Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awards of the Year Nominations 2015

• 11-01-2016 4:26pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Time for some awards nominations. Prize is the acclaim and admiration of your fellow posters

Some suggestions:

Post of the Year 2015:
    Poster of the Year 2015:
    Thread of the Year 2015:
    Non-EPL post/poster of the year:
    Most likely to be banned in 2016:
    Most biased poster:

This thread may be useful: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057353371

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Post of the Year 2015: Futureguys post give me a genuine LOL http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96151129&postcount=936
    Poster of the Year 2015: Tough one, some many deserving candidates, I'm going to say SlickRic, excellent poster and mod too.
    Thread of the Year 2015: Simple, the Humour thread always serves up some good posts.
    Non-EPL post/poster of the year: Turtwig, shout out to Inforfun and also dreamers75 and Oat23 also.
    Most likely to be banned in 2016: I think about 90% of the forum could win this award :o I'm going to say Mick, sorry pal :pac:
    Most biased poster: Couple of contenders for this but for sheer entertainment, even though he articulates and plans his points well, it has to be AIG for his bias of all things Barca, Pep or Messi.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dfx- wrote: »

I'd like to nominate everyone in the Aston Villa thread.

O wait, this is looking back on 2015 not predicting 2016. Don't worry we've got this in the bag next year guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Andre 3000 wrote: »

Was included in last years awards I believe

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Was included in last years awards I believe

It's from 2015 though? Albeit NYD of 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I nominate me for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I will get my revenge for that GavRedKing and it will be very well planned and articulated in perfect fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Some award for helpful posts. Have the poster citytillidie in mind, his work on CL, EL, and now live games on tv threads, giving all fixtures and results are always very handy.

Could just lump into poster of the year too I guess, but I see that as all round contribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I'd like to nominate everyone in the Aston Villa thread.

O wait, this is looking back on 2015 not predicting 2016. Don't worry we've got this in the bag next year guys!

#Dedication

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Time for some awards nominations. Prize is the acclaim and admiration of your fellow posters

Some suggestions:

Post of the Year 2015:
    Poster of the Year 2015:
    Thread of the Year 2015:
    Most biased poster:

This thread may be useful: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057353371

To much to choose from for post of the year for me
    Poster of the year: GavRedKing for me the massive standout, nearly go to the Chelsea department to see what hes saying about the situation
    Thread of the year, Arsenal you can see the highs and lows from the fans in Arsenal thread ever page, its just mayhem at times, they really over think it
    Non-EPL: cant pick one again, their is a few guys posting in the Seria thread I like
    Most likely banned and biased go to the same guy: AIG hands down, dont see how anyone comes close in either department

• Advertisement

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Post of the Year 2015: Futureguys post give me a genuine LOL http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96151129&postcount=936
    Poster of the Year 2015: Tough one, some many deserving candidates, I'm going to say SlickRic, excellent poster and mod too.
    Thread of the Year 2015: Simple, the Humour thread always serves up some good posts.
    Non-EPL post/poster of the year: Turtwig, shout out to Inforfun and also dreamers75 and Oat23 also.
    Most likely to be banned in 2016: I think about 90% of the forum could win this award :oI'm going to say Mick, sorry pal :pac:
    Most biased poster: Couple of contenders for this but for sheer entertainment, even though he articulates and plans his points well, it has to be AIG for his bias of all things Barca, Pep or Messi.
    Man Utd play Liverpool on Sunday :pac:

Best post for me goes to Pilsbury Doughboy also, if it's eligible.
    If not this beauty from Maximus Alexander
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95492582&postcount=1441

Oh and Poster of the year for me goes to That_Guy, most level headed non biased poster on this forum. Oh an he's a diehard Newcastle so god bless him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Post of the Year 2015:
    Poster of the Year 2015:
    Thread of the Year 2015:
    Most biased poster:

-Pillsburys excellent rant is for the ages
    -Borntobywilde has an excellent unique posting style
    -Arsenal one of course
    -
    -Orange2
    - The poster formerly known as efb, bless him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd like to nominate myself for poster of the year, cause I'm great, in fact I think I should win all the awards in case it breaks.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I'd like to nominate myself for poster of the year, cause I'm great, in fact I think I should win all the awards in case it breaks.

I haven't written anything, because I'm not really good at that type of thing. But I did a drawing.

otkfif.jpg

What do ya think? It's me in the nip, with a dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I haven't been able to post much this year so I'm a bit out of touch.

Post of the Year 2015: The doughboy one bye bye ala co*k suckers.

Poster of the Year 2015: Not for his football knowledge because that's terrible, but for funny light hearted posts and great nodding, gavredking

Thread of the Year 2015: I'll go for a non obvious one, Gary Neville becomes Valencia head coach. Had everything.

