Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Paid Course Dublin

Options
  • 11-01-2016 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,
    I'm new to this forum, so if this is the wrong thread please advise and I'll move it.

My request is simple, the story behind it is not.
    To cut a long story short, I'm a 3+ years experienced Business Analyst, working for an italian-based multinational consulting firm. I'm trying to relocate in Dublin (or Ireland in general) and the main issues I'm facing are:
    1. BA outside of Italy is expected to be experienced in really different and most complex areas than he/she is in Italy
    2. I believe, nowdays, companies still prefer to have a face-face meeting before hiring

So, I can't quit my job and come there looking for a new job...the waiting may take too long for me to be able to pay for all my expenses.

So I came out with a sort of solution and here's my question:
    Does any of you know about paid IT courses? With "paid" I mean some kind of course/training/internship with a retribution (also basic) which may be enough to cover up to 40/50% of the daily expenses?

Guys, thank you so much and looking forward to hearing from you,

Cheers,

Frederick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Hey,

What are you skilled in/trained in? When you say you're a BA - what systems are you using in your current workplace?

Unfortunately there are no "paid IT courses" which fit your description other than a JobBridge scheme/FAS course (Intreo course I think they're called now).

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Asaiah

There is the Back to education allowance but you must be an Irish resident and unemployed and on social welfare for 9 months (I think) before applying.

As someone coming from Italy no ones going to pay you to be a student. Better off just going for a low level help desk or technical support job and work your way up from there.

Advertisement