Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekly weigh in

• 11-01-2016 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Just putting this up to see if anyone is interested in joining me on weighing in and putting the results up here every week. Could help us all to stay on the straight and narrow, whether you are trying to lose, gain or maintain.

I'm currently at 65.5 kg. Would like to take it slow and steady and lose half a pound a week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Lucy21

Started at 14st 10lb
    Current Weight after Week 1 of Clean Eating
    14st 6lb

@ 65kg - do you really need to loose weight - I wish I was only 65kg!!! That's my target weight - Currently I am 92kg!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

I'll join.

Currently 137lb which I think is 162.5kg?

I'm pretty short so although 137lb doesn't sound too high, I am definitely overweight!

I lost 2lb last week just with eating well, I also start at my local running club in the C25k tonight so hopefully that will help me too :)

A loss of 0.5 - 1lb per week would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Currently 137lb which I think is 162.5kg?

62kg, not 162 :)

Divide by 2.21 to go from pounds to kg.

Hi Guys,
    We didn't seem to get very far with our Weekly Weigh INs.

Well heres my weight 9 months later

Starting Weight 14 Stone 13lb
    Current Weight 11 Stone 7lb :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Lucy21 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    We didn't seem to get very far with our Weekly Weigh INs.

Well heres my weight 9 months later

Starting Weight 14 Stone 13lb
    Current Weight 11 Stone 7lb :D:D:D:D

Congrats. Great progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Clea

HI, I started 3 weeks ago on 52.5kg, today on 50.5.
    Need to go down to 43, 44 as that is my ideal weight since I am a tiny person.
    Would love to get there by Christmas so nothing fast-lane-wise.
    Cut on chocolate and crisps and things like that, like eating in-between meals too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Mike folan

Hey guys,

I love this idea. I started back at the end of June in a gym here in Galway. Love it at the moment and am always looking for other ways to keep the motivation going.

Starting Weight 18 Stone 8lbs on the 28th of June
    Currently at 17 Stone 2lb as of my weight in at the gym last Friday.

Hope this thread keeps going. :)

I also started a blog recently to keep a track of this, maintain the focus and some of the events and goals in my life.
    Please pay it a visit and take it easy on me as it is in its infancy :) it's here

Well Done Mike - That is super Stuff. Keep up the good work.

I have fallen off the wagon a small bit this week but I am back on today !!!!!

Just been having a little break from counting but that's allowed so today is a new day for me - starting fresh.

Currently I am 11st 8lb (I put up 2lb) and I would like to get under the 11st by Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Just as an FYI, there's a General Weight Loss Support thread here

Thanks Lucy21 for the words of encouragement.

Alf, I will check out that thread.

Cheers.

Forgot the post this weeks weight in. Unfortunately I stayed the same this week, but that's ok as I had a social event last weekend so to come in the same was good.

• Advertisement

Missed last weeks post. I stayed the same, but am down 2lbs this week. Keeping the focus on between now and xmas. :)

I am sorry to say that in the last 3 weeks I got up to 51.3 as of this morning.
    Still better then when I started, but got to 50.4 and now back to 51.3.

Hope the trend will start falling down again soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Might as well join in, I started at 174 a couple of months ago and am now at 154.5 losing about 1 pound a week...
    Was down 1.5 pounds last Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Would like to join in this thread! 63.6kg this morning, aiming to maintain/lose a small bit more but not much, without driving myself mad in the process. Down from 85kg but maintaining at this weight for a few months now and it's just as hard work for me as losing weight, I feel I've really made a lifestyle change and don't have any particularly bad habits (never drank fizzy drinks, don't eat takeaways, am not an emotional/binge eater, don't drink a lot) so I don't see it creeping back on but still find I have to be careful or I can make poor choices (or obsess over choices) so something like this might help me each week to stay on track. Well done everyone on your achievements so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Sarah1916

I would like to join this as well if that is OK.

I was 66.9KG as of last Saturday.

Hoping to get to 62 by Christmas and 60 by March (our wedding).

Hopefully this thread might help to keep me motivated.

Best of luck Sarah1916. :) hopefully we will see the pounds/kilos shed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm in.

Will weigh myself in the morning.

Best of luck Hugh Mungus :)

Pretty much bang on for the week this morning down 1.6 pounds to 153.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

Would like to join too if thats cool.

Started attempting to eat better in June, after 5 months and 3 injurys later I've managed to go from 168 pounds down to 158-159. Not the best improvement considering the time frame but its progress!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Good idea for a thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭tony stark

At 194 pounds. Goal is to get to 168.Thats 26 pounds to lose!!! l Started eating clean today and will be counting calories until I lose them. Have built a gym out the back so no excuses!!!

Got weighted last Thursday, my usual day is Friday but I was heading off for the weekend. Stayed the same as the previous week. I'm not that hopeful this week as the weekend was fairly out of control, but determined to minimize the impact by getting off my ass as much as possible each day between now and my weight-in on Friday.

Wish me luck!!

Any reason why some of ye are measuring weight in pounds?

Anyway I'm this week on 51.1kg.
    Not really happy as where I am, but glad I stopped the gaining trend and going down again..

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Whoops forgot to check in after 7 days, it's been about 10 days. Last week was 63.6kg, today was 63.3kg. It was lower during the week, I was 62.something, and had some visitors over here (I live abroad) and enjoyed showing them local foods and beers, didn't track food, haven't been to the gym but glad to see it didn't have much of an impact! This is pretty much what I'm aiming for, maintaining, ebbing and flowing within a healthy range, able to have those flexible (slightly naughty) days and those good weeks and have it all balance out. Going away for 12 days now with no access to cooking so will see how I get on!

152.6 so down half a pound this week but I've been struggling with a pelvic problem with came home to roost tonight at football ...looks like a hernia so major set back getting it checked tomorrow..

Weight in was yesterday and delighted to say that I was down 3lbs this week. After being away last weekend and on the drink for 3 nights. I concentrated on getting more protein in my food for the week. I do expect to see a bit of a kick back next week due to last weekend, but if I keep active and my protein intake up I should minimize the effect for next week. So over the moon for now. :)

Clea wrote: »
    Anyway I'm this week on 51.1kg.
    50.6 as of this morning..

Haven't logged a long time but after holidays was happy to see this morning a number of 50.0kg on my scale : )

• Advertisement

49.2kg.. hope to keep this up :)

(meaning down :d)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭New Goat

Clea..what height are you? Do you know body fat percentage?

Ah I am about 160 but small body frame so think about 45kg would be perfect for me :) which is another 4kg down to go : ) ideally

48.7kg this morning.. half way there..

does anyone else still doing this? :)

Advertisement