Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Has anyone been in the Ugly Mug yet? Nice place and nice coffee, although I've only had takeaway so I haven't eaten or sat in yet. They do appear to be busy when I have been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Has anyone been in the Ugly Mug yet? Nice place and nice coffee, although I've only had takeaway so I haven't eaten or sat in yet. They do appear to be busy when I have been in.

+1 on the nice coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

There was a bit of work going on in Mr Simms sweet shop on the corner of ashe St yesterday, I wonder if someone is moving in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

xxyyzz wrote: »
    There was a bit of work going on in Mr Simms sweet shop on the corner of ashe St yesterday, I wonder if someone is moving in there.

It was taken over 6 months ago and a coffee shop supposed to be going in there.. it went on the very long finger though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

No, I did pass it yesterday but I also saw something on instagram I think. Something about doughnuts was mentioned but I don't know if it means a doughnut shop or they were just messing!

Donut shops are after becoming a massive thing in the cities. Latest hipster trend. Probably bringing one to Tralee

The_Mac wrote: »
    Donut shops are after becoming a massive thing in the cities. Latest hipster trend. Probably bringing one to Tralee

We had dunkin donuts here before, didn't last too long

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Erik Shin wrote: »
    We had dunkin donuts here before, didn't last too long

Was there? When was that? I have no recollection of a dunkin donuts in Tralee.

There was A lot of work going on in the unit next to cash encounters too.

Was there? When was that? I have no recollection of a dunkin donuts in Tralee.

Over 20 years ago....can't remember the exact unit... but it was around Fine Wines in Manor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

There was A lot of work going on in the unit next to cash encounters too.

PTSB bought the building beside them and are expanding into it.

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Over 20 years ago....can't remember the exact unit... but it was around Fine Wines in Manor

Wow, can't remember that at all!

Wow, can't remember that at all!
    It was in Kellihers garage shop, Rathass! Many's the donut I had there ðŸ˜. Definitely more than 20 years ago.....

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Slightly off topic but does anyone here have Vodafone broadband(not the SIRO variant) and notice that for the past week or so come 8pm onwards the connection absolutely slows to a crawl? I get about a tenth of the speed i normally get before 8pm onwards.

It was in Kellihers garage shop, Rathass! Many's the donut I had there ðŸ˜. Definitely more than 20 years ago.....

Ah right, probably why I didn't notice it. All this talk of donut shops and I don't even like them anyway! Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 will_forde

Slightly off topic but does anyone here have Vodafone broadband(not the SIRO variant) and notice that for the past week or so come 8pm onwards the connection absolutely slows to a crawl? I get about a tenth of the speed i normally get before 8pm onwards.

Ya. Same here. Speeds go back up again after 11pm.

I'm not with Vodafone, but our speeds are awful every evening! We are moving to Siro next week though, so hopefully it's going to be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

I'm not with Vodafone, but our speeds are awful every evening! We are moving to Siro next week though, so hopefully it's going to be better.

Before last week I couldn't fault the service or before 8 because I get the max speed I can get through my line. It's just come 8pm it really gets really slow. The 4G on my phone gets faster speeds. You cant stream anything bar YouTube at the lowest quality.

Before last week I couldn't fault the service or before 8 because I get the max speed I can get through my line. It's just come 8pm it really gets really slow. The 4G on my phone gets faster speeds. You cant stream anything bar YouTube at the lowest quality.

That's the same for us! It's so annoying! Even more so when trying to keep the little man entertained with some cartoons on YouTube & they won't play!
    I hope Siro is worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Great game in the Complex on Saturday night. Three pointer at the death (+6 secs) to win the game against Moycullen 73-70! The last time I saw a Tralee side in the complex they were called Burgerland! (thats were Abra are now)

RevBJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Were they called burgerland? I always thought that Terry Strickland's Neptune side were burgerland and Tigers were always sponsored by Garveys.

Were they called burgerland? I always thought that Terry Strickland's Neptune side were burgerland and Tigers were always sponsored by Garveys.

They were not sponsored by Burgerland, but they were sponsored by Abrakebabra at one point.. Dan Horan too

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Yes, I was getting confused. Burgerland were a cork outfit but there was Burgerland where Abra is now.

DCU saints / st Vincent's play Warriors on sat night!

The OtherSide chat show is on in Benners again on October 27th. Good line up too!
    https://www.facebook.com/TheOtherSideTralee/posts/1617572514947608

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Heads up,Scam phone calls doing the rounds.had a missed call myself from the Comoros Islands today,

http://traleetoday.ie/tralee-people-targeted-scam-callers/

http://www.thejournal.ie/scam-calls-strange-number-2-3652340-Oct2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

What lane do you use?

Just wondering what lane do people use when going into town on the “new road”? When coming in from Killarney and heading into town past Gally’s at the roundabout just before Gally’s which lane do people use, right lane or left lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

The new loading bays at the back of Shaws opposite the Garda barracks are obstructing the view and narrowing the road beside Walsh brothers.
    When any large vehicle parks there it becomes quite dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 patricia1313

Hi All,

I checked already some posts about Tralee but mostly they are old, and I will be very grateful if you could help me with the current post recession situation in Tralee.
    Personally I see Tralee as a lovely town with beautiful surroundings, easy access to nature and endless walks. With the current property situation in Ireland it also looks very affordable.
    We are a family with one child that is only 1 year old and my husband got good job as head chef in Killarney and because of that we are thinking to relocate. We avoid big town anyway, and so far we mostly were living on countryside or outside of towns in small developments.
    Killarney itself it is too overcrowded for me even it is beautiful I fell that it is to much going on there during the season and also it is very expensive to compare with Tralee.

So please help me out with few stuff:
    1. How do you feel living in Tralee? Do you feel it is nice place to leave regarding safety, schools, shops, walks and etc?
    2. Is there any particular school/ preschool also better that other?
    3. Is there a sense of community in town?
    4. how big is the Sat market? Can I find organic veg/ fruts no problem there or any other org shop?
    5. Can you say that there is enough activities for kids and adults in town?
    6. Does Tralee go the right direction now to be better town in future for our kids?
    7. what is you personal opinion about investing in property there and where would you recommend to live? a bit outside or closer to town? and which are to choose?

Thanks in advance and hoping it will help me to chose proper place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Was in the town park playground earlier. A group of about 7 teens sharing a vape machine. Cool dudes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Was in the town park playground earlier. A group of about 7 teens sharing a vape machine. Cool dudes

Advertisement