Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizzy Bee waste compactor gone from Brooks in Riverchapel

Options
  • 11-01-2016 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

It disappeared over the Christmas break - it was in the Car Park of Brooks Supermarket and cost €7.50 for 80Litres of Rubbish. I found it to be very useful as we don't generate much waste and don't have a contract with any of the waste companies so I would pop down every few months and stuff it full of Grey bin material.

Is there a similar service in Gorey/Courtown?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I'd produce enough rubbish on a weekly basis to fill a plastic bag that'd you'd get a loaf of bread in. Everything else gets re-cycled via a trip to the recycling center.

It raises a good point -

There's no cost effectiveness in me signing up to a waste provider, so what are people like yourself and myself really supposed to do with our rubbish? I don't really want to be saving it up until I've enough for a trip to a mobile waste compactor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭secman

1865 wrote: »
    It disappeared over the Christmas break - it was in the Car Park of Brooks Supermarket and cost €7.50 for 80Litres of Rubbish. I found it to be very useful as we don't generate much waste and don't have a contract with any of the waste companies so I would pop down every few months and stuff it full of Grey bin material.

Is there a similar service in Gorey/Courtown?

Thanks

There's a bin in Expert Hardware in Kilmuckridge. It costs €6 for the token. I've managed to squeeze a very very large refuse sack full to the brim and a bit more....

Advertisement