Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgages: Length of time with employer

Options
  • 11-01-2016 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭

I'm with my current employer for nearly 4 years and currently saving a deposit for a mortgage- I am permanent and full time. I expect to make a joint application with my wife later this year. She is employed part-time on a long-term (multi-year) renewable contract. Our incomes are about equal in value.

I was previously told by a third-party mortgage advisor that many lenders will not consider income from people employed less than 12 months at their current employer. This was a couple of years ago, so I wonder if this is still the case (or was it ever?). 

I may have a new job offer soon, and my concern is that if I change jobs in the coming months, we might have to wait an additional 12 months before making our application. I would need to consider the trade-off in salary increase versus possible impact on a mortgage in my decision to accept or reject.

Similarly, if we get approval and I subsequently change jobs, will this affect our ability to draw down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi AtomicHorror,

Thanks for your post.

Due to the nature of your query, it would be best to discuss this with a Mortgage Adviser.

If you would like us to arrange a call back with one of our qualified mortgage advisers, please send a PM with your name, phone number and the first line of your address and we will arrange this for you.

Thanks

Janette

Advertisement