Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA Football National Championship game 2016

• 11-01-2016 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭

1405355628000-playoff-trophy.jpg
    clemson-logo-200.jpgvsalabama-crimson-tide.png

Dabo Swinney's 14-0, undefeated, and #1 ranked Clemson Tigers, play Nick Saban's 13-1, and #2 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide, for the 2016 NCAA Football National Championship in Glendale, Arizona.
    Clemson is seeking their second National Championship, and also also entering tonight, as they were the Consensus National Champions back in 1981, and finished that season both undefeated at 12-0, and ranked #1 by the Associated Press.

Alabama is also seeking their 16th National Championship, and their first since 2012. Since Alabama hired Nick Saban to be their Head Coach, he has lead the Crimson Tide to BCS College Football Championships in 2009, 2011, and 2012. Saban is becoming one of the greatest head coaches in college football history and hopes to add to that legacy tonight.

Chris Fowler with color assistance from Kirk Herbstreit will be your commentators.

Clear skies at 52 degrees weather forecast at the University Of Phoenix Stadium area, for the 1.30 am(Irish time) kickoff along with 0% precipitation, 45% humidity, and very mild northwest winds at 3 miles per hour.

No injuries have been reported for either team, so we are all set for the two best teams in the country to go at it with no excuses.

I've pretty much believed that Clemson would make it ever since they beat Notre Dame in horrendous weather conditions at home to put themselves front and centre in the rankings. However I've seen a lot of Alabama this season too and I really do believe that this is Nick Saban's best team so far. I think the Crimson Tide front seven will be the difference makers tonight. DeShaun Watson has been outstanding for the Tigers all year long but he has never came up against a defense even remotely close to what he faces tonight. I'd expect the Alabama defense to be the key in this game tonight and I'm predicting a comfortable enough win for the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Can only echo the sentiment that I think Alabama end up winning this by multiple scores. Still looking forward to it, hoping it's a close one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So annoying having this on a Monday night. :mad::(

Mackensie Alexander is a game-time decision for Clemson with a hamstring injury. Very disappointing that he won't be 100% if he even plays. Him vs Ridley would be nice to see before he goes on to become a top NFL corner. Shaq Lawson won't be fit either if he does play. Tough on Clemson.

Bama by 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

If I was betting on it i'd take Clemson with the points. Think Alabama wins a close one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Good job by yhe Tigers D to stop Bama, now Deshaun Watson gets the ball at his own 9 for his first drive.

The Tide's offense had been slow to get going in a lot of games this year. I think Clemson have to get points from almost every opportunity if they are going to do it tonight.

Tigers had a little success but they got stopped and Alabama have the ball back with excellent field position.

• Advertisement

Well Derrick Henry was not getting much room in this game but then boom, a little opening and he goes over 40 yards to the house. TD Alabama and its 7-0 just like that.

TD Clemson7-7. Deshaun Watson was just sensational on that drive. Game on!

Am I the only one from the AF forum watching this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭Guffy

Watching it too, don't watch much cfb but good game so far. Clemson d looks good but a great cut by henry for the td. Which of the skill players should i be looking at for the draft?

How is the clemson de getting away with being in the neutral zone every other play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Still 7-7. Good stand from clemson and a missed fg from griffith.

Watson is the player of the game so far and he is shredding this much vaunted Bama D. 14-7 Tigers after a fantastic drive again.

TD Clemson. Quick drive.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Watching it too, don't watch much cfb but good game so far. Clemson d looks good but a great cut by henry for the td. Which of the skill players should i be looking at for the draft?

I'd say Watson's stock is rising dramatically in this game. Derrick Henry is another there will be a lot of talk about if he goes which is unlikely. Calvin Ridley is a future star in the NFL imo. There not many offensive skill players that will be in the draft class in May.

Tigers are on top on both sides of the ball so far.

After the 38-0 game v Michigan st, lots of people were saying the tide only had to turn up. Good to see a close game anyway. Could be very good.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd say Watson's stock is rising dramatically in this game. Derrick Henry is another there will be a lot of talk about if he goes which is unlikely. Calvin Ridley is a future star in the NFL imo. There not many offensive skill players that will be in the draft class in May.

Had a quick google, watson not eligible till next year. The best offensive player on the pitch so far. Henry has big shoes to fill if he goes, trent richardson the last bama rb drafted i read :p

Ya Clemson def look the better team by far early doors

Turnovers kill

Big interception by Alabama there and they needed it. Henry goes off on a run then and it takes a face mask to take him down. They are at the Tigers 12 after the 15 yards were tacked on to the run.

TD Alabama, Derrick Henry again and we're all tied up at 14-14.

• Advertisement

Second TD for Henry

Clemson get a stop. 1st & 10 at the Tigers 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

14-14 HT. Clemson FG Blocked.

Clemson miss a field goal to take a lead into halftime. It's been a great game so far.

Bama stop Clemson on a quick three and out to start the second. Just have this feeling that the Tide are about to turn up the heat.

And just like that Howard gets his first td reception of the season to put Alabama up 21-14.

Alabama back in front. Quick start to second half

21-17

• Advertisement

1st and 10 clemson at the tigers 40. Derrick Henry is the leading all time rusher for the tide.

Clemson back in front

Gotta love how well Clemson have played. The way things have gone over the last while you'd expect them to score again here.

Another first down to get into Alabama territory.

Huge sack to end that drive.

Big 3rd down coming up. Great game

The Tigers D stop Bama again, it's looking like Clemson are going to do this with the way their D is performing.

• Advertisement

Bama's D keeping them in it but their offense have to find some way to get it done.

Complete waste of possession. Pointless punting into the endzone

All tied up

Tide finally get down the field, courtesy of a 38 yard pass on third and long, and get the field goal to tie it up.

Bama with the onside kick and they recover it.

• Advertisement

And out of nowhere Alabama are back in front 31-24. Coker to Marshall for the second time tonight. It just doesn't seem fair.

Clemson throwing this away

Cant get over that onside kick from Alabama. That is just a ballsy, ballsy call.

Tigers get down the field fast but have to settle for a field goal. 31-27 Tide.

Another missed opportunity. 31-27

Game, set, match.

Wow, Kenyon Drake takes the kickoff to the house. All going Bama's way now, all they need now is a pick six to make it just another regular game for them.

Gallman has been electric in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

This is an epic game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Brilliant game. Clemson gotta get a stop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement