Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I think the Mall looks very well car free tbh, and its nice to be able to walk it freely.
    Taxi plans here
    http://traleetoday.ie/councillors-vote-locations-full-time-part-time-taxi-ranks/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'm glad they will leave it pedestrianised but I wonder how they will enforce it, is someone going to physically put up a barrier to stop cars going onto the mall every morning and remove it every evening? Hopefully the rank bye-laws situation means they can now enforce the cycle lane on Denny st. 8 taxis were parked on it on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I'm glad they will leave it pedestrianised but I wonder how they will enforce it, is someone going to physically put up a barrier to stop cars going onto the mall every morning and remove it every evening?

Yeah, probably manual barriers for the duration of the trial but automatic bollards could be fitted if it's made permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

The pedestrian mall is fabulous. Clean and open and friendly. I'm sure that the shops along it will benefit greatly also. Nice job Tralee. Good thinking from a municipal council for a change. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Can anyone please suggest a recommendation for a private or public swimming lessons for a child aged 8 years old? We don't want to sign up for the usual '8 lessons and there you go' set-up. Want to start our child with lessons that end up with the child being a competent swimmer at the end even in if this takes a year. Our child has been in the pool a few times and is comfortable with water but is effectively a beginner.
    Appreciate your replies.

Only place I could think of in Tralee is the Sports Complex, I know they have 8-week courses but they also do take children up the levels and do swimming clubs, I'm sure you could give them a call to explain your situation and see what they suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

This sounds like great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Does anyone know how long the likes of Dillons/Higgins allow you to keep a skip without charging extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Hi Would anyone know if optician Brian Foley is operating in Tralee. He used to be with Specsavers for many years but when I went to book an eye test last week they said that he was no longer with them. Hopefully he has opened up somewhere else as I found him to to be really excellent. Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

mikehn wrote: »
    Hi Would anyone know if optician Brian Foley is operating in Tralee. He used to be with Specsavers for many years but when I went to book an eye test last week they said that he was no longer with them. Hopefully he has opened up somewhere else as I found him to to be really excellent. Thanks

I googled his name and it’s giving an address for him of 4 Abbey Court. I am not sure if there is an actual opticians there, I’ve never noticed one.
    Foley Brian FAOI
    4 ABBEY CT
    Tralee
    Kerry
    066 7121454

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Adiboo wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the likes of Dillons/Higgins allow you to keep a skip without charging extra?

I think you can keep it for as long as you need it. I’m not totally sure, but I think you just let them know when you need it picked up. It’s charged as a flat fee based on the size of the skip. I don’t think it’s charged per day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Mobile mad

Hi just wondering does anyone no of any places I could rent a room for up to a 100 people on Saturday mornings in tralee.

Mobile mad wrote: »
    Hi just wondering does anyone no of any places I could rent a room for up to a 100 people on Saturday mornings in tralee.

Is it a meeting room or a hall you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Can anyone please suggest a recommendation for a private or public swimming lessons for a child aged 8 years old? We don't want to sign up for the usual '8 lessons and there you go' set-up. Want to start our child with lessons that end up with the child being a competent swimmer at the end even in if this takes a year. Our child has been in the pool a few times and is comfortable with water but is effectively a beginner.
    Appreciate your replies.

My brother is a qualified swimming instructor. He works out of both the Aqua Dome and Banna Beach Hotel. If you would like to PM me I can give you his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mobile mad

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Is it a meeting room or a hall you need?

Either really somewhere that can accommodate up to 100 people seated for Saturday mornings on a permanent basis

Either really somewhere that can accommodate up to 100 people seated for Saturday mornings on a permanent basis

Plenty of hotels to choose from. The grand have a lot of rooms you can book.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

I think he has moved to CH Chemists.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I googled his name and it’s giving an address for him of 4 Abbey Court. I am not sure if there is an actual opticians there, I’ve never noticed one.
    Foley Brian FAOI
    4 ABBEY CT
    Tralee
    Kerry
    Thanks , Tried there already with zero luck.

Forge83 wrote: »

Thanks, will be on the phone there tomorrow, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Forge83 wrote: »

Confirmed today, yes he is operating in CH chemists, Bye Bye Specsavers hello CH.
    Thanks for the heads up.:)

• Advertisement

Confirmed today, yes he is operating in CH chemists, Bye Bye Specsavers hello CH.
    Thanks for the heads up.:)

I wonder was he the same man who did my eye test recently!? I don’t even remember what his name was! Very nice man though. There are two other ex Specsaver staff working in CH opticians now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

How about the Rose Hotel with free parking and near enough to the town for people to walk.

Tralee has picked up awards tonight at the Bank of Ireland Enterprising awards!

http://traleetoday.ie/overall-national-award-tralee-bank-ireland-enterprising-towns-awards/

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Hey,
    you could try the institute of Technology for a room

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

There's also the education centre near the IT.

Also the schools would rent out a room for cash. Mounthawk have space . The green too. Both with easy free parking.

Most of the hotels too.

Sad news that a cyclist was killed last night in Tonevane. The road is closed until midday according to reports. RIP to the deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

KOR Clubhouse, have rooms above the bar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Celsius Menswear have opened in Russell St next to Gamestop.

I notice diggers working away in the site next to Aldi on the John Joe Sheehy Road. I think that will be a petrol station with a number of retail units if I recall the planning permission.

Also I notice Spar Monavalley closed for a couple of weeks. Are the renovating or closed down altogether?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ongarboy wrote: »
    Also I notice Spar Monavalley closed for a couple of weeks. Are the renovating or closed down altogether?

They had a fire a few weeks ago. Closed for renovations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

ongarboy wrote: »
    Celsius Menswear have opened in Russell St next to Gamestop.

I notice diggers working away in the site next to Aldi on the John Joe Sheehy Road. I think that will be a petrol station with a number of retail units if I recall the planning permission.

Fair play to the lad/lads behind Celsius, they do not give up easily, I would think thats their third or fourth time reopening.

Advertisement