Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I don't think I have ever driven down that road where the carpet shop is - it makes sense what your saying, within a week most people would know where the taxi rank is and problem solved but taxi drivers well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Taxis will prob back into the mall again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Taxis probably won't, nowhere for them and they'll get sick of tickets and cars being confiscated

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

No, they Definitely won't be allowed back in the mall. There won't be any parking allowed there for any cars.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Why don't the taxis just put up a few signs that they are located beside shaws. It's only a little bit further down than the mall and much closer to where they were at the now abandoned rank by boots. They pretty much have exclusive use of that road. Is it realy so bad to make that the permanent main rank?

I don't know where else they could go that's any closer to town than that. Why not have them spread out a bit in different locations. Then people have options of where to get one. In Dublin theyre not on a rank right in middle of city, they are away a bit, up by the st Stephens green park, and people still walk to find them. Same in other places. People will go find them, and as you said, put more signs up! I think they are making far too big a deal out of it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I don't know where else they could go that's any closer to town than that. Why not have them spread out a bit in different locations. Then people have options of where to get one. In Dublin theyre not on a rank right in middle of city, they are away a bit, up by the st Stephens green park, and people still walk to find them. Same in other places. People will go find them, and as you said, put more signs up! I think they are making far too big a deal out of it now.

I have no time for them, they fought tooth and nail against deregulation back in the day to stop more taxis getting on the road notwithstanding that you could be waiting for 2 hours for a taxi in the pissing rain in the middle of the night and none would show up. They are dinosaurs and the sooner they realise the town doesn't revolve around them the better or better yet just legalise Uber in Ireland and be done with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Have the taxi drivers not said they will be back in the Mall when the works are finished? I think it was on Tralee Today - If they do park up there to be honest i don't think the warders/gardaí will do anything about it - The council? put the yellow box outside heatons and they were still parking up there.

bobdcow wrote: »
    Have the taxi drivers not said they will be back in the Mall when the works are finished? I think it was on Tralee Today - If they do park up there to be honest i don't think the warders/gardaí will do anything about it - The council? put the yellow box outside heatons and they were still parking up there.

My understanding is that There won't be parking allowed in the mall (from Quinlans down to Heatons anyway). It will be just for driving through & pedestrians. So unless they are given the strip from bridge street to the mall, then I don't know where they will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Is E5.00 for a pint of lager the norm in hotels in Tralee? I had visitors who called to me today and were charged this in the town over the weekend. And yes I have seen the receipt.

Yep and in some places more

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »
    Is E5.00 for a pint of lager the norm in hotels in Tralee? I had visitors who called to me today and were charged this in the town over the weekend. And yes I have seen the receipt.

I think hotels can tend to be a bit more expensive than regular bars. Not sure what the average price is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

No, they Definitely won't be allowed back in the mall. There won't be any parking allowed there for any cars.

They were there this evening outside Paddy Mac's and snaking along the barrier - really dangerous position when it gets dark with the traffic coming from Denny St.

Radio5 wrote: »

Pint of lager for sure would be.

PS I was out Friday night and one later bar operator told me it was the worst bank holiday he had ever seen - there was no one out! Other people out other nights said the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

kn wrote: »
    Pint of lager for sure would be.

PS I was out Friday night and one later bar operator told me it was the worst bank holiday he had ever seen - there was no one out! Other people out other nights said the same.

I was out the last weekend and the town was busier than Id seen in a long time especially for a weekend before a bank holiday.

On the taxi drivers, they are just coming across as a bunch of moany feckers and how they present themselves is poor too,The pictures I've seen in the papers and online of them looks like they don't care about how they or there cars look. I'm guessing there's no minimum standard as taxi drivers in Dublin are mostly the same

g1983d wrote: »
    I was out the last weekend and the town was busier than Id seen in a long time especially for a weekend before a bank holiday.

