Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Anyone used that Dublin coach and found it reliable? I have read some bad reviews on another boards thread about it. In my innocence I assumed their journey times online would be accurate but apparently not by what I have read!

I wanted to use it for an airport trip and they have a bus leaving Tralee at 1 a.m. that is supposed to get you to airport by 5.25 which is exactly the time I need to be there so can't risk delays and if they are regularly late then I'll find another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Yeah saw their post on facebook. They did a lovely job of their new branding/shopfront, so a bigger premises will be great for them.

Another tralee company did the branding for them http://creativepractice.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

phormium wrote: »
    Anyone used that Dublin coach and found it reliable? I have read some bad reviews on another boards thread about it. In my innocence I assumed their journey times online would be accurate but apparently not by what I have read!

I wanted to use it for an airport trip and they have a bus leaving Tralee at 1 a.m. that is supposed to get you to airport by 5.25 which is exactly the time I need to be there so can't risk delays and if they are regularly late then I'll find another way.

I've used it a good bit up and down to Limerick, and I've found it fairly unreliable too. Sometimes a bus just mightn't show up..I've been on one to Dublin that broke down at Kildare village, seems to be a regular occurence with them.

If it was me, I wouldn't risk getting the 1am bus with them, just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Yeah saw their post on facebook. They did a lovely job of their new branding/shopfront, so a bigger premises will be great for them.

I just saw their shop front...nice but the every occasion sign is way too small and hidden by the hanging flowers... Something will have to change I think

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Erik Shin wrote: »
    I just saw their shop front...nice but the every occasion sign is way too small and hidden by the hanging flowers... Something will have to change I think

I thought the same when I saw it earlier. Its a little on the small side for the size of the shop front. It looks lovely none the less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

kerryked wrote: »
    I've used it a good bit up and down to Limerick, and I've found it fairly unreliable too. Sometimes a bus just mightn't show up..I've been on one to Dublin that broke down at Kildare village, seems to be a regular occurence with them.

If it was me, I wouldn't risk getting the 1am bus with them, just my opinion.

First I heard of any reliability issues and I have gotten the 1am bus a few times for early morning Dublin Airport flights. In my experience it more or less keeps to schedule with the only exception being if your bus to Tralee runs into peak traffic in Limerick - other than that, no problem. I have seen at first hand some problems with the buses with the engine cover at the rear of the bus lifting up having become unscrewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Often get it from Tralee to Limerick and back. From Tralee they always leave on time but since Adare and also delays on the M50 you should allow for some time. When I get it back from Limerick to Tralee they are always at the very max a half hour late which I can understand since they are coming down from Dublin. A very good service with comfortable seats and always go on time from their first depart point unlike *cough bus eireann* so I'd definitely recommend them.

Thanks for replies re the coach. I would be hoping that of all departures the one leaving at 1 in the morning would hopefully miss all traffic problems and has the best chance of being on time than a peak hour one. Still undecided though :( don't want to miss that flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Thanks for replies re the coach. I would be hoping that of all departures the one leaving at 1 in the morning would hopefully miss all traffic problems and has the best chance of being on time than a peak hour one. Still undecided though :( don't want to miss that flight.

What time does your flight depart? You'd probably need 2 hours to check in comfortably as 5am to 7am is the busiest time at the airport as all the business flights to London etc leave at that time so security queues are a nightmare!

It wouldn't give me two hours there even if it was on time, flight at 7, UK flight, no luggage etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It wouldn't give me two hours there even if it was on time, flight at 7, UK flight, no luggage etc.

Too risky IMO. I would always make sure there's at least one service after the one I'm getting that would still get me to the airport on time if I'm getting any form of public transport to the airport.

That would be fine. I got a 6.45 Ryanair flight using the 1am bus. Bus arrives into Airport circa 5.30 and even giving you 30 minutes to get to departures and through security leaves you loads to time to get to gate.

Thanks lads, not going to chance it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Firbolg

radiokerry.ie/careless-driving-causing-death-accused-found-not-guilty-direction-trial-judge

Absolutely sickening decision.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There will be an indoor boot sale in cumann Iosaef next weekend. Details in link below.
    https://www.facebook.com/Cumann-Iosaef-Community-Centre-Boot-Sale-373296803102352/

There will be road works at the fairies cross/Brewery road area of town from this week. Tweet taken from Kerry County council

Traffic Management in place for laying of a new watermain in Lwr Oakpark and Brewery Road in Tralee from Mon 6th Nov to Fri 15th Dec

I hope that means they are finally resurfacing that really uneven part of the road by the cbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hi guys. Is the butcher shop on the Listowel road ( Terrys, I think) still open for business?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Hi guys. Is the butcher shop on the Listowel road ( Terrys, I think) still open for business?
    Very much so

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Listowel Man

can't wait to do some christmas shopping in Tralee

can't wait to do some christmas shopping in Tralee

Guineys will be flying with ya

• Advertisement

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Guineys will be flying with ya

And Dealz only across the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Dont forget the Euro shops in the Square! Heaven!

A small section of cycle lanes are on the Upper Oakpark road now. It’s a pity people are already parking on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

went to Bana beach for a holiday a few months ago

We went to tralee a few times and have to say it is such a great little town

great people and lots to do in area .

we would love to move down there one day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see An Bord Pleanala have granted Costa Coffee permission to open a stand alone cafe in the space in front of CarpetRight at Manor overturning Kerry County Council's initial rejection.  That will hurt Gloria Jean's the most I would say.

http://www.pleanala.ie/documents/reports/248/R248682.pdf

ongarboy wrote: »
    I see An Bord Pleanala have granted Costa Coffee permission to open a stand alone cafe in the space in front of CarpetRight at Manor overturning Kerry County Council's initial rejection. That will hurt Gloria Jean's the most I would say.

http://www.pleanala.ie/documents/reports/248/R248682.pdf

And the Bookshelf, eventhough its a little bit further, but I'm sure it won't be good for them. GLoria Jeans is a total rip off, way more expensive than Costa!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Can anyone please suggest a recommendation for a private or public swimming lessons for a child aged 8 years old? We don't want to sign up for the usual '8 lessons and there you go' set-up. Want to start our child with lessons that end up with the child being a competent swimmer at the end even in if this takes a year. Our child has been in the pool a few times and is comfortable with water but is effectively a beginner.
    Appreciate your replies.

Councillors have voted to pedestrianise the mall for a trial period during the day. Thoughts?

http://traleetoday.ie/councillors-vote-daytime-pedestrianisation-mall/

Councillors have voted to pedestrianise the mall for a trial period during the day. Thoughts?

Taxi drivers are going to be pleased :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Was walking through the Mall with someone a few weeks back, her first time in Tralee and she says “this is a nice little square now, nice and open”. Had to proceed to tell her it’s only temporary and she said that’s a shame

I quite like the pedestrianised mall at the moment too.

One thing I noticed though was the contrasting paving blocks for the footpath and road sections aren’t very clear, I presume there’ll be bollards going up but it just made me think it’s not all too clear for drivers

Advertisement