Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Man collapsed in the forecourt of Joe O'Connor's today, waited at least 10 mins, if not more (he was already on the ground when I arrived), for an ambulance to come from across the road.

Do all the ambulances operate out of the one depot or are there different hubs around the county? If it's all centralised then the response time back to Kerryhead or Brandon Point or Valentia must be far too long altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Erik Shin wrote: »
    How come you're still here oh wise one?

for the scenery:)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

kerryked wrote: »
    Man collapsed in the forecourt of Joe O'Connor's today, waited at least 10 mins, if not more (he was already on the ground when I arrived), for an ambulance to come from across the road.

Do all the ambulances operate out of the one depot or are there different hubs around the county? If it's all centralised then the response time back to Kerryhead or Brandon Point or Valentia must be far too long altogether.

Different bases located around the county. Places like Dingle only have one ambulance. Having said that it's the nearest resource gets deployed to a call. So quite often ambulances are moved around to "strategic" locations to cover areas that might be short on crews.

The only thing reason you'd imagine it took that long is that either an ambulance wasn't available or it wasn't coming from the base and may have been out and about.

Calls are also priotised according to the info recievied by the call taker. If the gent was responsive and alert following the collapse he'd be less of a priority than someone with cardiac chest pain or someone in cardiac arrest.

If an ambulance crew take longer than 90 seconds to get to there vehicle when a call comes in they have to explain why and fill out reports etc.

Ambulance crews and call takers dispatchers are usually top of there game and any delays wouldn't be on account of anything they could change.

It's mainly down to not enough crews rostered on or ambulances being available...... i.e. MONEY.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,019 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Now we really have proof of who runs this county 1. Kerry Group 2. the GAA (sponsored by No.1) 3. Anyone with vested interests in no.'s 1 & 2 (probably also beneficiaries/members of PS union) 4. the rest of Kerry's inhabitants

Perestroika Kerry stile. Is it any wonder out brightest and best emigrated a long time ago.

Have they?

The first paragraph made me laugh. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

BPKS wrote: »
    Have they?

The first paragraph made me laugh. Thanks.

You're very welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,019 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

You're very welcome.

Who are the brightest and best that have emigrated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

BPKS wrote: »
    Who are the brightest and best that have emigrated?

Not us anyway, we are still here :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It looked as though the overgrown grass was being cut this morning over by the college. Finally!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Taxis are going on strike tonight! Great way to gain public support. I am due to go to a party out of town to night, looks like I'm driving myself & no booze. First night out in a long long time!! Thanks guys! :mad:

http://traleetoday.ie/no-taxis-tralee-tonight-drivers-withdraw-services/

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Taxis are going on strike tonight! Great way to gain public support. I am due to go to a party out of town to night, looks like I'm driving myself & no booze. First night out in a long long time!! Thanks guys! :mad:

Haven't really followed the story properly but where do the taxi drivers actually want to have a rank? I don't see the problem with the temporary rank up by boots, it's about 300 metres away from the old one at the mall?

Lots of giving out around the town, don't see too much in the way of constructive reasonable plans being put forward though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

It's fecking daft. As a customer I have no issue walking over to the small Tesco carpark at night, just walk through the abbey carpark and there's no issue because there's always crowds outside the Abbey. Last night none of them were using the new rank, I finally found them in the laneway beside Shaws. Their "concern" for customers' safety is laughable - 10 years ago they fought tooth and nail against deregulation despite the fact that customers were waiting for hours on end in the p*ssing rain for the few taxis that were in existence.

It's a pity Uber can't be used in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Taxi drivers need a massive collective kick in the balls...poor icle baby's..have to move 300 yards from the their normal haunt in town where they block the road as they see fit....the regulators office would want to have a good long look at them

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You could maybe drive to the event and book a taxi from out-of-town home? And then get a taxi/lift back the next day to collect your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Hackney services are still running I presume? Just book one in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

xxyyzz wrote:
    It's a pity Uber can't be used in Ireland.

Why can't uber be used in Ireland. I always assumed it was running in the big cities..

Yeah have something else sorted out. Not much support for them judging by comments on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Why can't uber be used in Ireland. I always assumed it was running in the big cities..

Just strict transport regulations in Ireland don't allow paid trips in private cars, you have to be registered as a taxi/hackney driver to pick up a fare. You can use halo in Dublin to book taxis alright but that is for official taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

Evening all, this is slightly off topic but hoping you might be able to help! Would ye have any suggestions for anyone around town who cuts lawns? I'm not local enough to get a copy of the advertiser and a local recommended means a lot. Thanks, Snoopy.

snoopy12 wrote: »
    Evening all, this is slightly off topic but hoping you might be able to help! Would ye have any suggestions for anyone around town who cuts lawns? I'm not local enough to get a copy of the advertiser and a local recommended means a lot. Thanks, Snoopy.

I have used a company called Multi Maintenance services https://www.facebook.com/Jwmultimaintenaceservices/

I have used a company called Multi Maintenance services https://www.facebook.com/Jwmultimaintenaceservices/

Thanks a mil Ciarrai76, will check them out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Kingdom Garden Care are good also
    https://www.facebook.com/kingdomgardencare/

g1983d wrote: »
    Kingdom Garden Care are good also
    https://www.facebook.com/kingdomgardencare/

Thanks g1983d, will check them out too! Thanks again, Snoopy

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

You can get both Tralee Outlook and Tralee Advertiser online. Just google them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Tip for Tralee people coming back from Coldplay on Sunday - seats on Dublin Coach buses still available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Tip for Tralee music fans....don't go to Coldplay
    No need for a coach then!

:D

Sorry...had to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I like Coldplay.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Down again for a 2 week spell on my hols. Had a lovely chat with der o sullivan at about 630 earlier. I commented that I'd never seen the shop so quiet. He pointed to outside and said they're down 30% on the food counter alone. Shocked to hear.

Lovely man. I told him I went to school with his youngest son. Didn't know how to find Benners, I'd need the woman with me for directions. I'll get him again though.

Don't know why I keep going in there to buy a lotto, not like I've hit the jackpot there or anything!

Here's the full listing of events for the Rose of Tralee festival next month. Very poor line up, worst in years. There is some music on the streets, but no major well known acts.
    http://www.roseoftralee.ie/2017-programme-of-events

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Poor alright this year and I'll say there will be some fun trying to get the floats down Denny street for the parade. The geniuses in charge will probably think of this on the day of the parade and use it as an excuse to have no parade and keep everything in the dome where they can charge entry

• Advertisement

g1983d wrote: »
    Poor alright this year and I'll say there will be some fun trying to get the floats down Denny street for the parade. The geniuses in charge will probably think of this on the day of the parade and use it as an excuse to have no parade and keep everything in the dome where they can charge entry

Plus there's those big ramps on Denny street now which could be awkward for the floats!

Advertisement