Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

And taxis have moved all along the Barriers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Simple..The wardens are afraid to issue tickets to them, but will issue tickets to anyone in Denny Street..

The wardens can only issue tickets for a parking offence. They cant issue a ticket to a moving car. All the Taxis need do when the warden appears is to keep the engine turning over and edge on a few meters.

It is dangerous how the park across the pedestrian crossings and do "U"ees at the Croppy Boy.

In fairness not all Taxis are at this crack so I suggest giving your business to the ordinary decent ones that obey the rules!

RevBJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

The wardens can only issue tickets for a parking offence. They cant issue a ticket to a moving car. All the Taxis need do when the warden appears is to keep the engine turning over and edge on a few meters.

It is dangerous how the park across the pedestrian crossings and do "U"ees at the Croppy Boy.

In fairness not all Taxis are at this crack so I suggest giving your business to the ordinary decent ones that obey the rules!

RevBJ

Not a single taxi is down at the other designated ranks...so that would be hard.
    Besides, they aren't idling engines, they are parked for 15-20 mins before they get a fair...need the Gardai to get heavy handed with them over the festival ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Not a single taxi is down at the other designated ranks...so that would be hard.
    Besides, they aren't idling engines, they are parked for 15-20 mins before they get a fair...need the Gardai to get heavy handed with them over the festival ;)

From what I've heard the Gardai are of no use and are refusing to get involved as its a council issue.

Hard to blame them really taxi drivers are quite often eyes and ears for the Gardai around town!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CinderKone

Just arrived from England to visit family - didn't realise they'd be no live music in the square and Denny Street for the festival!

But as mentioned the crowds weren't too heavy in the past, there was only a few of us watching Sharon Shannon a couple of year's ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

CinderKone wrote: »
    Just arrived from England to visit family - didn't realise they'd be no live music in the square and Denny Street for the festival!

But as mentioned the crowds weren't too heavy in the past, there was only a few of us watching Sharon Shannon a couple of year's ago.

There is live music on both Denny Street & in the Square. Just not any major big names. See www.roseoftralee.ie for the program or they have an app this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

I see KCC have now put barriers in the cycle lane beside Costa where Taxis illegally parked..Game on here lads..

I see KCC have now put barriers in the cycle lane beside Costa where Taxis illegally parked..Game on here lads..

So the cyclists can't use the lanes now!?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    So the cyclists can't use the lanes now!?[/Q

Sure they could with the taxis illegally parked on them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

So the cyclists can't use the lanes now!?

Haven't seen it but I'd imagine they can cycle inside the barrier if it was placed on the line.

• Advertisement

Taxis were back parked in their regular spot this evening....just even further into the road as the cones were still in place ..it's actually getting dangerous for cars coming down Denny st who wish to turn into castle st..

Taxis were back parked in their regular spot this evening....just even further into the road as the cones were still in place ..it's actually getting dangerous for cars coming down Denny st who wish to turn into castle st..

Unreal. Who do they think they are!?

It is a total disgrace that a group like this can use bullyboy tactics, blatantly flout the law, put lives in danger and neither the KCC or the Gardai will do anything about it..saw a person almost get a ticket today in Ashe St for being 10 minutes over the time allowed to park, and yet these cowboy drivers can do what they want And not a word said against them..

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

The taxis who had occupied Denny st from the cropped boy to paddymacks appear to have finally been shifted. There are signs up stating that the rank is at Bridge lane beside Shaws.

The concentration of stalls in the centre of the Mall appears to be working well but I wonder if costa, der Sullivan's, quinlans fish are effected?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is the work there more or less finished now? Would appreciate a couple of pics if anyone has any?

EDIT: Found some on tralee today

http://traleetoday.ie/photos-mall-set-welcome-festival-visitors/

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is the work there more or less finished now? Would appreciate a couple of pics if anyone has any?

EDIT: Found some on tralee today

http://traleetoday.ie/photos-mall-set-welcome-festival-visitors/

Work is on hold until the festival is over. The main mall still has trees to be planted and benches going in. They will start on the road from Ch up to Bridge street next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Taxi's have taken over the Bank of Ireland side of Castle St. Despite signs directing people to Shaw's.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kn wrote: »
    Taxi's have taken over the Bank of Ireland side of Castle St. Despite signs directing people to Shaw's.

Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

kn wrote: »
    On the yellow lines outside BOI? Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Is there an air show this year during the festival does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    Is there an air show this year during the festival does anyone know?

No. None listed on the official programme.

There was a really great Queen tribute band at the Denny St stage Friday night. Decent crowd as well considering the weather.

Abbaesque are playing in the Square on tonight (Saturday) in the Square at 10pm. Well worth going to see! I saw them a couple of times and they are very good. Always good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Went through town this morning - taxis were outside heatons - when we were on Denny St going towards Castle St we had to cross over the solid white line onto the other side of the road to get around the bend there.

On a side note - which way is up/down on Denny Street - Is heatons to the ashe hall "up Denny St", or "down Denny St"?

bobdcow wrote: »
    Went through town this morning - taxis were outside heatons - when we were on Denny St going towards Castle St we had to cross over the solid white line onto the other side of the road to get around the bend there.

On a side note - which way is up/down on Denny Street - Is heatons to the ashe hall "up Denny St", or "down Denny St"?

I would always say up Denny street when going towards the Ashe hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

I would always say up Denny street when going towards the Ashe hall.

I'd be the exact opposite then!

You're driving in Ireland...not the continent...there no way to do it any other way

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

You're driving in Ireland...not the continent...there no way to do it any other way

I think of it in terms of walking..going from the corner of the Mall down to the Ashe Hall. No biggie though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Same here!
    If I was going 'up Denny St', I would be heading towards the Heatons side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

On the Festival, I am old enough to remember a 'stand' in the Mall, another in the Square, bottom of Denny Street of course (Ashe Hall, so as not to confuse Ciarrai76 ;)) and a 'mobile' one up Ashe Street near the Courthouse!

Advertisement