manor West

• Advertisement

there should be a post office in Manor West

There is a post office near Manor, in Ballmullen!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I don't think discussion of national social welfare policies have any relevance on thr Tralee forum. Perhaps there are other locations on boards.ie that would be more appropriate.

I don't think discussion of national social welfare policies have any relevance on thr Tralee forum. Perhaps there are other locations on boards.ie that would be more appropriate.

Prison forum perhaps ?

The ole forum charter and guidelines seems to have been forgotten about recently. Seems as though anything goes!!

Clab mor wrote: »
    The ole forum charter and guidelines seems to have been forgotten about recently. Seems as though anything goes!!

Posts are dealt with as soon as we get a chance to deal with them....which is usually just me on this particular forum. If others need a reminder of the form rules & guidelines, please familiarise yourselves with the sticky on the forum! If anything needs reporting, use the report button & we will check it! Thanks. Mod

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I'm sure you're trying to make a point...but it's getting lost in a strawman

He/she has a point. If it was set up by local business people, they're nothing but spineless cowards for not publicly standing behind their comments.

i am going shopping in Tralee again next week

can't wait :)

Neither can we! :rolleyes:

He/she has a point. If it was set up by local business people, they're nothing but spineless cowards for not publicly standing behind their comments.

Nope,it was strawmaning at its finest, and as for being set up by business people...Never saw that before, the local business people contacted the council to voice their concerns.... Facebook doesn't solve the towns issues...Or cure cancer with likes or prayers, just in case you were wondering

Nope,it was strawmaning at its finest, and as for being set up by business people...Never saw that before, the local business people contacted the council to voice their concerns.... Facebook doesn't solve the towns issues...Or cure cancer with likes or prayers, just in case you were wondering

Ciarrai76 said it was set up by business people.

I'm not sure where you're going with your last sentence. Comes across as glib and patronising.

The Fleadh Cheoil will be held in Tralee from May 17th - 21st!
    http://traleetoday.ie/tralee-looks-forward-hosting-fleadh-cheoil-chiarrai/

• Advertisement

I see the land with the bungalow which was all boarded up for a few years on the Oakpark road has started to be cleared. Anyone know what's happening with it?

There's also a load of clearing work going on at Bill Kinnerk road, off Oakpark road. I think it's for some social housing, although I read 4 houses wild be built & it's not a very big area for 4 houses!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The Fleadh Cecil will be held in Tralee from May 17th - 21st!
    http://traleetoday.ie/fleadh-cheoil-attract-thousands-tralee/

Should post that up on the Whats on Forum

Might win a TV but can a Mod win the TV :D

Ciarrai76 said it was set up by business people.

I'm not sure where you're going with your last sentence. Comes across as glib and patronising.

I read that a good few months ago, either in Kerry's eye or Tralee today. It said it was set up by a group of business owners.

Should post that up on the Whats on Forum

Might win a TV but can a Mod win the TV :D

Oh didn't know that! Might chance it! ;)

Micheal Healy Rae was on the radio this morning on about Enable Ireland closing the charity shop in Tralee

Micheal Healy Rae was on the radio this morning on about Enable Ireland closing the charity shop in Tralee

Yeah I just read that on traleetoday. Apparently lease is up.

Oh didn't know that! Might chance it! ;)

Il take half the TV if you win :D

The canal walk is now resurfaced as far as the lock gates!
    http://traleetoday.ie/canal-walkway-now-resurfaced-far-lock-gates/

Hats off to Terry O'Brien for securing the funding. It's a wonderful amenity.

Now all that's missing is a cafe at the Basin end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Great to see this work done, that little loop is a lovely walk now and should be well used.

Also good to see Councillors taking responsibility for it by using their own allocations, better than an "oh well at least we tried".

Any where to see a record of what other projects are completed around the county with funds from councillor's allocations?

Advertisement