On the taxi drivers, they are just coming across as a bunch of moany feckers and how they present themselves is poor too,The pictures I've seen in the papers and online of them looks like they don't care about how they or there cars look. I'm guessing there's no minimum standard as taxi drivers in Dublin are mostly the same

I saw something on Facebook about a post a representative of the taxi drivers in town put up about a town councillor & slagging him off for basically not supporting them. His family were understandably very annoyed, yet this taxi person kept arguing with them. They were using a group name rather than an individual name so I don't know who it was. It was very unprofessional & doing them no favours.

I saw something on Facebook about a post a representative of the taxi drivers in town put up about a town councillor & slagging him off for basically not supporting them. His family were understandably very annoyed, yet this taxi person kept arguing with them. They were using a group name rather than an individual name so I don't know who it was. It was very unprofessional & doing them no favours.

I saw that... and while I'm not in any affiliated with the councillor, I thought it was bad form and so I keep letting the taxi gimps know

The taxis supposedly had full support from the town councillor, he was100% on there side, at a meeting not too long ago he suddenly changed his mind and went against them. Now thats not very nice, is it?

The taxis supposedly had full support from the town councillor, he was100% on there side, at a meeting not too long ago he suddenly changed his mind and went against them. Now thats not very nice, is it?

No, not very nice, but the way they handled it on a public forum was very unprofessional.

No, not very nice, but the way they handled it on a public forum was very unprofessional.

And on the street where he was subjected to verbal abuse, taxi drivers didn't win many friends with that carry on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Kerryman79

They are openly breaking the law by accepting fares from the top of Denny st , why should he support them if thats their attitude, more like a bunch of spoilt kids from what i can see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

I hear there is a book being written about The Abbey... the paragraph about U2 should be interesting !

I hear there is a book being written about The Abbey... the paragraph about U2 should be interesting !

I've heard so many versions of that story they may need to give each version its own chapter! Will Bono launch the book??

kn wrote: »
    I've heard so many versions of that story they may need to give each version its own chapter! Will Bono launch the book??

U2 came down, played a gig, swept the floors, took out the empties, cleaned the glasses, restocked the taytos and the cig machine before paying Danny Leane £20 each for the privilege of playing in his fine establishment

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Kerryman79 wrote: »
    They are openly breaking the law by accepting fares from the top of Denny st , why should he support them if thats their attitude, more like a bunch of spoilt kids from what i can see!

Just after walking down Edward Street and saw 3 cars with Parking Fines slapped on their windscreens by Traffic Wardens..Walked into Town Centre and saw 5 Taxis blatantly flouting the law by parking on a Cycle Lane,Double Yellow Lines and a Yellow Box...Traffic warden walked right passed them as if they were not there..When are KCC going to take this crowd on once and for all..

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Just after walking down Edward Street and saw 3 cars with Parking Fines slapped on their windscreens by Traffic Wardens..Walked into Town Centre and saw 5 Taxis blatantly flouting the law by parking on a Cycle Lane,Double Yellow Lines and a Yellow Box...Traffic warden walked right passed them as if they were not there..When are KCC going to take this crowd on once and for all..

I've reported the matter to the National Transport Authority.

Quackster wrote: »
    I've reported the matter to the National Transport Authority.

I saw a Garda car move them on, sirens beeped a few times and they moved...just did a circle and were back in 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I was in town this morning around 10.30 and there wasnt a vehicle of any description in the new Taxi rank near Boots.
    Its literally a total waste of space now, in what is a busy car park.

Plenty of room down by the Green Bus stop for a permanent taxi rank

Kids for free initiative for Tralee-Banna/Fenit Local Link bus during August. Interesting. Adults €5 return.

http://traleetoday.ie/free-buses-tralee-beach-next-week-kids/

http://www.locallinkkerry.ie/timetable/tralee-to-banna-fenit/

• Advertisement

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Plenty of room down by the Green Bus stop for a permanent taxi rank

Why does nearly everyone I come across refer to it as the 'Green Bus' rather than Dublin Coach? :)

Advertisement