Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Fuel - North Dublin City

Options
  • 11-01-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

New to the area, just moved to Glasnevin, and just wondering where best to go for solid fuel deals - coal and briquettes etc?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Best place to look is over in Bargain Alerts. There's a few good threads there but you'll have to use the search function to find them as it's a busy forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=346

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

tricky D wrote: »
    Best place to look is over in Bargain Alerts. There's a few good threads there but you'll have to use the search function to find them as it's a busy forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=346

Nice one, will have a looksee. I wasnt sure where was best to look, but figured that here might be best.

budhabob wrote: »
    Hi all,

New to the area, just moved to Glasnevin, and just wondering where best to go for solid fuel deals - coal and briquettes etc?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Hi Rob,

I'm in the same boat, we just moved to Glasnevin and have an open fire for the first time! We bought a 40KG bag of coal for €18.50 from a coal yard at the top of Sycamore road/Jamestown road. I'm not sure if it's a great price or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Hi Rob,

I'm in the same boat, we just moved to Glasnevin and have an open fire for the first time! We bought a 40KG bag of coal for €18.50 from a coal yard at the top of Sycamore road/Jamestown road. I'm not sure if it's a great price or not.

That's where I buy most of my coal, wood and briquettes. Prices seem average

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hi Rob,

Cheers, will check it out at the weekend. Given the temperature is dropping fire might be on more regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Grange Builders Providers in Baldoyle sometimes have offers if you take the stuff away yourself rather than having it delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

I got a ton delivered to Glasnevin for 355 euros from coal warehouse up north 320 for the ton , 35 for delivery

Works out at 12.80 a bag of smokeless ovoids

Advertisement