Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing Paper Online

• 11-01-2016 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking to print some photos using my pixma canon printer. Specifically some 4X4 4x6 5x7 prints. Any ideas on where to find the best deals? is it best to use Canon paper or other better brands? https://www.123ink.ie looks decent value?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Been a while since I printed myself, but used to use 7dayshop.com

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

spiderdan wrote: »
    is it best to use Canon paper or other better brands?

For small prints the brand of paper is not really going to matter. What will matter though is if you use the correct paper profile. You probably can't get a profile for generic "photo paper" but you will for Canon or any of the recognised brands.
    Oh, and stick to Canon ink, don't be tempted to go down the seemingly cheaper own brand stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

For almost all printing I use Permajet paper.

For small prints I use Oyster or Matt paper. They come in boxes of 100 5"x7" and cost about €25 a box. I buy mine in John Gunne Camera Shop, Wexford Street. (I don't have any connection with them). Its a great family run shop, always helpful.

You can download specific profiles for the Permajet papers from the Permajet web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Tarsna

Ive been using Ink 123 for 5 years now and its the best Irish Company I've ever delt with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

PermaJet papers are top quality and great value, but as Adrian mentioned, take the "trouble" to download the correct profile from the PermaJet site - the prints will be so much better.
    It looks like you are Cork based, so you can pick up PermaJet from two stores:
    The Ink shop on Georges Quay, or Barker Photographic in Frankfield.

• Advertisement
Advertisement