Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Zyxel P-660HW T1a router be used as a WiFi Access Point

Options
  • 11-01-2016 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I have two Eircom routers, the main one is the ZyXel D1000 but the WiFi reception is crap in some areas of the house.

I have a spare router , Zyxel P-660HW T1a and I'd like to know if this can be configured as a WiFI Access Point ??

I have downloaded the manual for the Zyxel P-660HW T1a router but as I'm not tech-savy, I've no idea if the router is able to do what I'd like it to.

I have googled this query too but again the majority of the stuff out there is way over my head

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

VUDuo2 wrote: »
    I have two Eircom routers, the main one is the ZyXel D1000 but the WiFi reception is crap in some areas of the house.

I have a spare router , Zyxel P-660HW T1a and I'd like to know if this can be configured as a WiFI Access Point ??

I have downloaded the manual for the Zyxel P-660HW T1a router but as I'm not tech-savy, I've no idea if the router is able to do what I'd like it to.

I have googled this query too but again the majority of the stuff out there is way over my head

Hi VUDuo2

Using a second modem to extend WiFi is called modem bridging - eir do not support this feature as it conflicts with our recommended settings so unfortunately we will be unable to help you with that. Hopefully somebody else reading this can help... but I would recommend searching online or even perhaps youtube...

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Did you ever figure this out? Im looking to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Did you ever figure this out? Im looking to do the same.
    Yeah, fluked it by going through this here , recently though I replaced the Zyxel D1000 with one of these "Netgear D7000" and don't need to "bridge" another router as the D7000 Wifi range is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Yeah, fluked it by going through this here , recently though I replaced the D1000 with one of these "Netgear D7000" and don't need to "bridge" another router as the D7000 Wifi range is excellent.

Cool thanks

Advertisement