Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Fair play to the lad/lads behind Celsius, they do not give up easily, I would think thats their third or fourth time reopening.

Only their 1st time reopening, other openings were relocations to bigger units before downsizing once before closing.
    Was in today and got a deal on a pair of jeans, always good for a deal 😀 nice guys and good to support local

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Christmas FM will be available in Tralee (and most of Kerry) on 105.0 this year

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

g1983d wrote: »
    Only their 1st time reopening, other openings were relocations to bigger units before downsizing once before closing.
    Was in today and got a deal on a pair of jeans, always good for a deal �� nice guys and good to support local
    Absolutely, and great to see them giving it another shot

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

marno21 wrote: »
    Christmas FM will be available in Tralee (and most of Kerry) on 105.0 this year

Bangin choooooons

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The annual CH Christ parade will take place tomorrow, Saturday at 2pm. Leaving from North circular road & heading down Ashe street & onto the mall.
    The Christmas lights will be switched on at 5pm in the square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Is there a Tesco mobile shop/ stand in Kerry??

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Tesco in Manor West, Tralee has a selection of phones and plan details in an aisle but I'm not sure if that's what you want to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Wonder is there a dedicated phones person....

Need to get my telco mobile phone looked at....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There isn't a dedicated shop apart from Tesco themselves, but I'd say Carphone Warehouse would be the best place to go as they do all the networks.

Is it a repair you need done? If so, go to BMobile either in Manor shopping centre or they also have a shop just off the Square in Tralee, opposite Yummy Cafe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Tesco mobile out all over country. Fibre optic cable dug up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Tesco have PAYG phones in their stores...you bring the phone to the checkout, they take your money...that's it.... Carphonewarehouse don't deal with Tesco...if you have a network issue, ring Tesco mobile....if you have a physical issue, Adam in GSM or Mark in BMobile

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

There are dedicated Tesco Mobile staff/kiosks in the larger Tesco stores but not in any of the Kerry stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

pickled101 wrote: »

Saw that, lovely video. The guys in PAC tv are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Recovery Haven having a craft fair in the shopping centre this Saturday

Why not just give Recovery Haven one of the many empty units where they can sell these crafts all year round and raise vital funds for a great service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Got the Annual Report today from the Credit Union, they want to change their name to "Cara Credit Union" because they don't want "to be limited by geography" and feel a new name would help them with "national mergers". To be frank, it would be more helpful if they brought out the debit card they've been planning for years, rather than dreaming of national dominance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Got the Annual Report today from the Credit Union, they want to change their name to "Cara Credit Union" because they don't want "to be limited by geography" and feel a new name would help them with "national mergers". To be frank, it would be more helpful if they brought out the debit card they've been planning for years, rather than dreaming of national dominance.

I'm a member of a company credit union as well as Tralee credit union. The company credit union had a vote on a name chance a few years ago - This passed, I voted against the change. The name change was a prelude to joining with other credit unions which we were not sure how well financed they really were...
    The Charleville credit union mess and collapse comes to mind with this suggestion... Watch this space..

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Any recommendations of the good car valeting in town who'd pick the car from the office?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

sudaltsov wrote: »
    Any recommendations of the good car valeting in town who'd pick the car from the office?

The lads across from McDonald's are very good but I don't think they would collect, you could drop it off and do the Christmas shopping across the road in Manor 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Can't help but feel they want to move from outside the county and acquire and merge with other credit unions. Can't help but feel its a bad move. The new CEO not in the job for long and seems he is already getting delusions of grandeur.

A quick google of "cara credit union" sees that there was already one that ceased two years ago in Dublin. A bad omen if ever I saw one!

Chez Christoph’s Restaurant in courthouse lane are moving to the old Il Forno restaurant around the corner. It’s somewhere I haven’t eaten in, but I have heard it’s very good.

Also the new Cafe restaurant Wild is opening next week. Looks really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Can't help but feel they want to move from outside the county and acquire and merge with other credit unions. Can't help but feel its a bad move. The new CEO not in the job for long and seems he is already getting delusions of grandeur.

A quick google of "cara credit union" sees that there was already one that ceased two years ago in Dublin. A bad omen if ever I saw one!

To be fair it says in the newsletter that planning for the name change started in January, new CEO was only appointed in October, it can hardly be said to be his doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Also the new Cafe restaurant Wild is opening next week. Looks really nice.

Just had a look on their website, looks very nice, something different anyway! Hopefully they can make a go of it, they're in a great location on that corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I wish them well. Restaurant starts are a tough business, as there is a fairly low profit margin from food costs, staff expenses, rent etc. They seem to be putting some investment into the interior design and I hope the owner's of the property are carrying some of that cost. I think the very attractive street design that is taking place on the Mall etc, is only a benefit to businesses there. I hope the locals show their appreciation by supporting those shops, and restaurants.

I wish them well. Restaurant starts are a tough business, as there is a fairly low profit margin from food costs, staff expenses, rent etc. They seem to be putting some investment into the interior design and I hope the owner's of the property are carrying some of that cost. I think the very attractive street design that is taking place on the Mall etc, is only a benefit to businesses there. I hope the locals show their appreciation by supporting those shops, and restaurants.

It does stand out doesn't it! its eyecatching, but in a nice way. I hope they do well. I heard the guys behind it run Adams bar in Dingle and another coffee shop in Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Laudable and all as the sentiment may be and I am not having a go at the kids - its the adults like the teachers that should know better. But I don't think the residents of that premises are exactly the most deserving at this time of year. Lets face it its a wet hostel meaning that any spare cash is going on substance abuse of one form or another and if other costs are defrayed by this charity then that is where the money goes. I would have thought that the battered women and children shelter would have been more deserving.

http://traleetoday.ie/gaelcholaiste-students-raise-funds-arlington-lodge/

Ballyseedy cafe are opening a cafe in the Wetlands centre on December 8th! That will be a lovely addition. I don’t go to the wetlands enough, but it’s a lovely place for a stroll and there is a small playground too. Pity it’s not s bigger playground though, very few things in it. But a lovely place all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Is there not a cafe there already?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Is there not a cafe there already?

It's put out to lease, the person who had it originally also opened a restaurant in town a few years and that sunk him... don't know who's had it these last few years, but perhaps they aren't renewing their option

Advertisement