Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Here's a few things happening this weekend (not an awful lot as usual!)

http://traleetoday.ie/six-things-bank-holiday-weekend/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone know if any place would be showing Lions game at 8.30am tomorrow? I'm hoping some place like Brogue might open a bit earlier to show it, but anywhere that might definitely be open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

titan18 wrote:
    Anyone know if any place would be showing Lions game at 8.30am tomorrow? I'm hoping some place like Brogue might open a bit earlier to show it, but anywhere that might definitely be open?

The Mall normally does.. no booze available at that time mind. .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    The Mall normally does.. no booze available at that time mind. .

Ya, don't mind the no drink, breakfast and game be fine enough for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Benners is open this morning for the Lions game, 8.50 for a full brekkie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Looking to get rid of a bit of rubbish from the garden, anyone have any recommendation on waste removal services around Tralee?
    Can't really get a skip as I've no where to put it, a tonne bag which could be lifted out over the fence would be ideal. KWD website says they do a skip bag for 100 but locations only around killarney/south Kerry, might come out if I rang them, but anyone have any other thoughts?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

kerryked wrote: »
    Looking to get rid of a bit of rubbish from the garden, anyone have any recommendation on waste removal services around Tralee?
    Can't really get a skip as I've no where to put it, a tonne bag which could be lifted out over the fence would be ideal. KWD website says they do a skip bag for 100 but locations only around killarney/south Kerry, might come out if I rang them, but anyone have any other thoughts?

Not sure if you mean just garden waste as opposed to actual rubbish but if garden stuff then you could try Multi Maintenance Services - MMS on FB, they collect christmas trees each year so might do the garden waste too.

phormium wrote: »
    Not sure if you mean just garden waste as opposed to actual rubbish but if garden stuff then you could try Multi Maintenance Services - MMS on FB, they collect christmas trees each year so might do the garden waste too.

I recommend Multi Maintenance services too. I've used them a few times and they are going to be taking away a load of garden rubbish for me in a couple of weeks. James is the guy to ask for.
    https://www.facebook.com/Jwmultimaintenaceservices/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Just to warn people about the lads begging at the Horan Centre.

One guy in particular is hassling people at the ATM - I was taking money out there at the weekend and he was at my side after I put in my card, asking for money (probably trying to see my PIN) and trying to intimidate me until I basically told him where to go in no uncertain terms.

Just watch yourself there and maybe avoid the ATM if you see these people in the vicinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

There's a gang of them begging around town at the moment, some dodgy looking characters. Money for mobile phones doesn't seem to be an issue for them.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    There's a gang of them begging around town at the moment, some dodgy looking characters. Money for mobile phones doesn't seem to be an issue for them.

It's a begging gang down from Cork, they've been around for 5 or 6 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Yeah I was in town for the day last week and it is very organised. They have 4 or 5 spots and they are rotating between them in shifts. You'd see the same face at a number of locations over the course of the day.

I assume Gardai are aware & moving them on?

@BPKS would report that to Gardai just to give them a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I can see a taxi strike looming over where the new town centre rank should be placed

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FarmerSmith

Hi all,
    Looking for ideas. We're having my daughter christened on a Saturday and looking for somewhere to go for dinner/afternoon tea afterwards. We've ruled out Ballyroe, Ballygarry & The Rose Hotel.

A lot of dinners doesn't start till 6pm which is a bit late for us. Ideally looking around 4pm.

Any ideas?

Hi all,
    Looking for ideas. We're having my daughter christened on a Saturday and looking for somewhere to go for dinner/afternoon tea afterwards. We've ruled out Ballyroe, Ballygarry & The Rose Hotel.

A lot of dinners doesn't start till 6pm which is a bit late for us. Ideally looking around 4pm.

Any ideas?

Kaleli kebab? :D

Benners hotel have a dining area, give them a shout, The Grand hotel also... but it's a bit full in the bar area, and their dining room lacks a bit of atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hi all,

Any ideas?

O Donnells or the Oyster Tavern??

Hi all,

Any ideas?

Meadowlands hotel is nice. We had our christening after there, although we opted for the finger food, but they do a sit down meal too. Contact them & they will give you the menu options.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Hi all,

Any ideas?
    Ballyseede castle would be lovely

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Any ideas?
    The Tankard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Kate Kearney's

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Europe Hotel Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Gallys is a nice spot...... has a good mix of bar/restaurant athmosphere so it's not too formal

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FarmerSmith

Thanks all. Some good ideas I wouldn't have thought of. Killarney is too far, my mother has broken ribs and is uncomfortable for too long in the car.

I'd forgotten about Gallys.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

We did the same thing and went for a meal early in the Brogue Inn, we had the restaurant upstairs to ourselves and lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

We had my daughters christening in Stokers Lodge 3 months ago and it was fabulous. Helpful staff, relaxed atmosphere and the food just about put me into a coma :biggrin:

Very good menu too, at least 5 different starter and dessert options

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

I can see a taxi strike looming over where the new town centre rank should be placed

Let them strike away..long enough they clogged up the town centre by double parking..but you dare and enter their area even to collect someone..They are a law onto themselves in their own opinion..

I am fed up seeing taxis speed through our estate like they are on some sort of racetrack! They would want to learn a bit of respect! And They can't just park up illegally along castle street and expect the council to give into them!

• Advertisement

Thanks all. Some good ideas I wouldn't have thought of. Killarney is too far, my mother has broken ribs and is uncomfortable for too long in the car.

I'd forgotten about Gallys.

Not sure if anybody mentioned the Station House in Blennerville or Croí in the Square

Advertisement