Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

long time lurker to here , decided to join and get stuck in the banter etc , but have to admit right out that I agree 100% with Eric the Shin re: the taxis in town , ok on that issue my cards are on the table ...... As a newbie I have to ask the powers that be , what % of the town would the comments here represent ,only asking to try and get a feel for what and who the forum reflects . Sean.

This forum represents the view of the entirety of Tralee. Anyone who disagrees will be purged, comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

On my views - especially about the taxis - my wife is on the same page as me and 2 neighbors who I doubt know boards exist have the same views - so could you have some multiplier e.g. all the comments on any topic (good/bad) x that by 4?? to give a more accurate presentation??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

There was a serious stabbing outside the library today just after 2PM. I was just coming out of the library after it happened. That's probably one of the more unlikely locations for that to happen I would have thought. Haven't heard anything since about it, anything on Radio Kerry?

Its up on Radio Kerry.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/man-stabbed-tralee-afternoon/

I don't know the circumstances behind the stabbing but he had several wounds including to his back/shoulder area. There were witnesses and a number of children in the area at the time. The staff from the Gaelscoil across the road came to his aid with a medical kit until the ambulance arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

kn wrote: »
    There was a serious stabbing outside the library today just after 2PM. I was just coming out of the library after it happened. That's probably one of the more unlikely locations for that to happen I would have thought. Haven't heard anything since about it, anything on Radio Kerry?

http://traleetoday.ie/gardai-investigate-stabbing-incident-moyderwell-afternoon/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Its up on Radio Kerry.

I don't know the circumstances behind the stabbing but he had several wounds including to his back/shoulder area. There were witnesses and a number of children in the area at the time. The staff from the Gaelscoil across the road came to his aid with a medical kit until the ambulance arrived.

I heard there was a stabbing. Awful. I hope the victim is ok. Scary to think its happening in broad daylight now. Hope the scumbag was caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I heard there was a stabbing. Awful. I hope the victim is ok. Scary to think its happening in broad daylight now. Hope the scumbag was caught.

Judging by the activity in neighbours place tonight, I suspect they just did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

oeb wrote: »
    Judging by the activity in neighbours place tonight, I suspect they just did.

Ooooh...do tell :)

Arrest made late last night.

Yeah, saw that alright

That's what I thought so, 5 or 6 Gardai paid a visit to the house across the way from me about 9 or 10 last night, and left with one of the guys in handcuffs a couple of hours later.

• Advertisement

oeb wrote: »
    That's what I thought so, 5 or 6 Gardai paid a visit to the house across the way from me about 9 or 10 last night, and left with one of the guys in handcuffs a couple of hours later.
    'Locals' or one of the 'new Irish'?

'Locals' or one of the 'new Irish'?

He is local enough all right, 8 or 9 years ago I used to do a lot of doorwork in Killarney, he used to drink there pretty regularly. Quiet enough guy from what I remember.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I grabbed a coffee from the new place in Edward Street, 'Ugly Mug' this morning. Lovely place, nice decor and lovely coffee. To be honest, I'm not mad about the name of the place, bit too hipster, but hope they do well. One of the owners is a daughter of another local businessman, Paul Hanrahan of Razzle Dazzle & now That's perfect.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I grabbed a coffee from the new place in Edward Street, 'Ugly Mug' this morning. Lovely place, nice decor and lovely coffee. To be honest, I'm not mad about the name of the place, bit too hipster, but hope they do well. One of the owners is a daughter of another local businessman, Paul Hanrahan of Razzle Dazzle & now That's perfect.

Outside of the shop getting a fresh coat of paint there about half an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Its up on Radio Kerry.

The trouble usually starts just when na Leanaí go back to Gaelscoil - expect more trouble now in that part of town.

The_Mac wrote: »
    This forum represents the view of the entirety of Tralee. Anyone who disagrees will be purged, comrade.

Hey Mac, thought it's just a takin shop for a few tea n coffee ladies.

bobdcow wrote: »
    On a side note - which way is up/down on Denny Street - Is heatons to the ashe hall "up Denny St", or "down Denny St"?

You no well the Parade always goes down Castle St, then down Denny St towards the Ashe Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

amadain wrote: »
    Hey Mac, thought it's just a takin shop for a few tea n coffee ladies.

You were wrong.

TKS brother in arms

According to Court hearing today the Library stabbing was totally random and it could have been anyone. If I had left a couple of minutes earlier it could have been me!!

The address given was I believe that of a Charity run homeless housing unit that I think we have discussed on this thread before.

• Advertisement

According to Court hearing today the Library stabbing was totally random and it could have been anyone. If I had left a couple of minutes earlier it could have been me!!

The address given was I believe that of a Charity run homeless housing unit that I think we have discussed on this thread before.

That's exactly where I was talking about earlier. Same house where that tall guy was killed a couple of years back. Seems to be regular issues there.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

amadain wrote: »
    The trouble usually starts just when na Leanaí go back to Gaelscoil - expect more trouble now in that part of town.

What have the students in the Gaelscoil got to do with some muppet who probably never spent a full week in school stabbing someone outside the library?

Perhaps you had some bad experience of a Gaelscoil, Amadain?

pickled101 wrote: »
    What have the students in the Gaelscoil got to do with some muppet who probably never spent a full week in school stabbing someone outside the library?

Perhaps you had some bad experience of a Gaelscoil, Amadain?

I wasn't wondering the same. Not sure what the Gaelcholaiste students has to do with any sort of trouble around there? It's also not the only school in that area!

He was on a wind up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

LfPQdUz.jpg
    The taxi drivers, a great bunch of lads. Cycle lane is closed.

What ever happened to proposals for film studios or was it a creative content hub at Clash ? Seems Kerry CoCo were behind the idea then they were not.

The taxi drivers were against it so it had no hope

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

The taxi drivers run this town. Their like the stone cutters...

The taxi drivers run this town. Their like the stone cutters...

Who else could make Steve Guttenberg a star?!?

Why would taxi drivers be against film studios in Tralee - you jest I hope

Worse than Joe Djugashvili they are !

• Advertisement

What ever happened to proposals for film studios or was it a creative content hub at Clash ? Seems Kerry CoCo were behind the idea then they were not.

Still in the works I understand. Its for the Goblin site. The actor Daragh O'Malley is the driving force behind it.

Advertisement