Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different CAO personal statements for different courses?

Options
  • 13-01-2016 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I'm a bit confused at the moment about the CAO Statement of Interest.
    I am applying as a mature student to a course that is only available in one university in Ireland, has very specific entry requirements and needs a highly tailored personal statement.
    Now considering there are only a handful of mature spaces on this course in the whole country, I am also putting down a backup course in a more general subject that I even have the points for (did my leaving cert in 2006) and would be an easier personal statement to write.

So on my CAO application, should my Statement of Interest just be something general? When I post them my supporting documents do I just put two separate envelopes for each college including more tailored personal statements?

I see that the CAO statement is only 1500 characters. I think my Personal Statement to send to the university will need to be longer (nothing crazy but enough to cover all the bases I feel I need to cover!)

Just a bit confused as I don't want the course I have my heart set on to think my CAO statement isn't relevant enough to their course!

Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement