Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Eir and Meteor use same infrastructure?

Options
  • 11-01-2016 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

I wonder if anyone or Eir reps can answer my query, I need to know does Eir Mobile (emobile) use the same infrastructure or call routing as Meteor. So if I can dial a number abroad using a mobile with Meteor should I be able to also call the same number using Eir mobile? Or would they be some infrastructure reason why I would not be able to dial it using eirmobile?

I'm talking about infrastructure issue or call routing, not other reason like caller have restrictions calling international numbers, called number blocking incoming calls from specific numbers, etc

Hope it's clear, if needed I can PM reps the exact reasons for my question.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

They're effectively just two brands on the same network.

I'd treat eirMobile as more like a special Meteor price plan.

What number are you calling? (Just the country code and network details, not the whole number)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

nava wrote: »
    Hi

I wonder if anyone or Eir reps can answer my query, I need to know does Eir Mobile (emobile) use the same infrastructure or call routing as Meteor. So if I can dial a number abroad using a mobile with Meteor should I be able to also call the same number using Eir mobile? Or would they be some infrastructure reason why I would not be able to dial it using eirmobile?

I'm talking about infrastructure issue or call routing, not other reason like caller have restrictions calling international numbers, called number blocking incoming calls from specific numbers, etc

Hope it's clear, if needed I can PM reps the exact reasons for my question.

Thanks
    Hi nava

Yes, The same infrastructure & call routing is used.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement