Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection dropouts

Options
  • 11-01-2016 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello,

Relatively new Eir customer here, we got Broadband there roughly the end of October or so.  It was great the first few weeks of it, speeds have always been grand (considering the max we will get on our line is 2-3Mb). 

The problem however lies in the reliability of it. As in, nearly every morning the Eir router will display the usual lights but the ones for 'DSL' and 'Internet' will be off.

It seems to be 50/50 when I attempt to use the internet at this time if it will come on or stay off. 

But the same thing happens throughout the day a number of times (that is, DSL and Internet lights go out for different periods of time).  Sometimes it will disconnect from the internet halfway through a game on xbox live, which is the bloody worst, or while watching some Netflix or replying to somebody on Facebook messenger. What I'm getting at here is no one thing sets off these issues.  And I've scoured the Eir pages/the router login page, etc but nothing helps.

Sometimes a quick on/off fixes this, and the lights come back on.  Othertimes, hitting 'reset adsl line' in the router settings under 'Diagnostic' will do it (I have an eir D1000 modem), othertimes no matter what is done - no amount of following the troubleshooting guides will fix the DSL and Internet lights being out...literally a month after getting Eir I had to get a cheap Three handset and top it up by 20E for the unlimited ALWAYS ON-THANKFULLY internet, which is NUTS considering the Eir internet is FREE for 6 months due to a cock up during the ordering process, so really..even though you guys tried to compensate me, I've had to spend that money on another freaking service.

Just wondering if this is something Eir can fix, or will I be better off getting a brand new, quality modem that will hopefully not drop connection all the time???

And a note to the Eir reps reading this: an engineer had to come out at the start to set up the internet, as we were having similar issues, it was OK for a little bit, and then we noticed these disconnects happening.  Nothing in our set-up has changed. Only a couple of basic settings have been changed on the modem, so really I don't know what's causing it.

Please tell me this is something ye can fix lads, 'cos I can't keep dealing with it!

edit: added a few details

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Galway92 wrote: »
    Hello,

Relatively new Eir customer here, we got Broadband there roughly the end of October or so.  It was great the first few weeks of it, speeds have always been grand (considering the max we will get on our line is 2-3Mb). 

The problem however lies in the reliability of it. As in, nearly every morning the Eir router will display the usual lights but the ones for 'DSL' and 'Internet' will be off.

It seems to be 50/50 when I attempt to use the internet at this time if it will come on or stay off. 

But the same thing happens throughout the day a number of times (that is, DSL and Internet lights go out for different periods of time).  Sometimes it will disconnect from the internet halfway through a game on xbox live, which is the bloody worst, or while watching some Netflix or replying to somebody on Facebook messenger. What I'm getting at here is no one thing sets off these issues.  And I've scoured the Eir pages/the router login page, etc but nothing helps.

Sometimes a quick on/off fixes this, and the lights come back on.  Othertimes, hitting 'reset adsl line' in the router settings under 'Diagnostic' will do it (I have an eir D1000 modem), othertimes no matter what is done - no amount of following the troubleshooting guides will fix the DSL and Internet lights being out...literally a month after getting Eir I had to get a cheap Three handset and top it up by 20E for the unlimited ALWAYS ON-THANKFULLY internet, which is NUTS considering the Eir internet is FREE for 6 months due to a cock up during the ordering process, so really..even though you guys tried to compensate me, I've had to spend that money on another freaking service.

Just wondering if this is something Eir can fix, or will I be better off getting a brand new, quality modem that will hopefully not drop connection all the time???

And a note to the Eir reps reading this: an engineer had to come out at the start to set up the internet, as we were having similar issues, it was OK for a little bit, and then we noticed these disconnects happening.  Nothing in our set-up has changed. Only a couple of basic settings have been changed on the modem, so really I don't know what's causing it.

Please tell me this is something ye can fix lads, 'cos I can't keep dealing with it!

edit: added a few details
    Hi Galway92

Really sorry to hear of that - I'm sure it can be quite frustrating. I'll be happy to escalate this to our technical support team for tests so please feel free to PM me your land line number. As soon as I have feedback from technical support I'll let you know - which should be later today.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement