Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recognise the area?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

the reg in the photo is a cloned reg lads.

They copied from that dealer; it's not my original reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks Zombienosh, but since OP said it's a cloned reg they took off dealer I'll delete the link so the dealer doesn't get a bad rep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

if the plates arwe cloned how do you know for certain its your car? Have you told the Gardai about the ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

What about making an ad using the pictures on donedeal.

If the car was sold the new owner might see and contact you or donedeal to call shenanigans.

• Advertisement

I won't go into detail of how I know as we're on a public forum, but I know it's my car.

The car hasn't been sold because it hasn't been insured on the cloned plates or old.

Guards are on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickah wrote: »
    I won't go into detail of how I know as we're on a public forum, but I know it's my car.

The car hasn't been sold because it hasn't been insured on the cloned plates or old.

Guards are on the case.

Keep us updated !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

threads like this, with random people helping each other more than make up for some of the ****e on boards.....yeah for the internet and people helping strangers...

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

Best of luck OP - hope you get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Now the location has been identified maybe it would be best for a mod to hide this thread from public view temporarily? Wouldn't want anyone alerting whoever has the car before the gardaí do their thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thread reinstated at posters request.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

January wrote: »
    Thread reinstated at posters request.

Can we hope this implies a positive outcome?

I traveled up to The Ashes but no sign of it at all. My car appeared on done deal numerous times since.

The Guards tried to organise viewing it undercover but the sellers are very sketchy on Irish men. They'll only sell to foreigners and women apparently.

So a month later I gave up the ghost and bought a similar car. Four weeks later I got a call from a Guard saying she was out on her rounds at night and saw suspicious activity in a car park; went to investigate and there was my motor in them midst of a sale between two parties with criminal records.

So I get my car back with zero damage and I'm delighted. Just gotta sell the 2nd one!

Thanks all!!

Word of Warning: my car keys were stolen from my house!
    1) Replace the key locks in your front and back doors with proper locks (~€60 a lock). Seriously; the locks that come with most doors aren't worth sh1te and can be broken in seconds.
    2) Double lock your doors every night. Especially PVC doors.
    3) Always turn on your alarm at night
    4) Leave front/rear exterior lights on at night
    5) Basically don't be soft target

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

That's great news! Hopefully charges will follow against said offenders.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Any idea where it was hidden for nearly a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Great news and good security advice. Well done the gardai, sounds like a team effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

Great to hear you had a positive outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Excellent result! Where was it all this time? Did they arrest anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,450 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

most excellent news op

I actually got it back in April. Just back on boards.ie; been v busy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Great stuff, I just stumbled on this thread tonight, great to see a good outcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Brilliant news. Delighted to hear it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

simdan wrote: »
    Looks like everywhere in blanchardstown/castleknock/tyrellstown

True, or balbriggan.

Advertisement