Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS to PC transfer

Options
  • 11-01-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭

Hi
    This forum has been very helpful to me and I have another headache
    I found a pile of old VHS tapes with memorable family moments, and I would like to copy them to digital format before the tape deteriorate.

The thing is i purchased a product called EASYCAP, its a USB connected to RCA leads, but frustratingly it wont load the drivers and from the reviews ive read, it looks like it could be a fake.

Does anyone on here know of a good product that can do the job.

BTW, i have a VHS player and im running windows 10 on my desktop

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The thing is i purchased a product called EASYCAP, its a USB connected to RCA leads, but frustratingly it wont load the drivers and from the reviews ive read, it looks like it could be a fake.
    Hope you didn't spend more than €15 on it. If you did, it's probably a fake.

=-=

I have a "Hauppage WinTV 88x" that I bought 2nd hand on adverts.ie - it's an internal PCI card. Have a VCR hooked upto it, and keep meaning to get around to taking the stuff.

My setup is;

VCR---Scart cable---SCART Adapter---video cable to the Hauppage card, and audio into my PC.

Use the software that came with the card to record, and then use Handbrake to convert them from AVI into something more HDD space friendly :D

The hardest part is getting a decent VCR player. Most are crap, they're not made anymore, and any "unused" ones are stupidly expensive, and are probably crap anyway.

Advertisement