Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

BPKS wrote: »
    The boom is officially back.

Are they not a cafe aswell, doing tea, coffee and sambo's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

beertons wrote: »
    Are they not a cafe aswell, doing tea, coffee and sambo's?

They are indeed..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Has anyone driven up or down Denny street yet today? Looks odd with the new parking layout. Seems like so few cars there now. Nice new road though!

It doesn't seem like 21 years since it was last 2 way. I thought the one way system came in much later. If that's the case, 21 years went far too fast for my liking!!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Has anyone driven up or down Denny street yet today? Looks odd with the new parking layout. Seems like so few cars there now. Nice new road though!

It doesn't seem like 21 years since it was last 2 way. I thought the one way system came in much later. If that's the case, 21 years went far too fast for my liking!!

Yeah, it's fantastic the utterly diabolical herringbone parking is finally gone. And the street looks so well too now that it's much less cluttered.

Hopefully the message will sink in that there's absolutely no reason to avoid the town centre now.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, it's fantastic the utterly diabolical herringbone parking is finally gone. And the street looks so well too now that it's much less cluttered.

Hopefully the message will sink in that there's absolutely no reason to avoid the town centre now.

Except that the centre of town is like a bomb site this morning, it just means that traffic can flow from castle st and divert down Denny st. The mall is fairly treacherous today, peopleb had to navigate diggers and ripped up pavement to get into Costa this morning, didn't look too safe... hopefully it's calming down now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Except that the centre of town is like a bomb site this morning, it just means that traffic can flow from castle st and divert down Denny st. The mall is fairly treacherous today, peopleb had to navigate diggers and ripped up pavement to get into Costa this morning, didn't look too safe... hopefully it's calming down now

Denny St looking fantastic had a coffee in costa's after the Ashe ceremony didnt come across any access issues it was all barriered off etc..... very safe imho. Perhaps it got worse later in the day?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Apparently traffic got bad on the normal Denny street route up to Princes street this afternoon. Something to do with the traffic lights timing? I'm sure it's all just first day teething issues & will all be sorted out.

Clab mor wrote: »
    Denny St looking fantastic had a coffee in costa's after the Ashe ceremony didnt come across any access issues it was all barriered off etc..... very safe imho. Perhaps it got worse later in the day?

Between 8.30-9.00 this am

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Apparently traffic got bad on the normal Denny street route up to Princes street this afternoon. Something to do with the traffic lights timing? I'm sure it's all just first day teething issues & will all be sorted out.

Alas, part of the problem is that all traffic turning left and right from Ivy Terrace is now confined to just one lane due to the utter intransigence of those wonderful Save the Green folk!

Between 8.30-9.00 this am

Sure if we're to believe you there's no one in town during peak hours let alone 8.30am-9.00am.

Can't see what you were saying was an issue effecting too many people at that hour.

If anything it's sounds as though the contractors were carrying out nesseccary awkward work early in the morn when there is much smaller footfall.

Makes sense.....

• Advertisement

Sure if we're to believe you there's no one in town during peak hours let alone 8.30am-9.00am.

Can't see what you were saying was an issue effecting too many people at that hour.

If anything it's sounds as though the contractors were carrying out nesseccary awkward work early in the morn when there is much smaller footfall.

Makes sense.....

That's the time people working in the town centre..go to work, so it's actually quite busy, at that time.
    It's getting to be quite a maze walking up and down the mall, never know which way the barriers will be and where you're going to end up....It's very exciting I must say !

That's the time people working in the town centre..go to work, so it's actually quite busy, at that time.
    It's getting to be quite a maze walking up and down the mall, never know which way the barriers will be and where you're going to end up....It's very exciting I must say !

So just the handful of costa staff members had access issues.... not so bad after all.

I'm sure as the works progress barriers and control of people will be changing daily.

I was In Dublin recently and the Luas works are similar but obviously a lot larger in scale. A lot of crossing streets to pass works and crossing back again to get back the way your trying to go.

So just the handful of costa staff members had access issues.... not so bad after all.

I'm sure as the works progress barriers and control of people will be changing daily.

I was In Dublin recently and the Luas works are similar but obviously a lot larger in scale. A lot of crossing streets to pass works and crossing back again to get back the way your trying to go.

Costa opens before 9

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Gardai looking for help from the public about an assault that happened at the weekend

http://traleetoday.ie/gardai-investigate-assault-streets-tralee/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

You actually had to walk around some roadworks??? The horror! You're a delicate flower Eric :)

xxyyzz wrote: »
    You actually had to walk around some roadworks??? The horror! You're a delicate flower Eric :)

I know, it's my inner curmudgeon showing
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Town is so boring that roadworks and fidget spinner selling lads are the only thing making it exciting these days :D

That and the relay team beggars, seems they are coming from Cork in the morning, and taking turns sitting in the same spot begging... entrepreneurial spirit is alive and kicking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That and the relay team beggars, seems they are coming from Cork in the morning, and taking turns sitting in the same spot begging... entrepreneurial spirit is alive and kicking!!

I heard they are going to be on the next series of Dragons Den

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

I heard they are going to be on the next series of Dragons Den

Hello Dragons, today we'd like to pitch our new idea, Beggars4U. You hire us, we beg for money, and you get the return!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

On occasion it feels as if the Council have installed a mystery tour on the Mall for our entertainment! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I feels very wrong to be driving up towards Heatons on Denny Street.

bobdcow wrote: »

That's what I was thinking! I wonder has anyone not realised it's two way & gone up the wrong lane!?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

bobdcow wrote: »

That's what I was thinking! I wonder has anyone not realised it's two way & gone up the wrong lane!?

I was going up a long ivy terrace yesterday evening when I met a woman coming against me from Denny street in the wrong lane

g1983d wrote: »
    I was going up a long ivy terrace yesterday evening when I met a woman coming against me from Denny street in the wrong lane

I suppose there will be non-locals who haven't been in town for a while, probably aren't even aware of the new 2 way system!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I suppose there will be non-locals who haven't been in town for a while, probably aren't even aware of the new 2 way system!

The big arrows are a bit of a give away in fairness!!

kn wrote: »
    The big arrows are a bit of a give away in fairness!!

You'd think it would be obvious, but road markings/road signs mean nothing to some people! lol

I noticed that the yellow box on the normal lane (towards Princes st) is a good bit back from where the stop used to be. Seems very far back, but I suppose its to allow traffic from Princes st. to be able to turn in.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

Yeah the turn from the fabrik side onto ivy terrace is extremely sharp. You do need the two lanes free to be able to do it. I was in a car, I imagine a van would require the cars to be as far back as they are. Problem is getting cars to stop back where they are supposed to. I'm sure there will still be a few who know better and will persist in driving all the way up to the junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Yeah the turn from the fabrik side onto ivy terrace is extremely sharp. You do need the two lanes free to be able to do it. I was in a car, I imagine a van would require the cars to be as far back as they are. Problem is getting cars to stop back where they are supposed to. I'm sure there will still be a few who know better and will persist in driving all the way up to the junction.

That cross by fabrik is an accident waiting to happen, my partner drives a van and we had to drive through yesterday. There's feck all space for turning.

At that same cross yesterday a little boy and his mother were waiting at the lights to cross and the boy stepped ahead very slightly (still on the footpath) and nearly had his foot run over. :(

Great to see the weather fine again, would anyone know of any lesser known walks around the area that are accessible with a buggy? :)

• Advertisement

The walk across from the wetlands, goes behind the cinema along the river bank, nice on a day like today with ducks and other waterbirds to be seen and you come out at the bridge by lidl

Advertisement