Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window and door seals replacement

Options
  • 11-01-2016 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking to get an idea on price , or where I would Look for a decent quote.

There are lots of drafts/noise coming in through windows and doors in my 3 bed semi in Dublin.

Original double glazing from 1997, so I'm thinking I could just get the seals checked/replaced ?

Would a window installation company quote mad money for a job like this, or where would be best place to look, or if anybody has done an idea of price please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Intersted in a response to this also......

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wadpie

The vast majority of the time, it's not the seals that need replacing. It's the hinges that need replacing. Check if there is a gap, at the hinge side of the opening part of the window. What your describing (noise / draughts) to me is broken hinges. If you post some images of your windows i'll be able to diagnose it for you. How many of your windows are like that?

Advertisement