Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-Fibre in Ardnacrusha area (Barry's Cross)

Options
  • 11-01-2016 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I placed an order with Eir before Christmas and an engineer visit was scheduled for Friday last between the hours of 12 - 4 and the e-mail said they would not be leaving until my broadband was up and running.

I waited in the house for the engineer to arrive but by 3:30 there was no phone call or no engineer so I called your 1800 number.  I got through to the most unhelpful agent (Irish) who told me that I cant get broadband, that the engineer was out there and there were no ports left in the exchange and that I was on a list and that my account had been terminated.

Firstly, a call would have been nice to let me know that there this was the case and not for me to call you that the Engineer wasn't calling and that I was unable to get broadband.

I asked how many people were on the list (Response - I don't know)
    I asked is there anyway of finding out (Response - I don't know)
    I asked how does the list work (Response - I don't know)
    I asked If my account has been terminate (By EIR) am I still on this list you speak of (Response - I don't know)
    I asked What should I do now (Response - Apply again for broadband and see if a port has freed up).

Has anyone else come across this issue in the Ardnacrusha area?

I have a phone line which is active, EIR are telling me I am able to get e-fibre up to 12MB.  The house when I bought it had broadband working (Previous owner)  What can I do?

Where can we find out about this list or how long one might be waiting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eh?

Have Eir responded to you?
    They may operate a first-come, first-served policy when ports in the cabinet do become available..

I recently moved into a house that is ~100m from the Athlunkard exchange (ATD1_002) you mentioned.
    Eir indicated that the phone line would not support speeds >1MB. There was a previous post on boards.ie [E Fibre or not? Ardnacrusha area, Co. Clare], quite a few people were getting very poor speeds from the same exchange.

There is no FTTH planned in the area on the Fibre Broadband Network Coverage Map.
    The Siro (ESB / VF's fibre broadband joint venture) map indicates it may be rolled out in the area a few years from now.
    We're currently making do with an unreliable 4G dongle :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Wackoy2k wrote: »
    I placed an order with Eir before Christmas and an engineer visit was scheduled for Friday last between the hours of 12 - 4 and the e-mail said they would not be leaving until my broadband was up and running.

I waited in the house for the engineer to arrive but by 3:30 there was no phone call or no engineer so I called your 1800 number.  I got through to the most unhelpful agent (Irish) who told me that I cant get broadband, that the engineer was out there and there were no ports left in the exchange and that I was on a list and that my account had been terminated.

Firstly, a call would have been nice to let me know that there this was the case and not for me to call you that the Engineer wasn't calling and that I was unable to get broadband.

I asked how many people were on the list (Response - I don't know)
    I asked is there anyway of finding out (Response - I don't know)
    I asked how does the list work (Response - I don't know)
    I asked If my account has been terminate (By EIR) am I still on this list you speak of (Response - I don't know)
    I asked What should I do now (Response - Apply again for broadband and see if a port has freed up).

Has anyone else come across this issue in the Ardnacrusha area?

I have a phone line which is active, EIR are telling me I am able to get e-fibre up to 12MB.  The house when I bought it had broadband working (Previous owner)  What can I do?

Where can we find out about this list or how long one might be waiting.
    Hi Wackoy2k

In the case where there are no ports available unfortunately there is nothing that can be done beyond waiting for a port to become available - through another person cancelling service or more works by networks to add more ports.

There is no list or queue to go on for a port but If you want to get back to me I can check once a week for you - just PM me.

In the meantime we would normally recommend availing of a non eFibre service until a port is available although this cannot be ever guaranteed.

Genuinely sorry I can't offer you better news but hopefully I can in the future.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement