Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    I'm.starting to think Tommy Mac was dropped on his head as a child..... a lot!

He was on the Anton Savage show on Today FM this morning. At least its not just the Healy-Rae's making a holy show of Kerry people.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

BPKS wrote: »
    He was on the Anton Savage show on Today FM this morning. At least its not just the Healy-Rae's making a holy show of Kerry people.

I thought the two lads came across very well on the Late Late last week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The Rose of Tralee festival is to receive €30,000 funding from Failte Ireland! Other Kerry festivals are also to receive funding.
    http://traleetoday.ie/tralee-festivals-receive-funding-from/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Where sells Hoegaarden in Tralee? Have to go out for a few pints there next week (in the town) so any help much appreciated.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Where sells Hoegaarden in Tralee? Have to go out for a few pints there next week (in the town) so any help much appreciated.

Cheers.

The Castle off Licence have it. Not sure about bars, maybe Roundy's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The Castle off Licence have it. Not sure about bars, maybe Roundy's?

Thanks for the help. Looking for bars BTW as i'll be bringing someone out for a pint :)

Thanks for the help. Looking for bars BTW as i'll be bringing someone out for a pint :)

Not sure, the most likely as I said may be Roundy's, or maybe The Blasket. Never seen it in any bars here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Had never heard of it before this, but looking up the logo on google images I definitely recognise it from the offies and I'd swear one or two pubs around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Try the Osborne or Hennessey's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The_Mac wrote: »
    I thought the two lads came across very well on the Late Late last week.

Agreed. I have been guilty of falling for the media perception of them in the past but they came across as such sincere and decent men in that interview that I think maybe Kerry is not doing too bad having them represent the county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Being hearing good things about this Real Broadband company,anyone here with them?

Im with Kerry Broadband atm but its always good to get info on other suppliers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Their website is dreadful, has zero information! They must be brand new on the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Being hearing good things about this Real Broadband company,anyone here with them?

Im with Kerry Broadband atm but its always good to get info on other suppliers :)

To be honest if it runs on wireless technology like kerry broadband then they won't be able to off you a much better product. Also the more customers they get, the worse the speeds will be because you can't do much with contention issues on wireless.

The Allegro in Castle street is closed for refurbishment at the moment and is due to open with a new name, Gaudinos Restaurant. I think its the same owners, just having a revamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I've eaten there - it's very good. Wanted to have lunch there yesterday and saw the notice about the refurbishment,

Anyone know what the story is with the Italian cafe that was on Edward st. I had heard that he was moving to the unit that used to be Reubens on Ashe St. but that looks like a constituency office for John Brassil at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Walked past there last week and noticed it was closed (think it was called Giovanni's?) - had never been in there, was it nice? To be honest, I thought it was more of a shop seeking products than a cafe, didn't realise.

Couldn't imagine it getting much business up that far in town though, especially being such a "niche" shop.
    Probably would have a better chance down on Ashe St , haven't heard anything about it opening anywhere else though.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with the Italian cafe that was on Edward st. I had heard that he was moving to the unit that used to be Reubens on Ashe St. but that looks like a constituency office for John Brassil at the moment.

That's closed down and its not reopening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

No more Allegro??!! End of an era!! Although my memories are more from when it was where Costa is now! Think I only ever ate in the newer Castle St restaurant once! I wonder is the Allegro in Killarney still there.

That's closed down and its not reopening.
    I knew he was closing on Edward St but he had said before Christmas he was reopening on Ashe st. It's a pity if he doesn't, the food was good in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I find it hard to understand why it would be a wise move to change a name with a history in Tralee like 'The Allegro' and start from scratch with a new name. :confused:

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I knew he was closing on Edward St but he had said before Christmas he was reopening on Ashe st. It's a pity if he doesn't, the food was good in there.

They are definitely not reopening. My husband knows one of the owners & its not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

The Allegro in Castle street is closed for refurbishment at the moment and is due to open with a new name, Gaudinos Restaurant. I think its the same owners, just having a revamp.

The allegro (on castle St) used to be called the Stella (and before that the Wimpy). The old joke was " how do you know the festival is on in Tralee? A. There are customers in the Stella!.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The YOPPA

Tralee International Marathon taking place today...there'll be road closures around the town for a bit, mostly Caherslee/Ardfert direction. Good Luck to all 800 runners

Went to the Tralee parkrun for the first time yesterday morning. Must say it is very well run (no pun intended!). Had never really been around the town park properly before so was great to get to see it, huge crowd there too. Well done to everyone who volunteers there, fantastic atmosphere around there yesterday.

Unfortunately I'm working most Saturdays until the summer but I do hope to get down to it more often once the summer comes around.

kerryked wrote: »
    Went to the Tralee parkrun for the first time yesterday morning. Must say it is very well run (no pun intended!). Had never really been around the town park properly before so was great to get to see it, huge crowd there too. Well done to everyone who volunteers there, fantastic atmosphere around there yesterday.

Unfortunately I'm working most Saturdays until the summer but I do hope to get down to it more often once the summer comes around.

A member of my family went for the first time yesterday too! She didn't run, but she really enjoyed it all. They get a good crowd to it. Great to see so many kids at it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Gorse fires on the mountain tonight. It didn't take long for them to dry out!

Gorse fires on the mountain tonight. It didn't take long for them to dry out!

On what mountain Rev? Is it bad?

kerryked wrote: »
    On what mountain Rev? Is it bad?

Slieve Mish mountain. Noticed it on my way home this evening too. Isn't it meant to be illegal now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Slieve Mish mountain. Noticed it on my way home this evening too. Isn't it meant to be illegal now?

Sure when has illegally ever stood in the way of a Kerry hill farmer..? :rolleyes:

Advertisement