Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tippinkerry

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Thanks all. Some good ideas I wouldn't have thought of. Killarney is too far, my mother has broken ribs and is uncomfortable for too long in the car.

I'd forgotten about Gallys.

Not sure if anybody mentioned the Station House in Blennerville or Croí in the Square
    Thanks all. Some good ideas I wouldn't have thought of. Killarney is too far, my mother has broken ribs and is uncomfortable for too long in the car.

I'd forgotten about Gallys.

Not sure if anybody mentioned the Station House in Blennerville or Croí in the Square

What about the Ashe Hotel? Really flexible, nice food and good vfm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

What about the Ashe Hotel? Really flexible, nice food and good vfm.

As long as you're not in a hurry it should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Odie87

Anyone know a local seamstress that would cover removable sponge sofa cushions?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Odie87 wrote: »
    Anyone know a local seamstress that would cover removable sponge sofa cushions?

Elite Upholstery in Monavalley https://www.goldenpages.ie/fitzgeralds-elite-upholstery-tralee-D920/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dontknowyet1

Would anyone recommend someone to clean white pvc guttering in Tralee?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Would anyone recommend someone to clean white pvc guttering in Tralee?

I have used Multi Maintenance services. They do all sorts of work. Find them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Jwmultimaintenaceservices/

That lovely craft shop in Ashe street will be closing down at the end of June. They said on their Facebook page it's due to lack of trade. So sad somsee such lovely shops like that not be able to stay open. Maybe location wasn't right & people weren't aware they were there? Tralee is hard to have a business off the main shopping steeet as people just don't seem to wander around and walk to different areas. Laneways in cities seem to always have lovely shops etc and people go out of their way to find them, but sadly not here! (And yes I know this isn't a city!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Is there an ethnic shop that sells halal meat and spices? I did a search, but they all appear to be closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

The art and craft shop is it ciarrai?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

beertons wrote: »
    Is there an ethnic shop that sells halal meat and spices? I did a search, but they all appear to be closed.

There are 3 of them on Castle Street.

• Advertisement

The art and craft shop is it ciarrai?

Yes a beautiful one just opposite the courthouse in the red brick building. They had fabulous stuff in there. There's another one called Atlantic creations which moved from courthouse lane around to rock street.

beertons wrote: »

There's definitely three Still open between Moyderwell cross & upper castle steeet. Kerry spices is one, next to Benners. I can't think of the name s of the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    That lovely craft shop in Ashe street will be closing down at the end of June. They said on their Facebook page it's due to lack of trade. So sad somsee such lovely shops like that not be able to stay open. Maybe location wasn't right & people weren't aware they were there? Tralee is hard to have a business off the main shopping steeet as people just don't seem to wander around and walk to different areas. Laneways in cities seem to always have lovely shops etc and people go out of their way to find them, but sadly not here! (And yes I know this isn't a city!)
    Yeah, it's a pity. I guess we don't have enough of a population or as much tourists visiting than say Dingle or Killarney that is needed to sustain these types of businesses. Agreed about the location too.  It seems unless your business is located on the the main strip from Bridge Street, Mall and Lower Castle Street, you suffer from being considered "remote"!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That's grand, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

not the tankard

not the tankard

The Tankard is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

So Tralee Urban is officially one of the country's unemployment blackspots at 27.2%......quelle surprise........

There's a kids cycle event happening tomorrow evening at the wetlands & along the canal for older kids. See Facebook for more info https://www.facebook.com/TraleeBayWetlands/photos/a.123430604448538.9271.117519805039618/733423640115895/?type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

kn wrote: »
    So Tralee Urban is officially one of the country's unemployment blackspots at 27.2%......quelle surprise........

I'm sure the roadworks killing business in town will also do wonders for those figures

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dctralee

Theres a fashion show in aid of inspired in tralee.its at 8pm in ballyroe.all the models are young adults with disabilities.inspired does great work in tralee with these young people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Dctralee wrote: »
    Theres a fashion show in aid of inspired in tralee.its at 8pm in ballyroe.all the models are young adults with disabilities.inspired does great work in tralee with these young people.

They were on with Deirdre Walsh the other day,a great cause hope they get a good turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Taxi drivers have started using the bike lane on denny Street for a rank.

xxyyzz wrote: »

Wow, the ignorance of them!! They won't gain much public support doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

:p
    Wow, the ignorance of them!! They won't gain much public support doing that!

Report to Gardai...Issue parking tickets

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

xxyyzz wrote: »

Spotted that. Such ignorant pricks! I've taken details of those I've seen to forward on to taxi regulator.

The Mall street works must be ahead of schedule seeking as there was no one there doing any work there at 3.45 today!

The Mall street works must be ahead of schedule seeking as there was no one there doing any work there at 3.45 today!

That's during happy hour in Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Rule in the contract no work during freebie Fridays,safety reasons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

That's during happy hour in Poland

It could also the clause in the contract of employment about half days when the temperature is over 15 degrees......

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    It could also the clause in the contract of employment about half days when the temperature is over 15 degrees......

It isn't

Advertisement