Non-EPL post/poster of the year: Baldy conscience, only one I can think off, plus made his straganoff recipe, tasted good.

Most likely to be banned in 2016: turdyturd still around? Him if so.

Most biased poster: K9. Check out the 'alternative table' if anyone needs proof, it has Liverpool winning the league I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Post of the Year 2015: Turtwig's OP for Barcelona v Munich: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95354489&postcount=1

Poster of the Year 2015: TheDoc/homerjay2005 among many contributors in the extremely busy United thread, K-9 in the Liverpool thread too

Thread of the Year 2015: The Ireland v Germany matchthread, especially the last 20 minutes.

Non-EPL post/poster of the year: Pighead/MisterAnarchy/citytillidie

Most likely to be banned in 2016: so many to choose from...the Arsenal thread is usually in meltdown in February so someone there to lose it....I'll go with Buttonftw or Quazzie.:p

Most biased poster: I have to credit grumpymunster for his defence of Chelsea :)

Most likely to be banned in 2016: turdyturd

Most biased poster: LuckyLloyd, ridiculous Klopp love

Post of the Year 2015: The guy from the Liverpool thread who had a meltdown.
    Poster of the Year 2015: 5starpool or Lloyd for me
    Thread of the Year 2015: Humour thread.
    Most likely to be banned in 2016: Easy one this, Mick. Did well to get this far!! Rayne a runner up.
    Most biased poster: AIG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Most Likely to be Banned: Mick

Most Biased Poster: Mick

Poster of the Year: Not Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

corcaigh07 wrote: »

You forgot the other categories, or are you just using this thread to get a dig in at someone you don't like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You forgot the other categories, or are you just using this thread to get a dig in at someone you don't like?

:confused:

He managed 3 more than you did.

:confused:

He managed 3 more than you did.

I didn't give any. Why the confusion, I was passing comment on a comment.
    The very same thing you just did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I didn't give any.

Exactly. So why have a go at someone that did?

Exactly. So why have a go at someone that did?

Do I have to break it down for you?

The first part was just a smart arse quip which lead on to the real reason for posting. Is it that hard to understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Most likely to be banned in 2016: Flint Fredstone and The Kerrigoonster.

Most likely to be banned in 2016: Flint Fredstone and The Kerrigoonster.

You forgot the other categories ;)

• corcaigh07 wrote: »

Biggest obsession about Mick : corcaigh07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm just going to come out and say it, I like M!Ck^.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Boards Poster's Fanboy of the year....OwaynOTT....:pac:

Edit..
    I should fluff this post out a bit:

Post of the Year 2015: Doughboy's one was epic. Don't know if it counts for this year. It should be immortalized into some SF Hall of fame somewhere!
    Poster of the Year 2015: Gavredking, purely because he's offered to foot the bill for a coke n hookers party for all who nominate him.
    Thread of the Year 2015: Ireland beating Germany, we all fcukin' loved that thread!
    Non-EPL post/poster of the year: I haven't a notion for this one, and now my dogs just farted. It's rank. I want to leave the room now.
    Most likely to be banned in 2016: Mick, apparently!
    Most biased poster: Sorry AIG, I do love reading your posts, If you had a newsletter I'd subscribe...but you do like yer Barca and yer Spain and yer whatnots!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm just going to come out and say it, I like M!Ck^.

Mick the poster or...... :pac:

• Most likely to be a mod in 2016: M!Ck^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Most likely to be a mod in 2016: M!Ck^

You get my vote anyway mate. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    You get my vote anyway mate. :)

Sacked in the morning...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Post of the Year 2015: Super Rush could well find himself employed by Tourism Ireland if he keeps up this sort of hospitality: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94677475&postcount=2741

Poster of the Year 2015: There's a good few I like. Hammer Archer, Bounty Hunter... but Paully D's loving hate for his beloved Sunderland reminds me of my own loving hate for my own Newcastle... and Bohs... even though they're actually alright these days. ;)

Thread of the Year 2015: The Ireland v Germany one is quite an incredible thread to read back upon.

Non-EPL post/poster of the year: Dozen Wicked Words (his account is now closed) is a pretty decent poster. Northampton Town fan if I recall correctly. Seems like an all round sound fella.

Most likely to be banned in 2016: One of Saipanne or Conor74 I'd say.

Most biased poster: I guess everyone is biased but AndersonIsGod takes the absolute biscuit and I'm still not sure if he's become a parody of himself or was a deliberate piss take. Either way, good job. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think PaullyD should be poster of the year. He is always around, heart on sleeve as far as his own club is concerned. He is never, that I can remember, involved in fighting or bullying other posters. He seems a very unbiased poster.

LuckyLloyd is another fantastic poster, very enjoyable reading his posts because of his command of the English language and he'd be a close second for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement