Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    g1983d wrote: »
    I was going up a long ivy terrace yesterday evening when I met a woman coming against me from Denny street in the wrong lane

I suppose there will be non-locals who haven't been in town for a while, probably aren't even aware of the new 2 way system!
    To be honest, I'd say the visitors and non locals will follow the signs correctly as they won't know or possibly remember what was old and what was new.  The challenge will be getting the locals who drive it every day to change their habits...despite all the recent publicity about the new traffic system.
    Agreed, about the Ivy Terrace tight junction.  This is why the council wanted opposite traffic to veer to the left of Counihans shop and encroach slightly into the town park access route to give more space for turning at the Ivy Terrace junction which of course got unreasonably massive amounts of objections.  The result of that is two way traffic now all trying to navigate the same tight junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

ongarboy wrote: »
    g1983d wrote: »
    I was going up a long ivy terrace yesterday evening when I met a woman coming against me from Denny street in the wrong lane

I suppose there will be non-locals who haven't been in town for a while, probably aren't even aware of the new 2 way system!
    To be honest, I'd say the visitors and non locals will follow the signs correctly as they won't know or possibly remember what was old and what was new.  The challenge will be getting the locals who drive it every day to change their habits...despite all the recent publicity about the new traffic system.
    Agreed, about the Ivy Terrace tight junction.  This is why the council wanted opposite traffic to veer to the left of Counihans shop and encroach slightly into the town park access route to give more space for turning at the Ivy Terrace junction which of course got unreasonably massive amounts of objections.  The result of that is two way traffic now all trying to navigate the same tight junction.

It would be a little easier if you could take that turn from the right hand lane/straight on lane. Wouldn't be as severe. Maybe they should just have one lane there for turning and going straight. Maybe over time they will fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I notice the Kerry Group CFO parking his beamer on the green bus busstop every day outside KG head office. Rather childish behaviour in fairness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just reading the Keeeys eye and quite a few people commented on the ivy terrace junction being awkward. Hopefully the powers that be will listen to concerns.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I notice the Kerry Group CFO parking his beamer on the green bus busstop every day outside KG head office. Rather childish behaviour in fairness.

How do you know it's his car?

• Advertisement

How do you know it's his car?

Because I know the guy and people who work there told me about it also.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I don't understand why the bus stop has moved back across the road again a mere few weeks after it moved across to outside the old town hall.

Because I know the guy and people who work there told me about it also.

Why is he parking there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Do I detect a bit of the green eyed monster?? If it was a Nissan Micra parked there, would the poster even have cared? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Do I detect a bit of the green eyed monster?? If it was a Nissan Micra parked there, would the poster even have cared? :-)

I think it's more to do with the chairman of Kerry Group being miffed there's a commoners bus-stop outside his enterprise and he's not letting them contaminate his personal kingdom

• Advertisement

Erik Shin wrote: »
    I think it's more to do with the chairman of Kerry Group being miffed there's a commoners bus-stop outside his enterprise and he's not letting them contaminate his personal kingdom

This

Why is he parking there?

Kerry group don't want the commoners mingling outside head office. It's a running joke amongst the staff in there.

Nothing to do with the car. If somebody is intentionally blocking a public amenity with their car every day for a week I think it's worthy of a post here, the fact that the chief financial officer of a multi national company is doing something so petty makes it all the worse. KG do have a large car park

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I believe the bus stop is to be moved to the motor tax office (former town hall) but the move has to be sanctioned by the transport regulator. The buses leak much grease and oil onto the road and if I had a Beamer I wouldn't park in that mess!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I believe the bus stop is to be moved to the motor tax office (former town hall) but the move has to be sanctioned by the transport regulator. The buses leak much grease and oil onto the road and if I had a Beamer I wouldn't park in that mess!
    Given he earned €1.8m last year I'd imagine he can afford to get it cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The Dublin Coach goes from an awkward location in any case. They could have chosen something more convenient to the East of Town like Horans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Kerry group don't want the commoners mingling outside head office. It's a running joke amongst the staff in there.

And I wouldnt blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

kn wrote: »
    The Dublin Coach goes from an awkward location in any case. They could have chosen something more convenient to the East of Town like Horans etc.

I'd bet Bus Eireann would not allow that as it is on their pickup route out of town and the Green bus might poach their passengers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The Duke Of Kent, Prince Edward visiting Fenit next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The Duke Of Kent, Prince Edward visiting Fenit next Tuesday

There are so many of them visiting the Republic these days they must be sizing the place up for reconquesting it!

That or they are visiting the West West Brits!! Lord Ferris of Ardfert has a certain ring to it....... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kn wrote: »
    There are so many of them visiting the Republic these days they must be sizing the place up for reconquesting it!

That or they are visiting the West West Brits!! Lord Ferris of Ardfert has a certain ring to it....... ;)

I think they are meeting for a quick game of cricket out the Oyster Oval in the Spa and after there is a game of Polo on in Caherslee :D

And taking the boat out in the wetlands...

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

And taking the boat out in the wetlands...

Wouldn't be wise after what happened last time, would it :D

Saw today a bit of a protest march down towards the square. Fairly hilarious seeing a small protest trying to meander through the roadworks. Only got a quick look at the sign, was it for the girl with the seizures with the medical cannabis movement is based around?

Power outage in Tralee due to a fault at Ballybeggan, power due back at approx 9.15

And it's back...ahead of schedule :D

And inside the space of 10 minutes it cut off, can back..Cut off and came back again.... Heaven help me I can't take this excitement on a Sunday morning!

And off and on again!!
    The only trouble with this is the possibility of a surge when the power comes back, electrical devices can be blown...So perhaps a good idea to unplug TV's, washing machines, hitachi wands, sky boxes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

and the house alarm going off, get out of bed to turn it off, few mins later alarm goes off, get out of bed to turn it off...repeat a few more times - I just decided to get up, I'm wrecked now, need to go back to bed :-) but fair play to the lads in ESB they got it back on very quickly

And off and on again!!
    The only trouble with this is the possibility of a surge when the power comes back, electrical devices can be blown...So perhaps a good idea to unplug TV's, washing machines, hitachi wands, sky boxes etc

When did it come back on properly?

• Advertisement

When did it come back on properly?

Not quite sure...7.20ish I think

Advertisement